Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Soundtracks again

Default Soundtracks again

i remember a post up some time ago about movie soundtracks so, im renewing the thread,

i just listened to a soundtrack for the recently released max payne movie.

now yes most know its of a videogame, but personally i liked it, it was different, and it wasnt true to the source material much at all but i think it stood on its on merits as a good popcorn flick, anyway back to the music,

the score is actually very interesting and different, and anyone into there scores and thematic music should have at least one listen,

the score is by marco beltrami.

its worth a download.

personal faves:

max attacks, love the tension build and the sudden burst into a synthetic pulse.

colvin quivers, the suspense and plucked strings i love

storming the office, one of the more clever tracks using a similar synth to hold the drive while creepy and suspensful strings jump at you, while holding a decent melody.

window payne, by far one of the best tracks, its the full on mix of orchestra and pulse synth, and is obviously the theme for the movie as its blatantly obvious this track was produced far more over the others.

dark heaven, great piece of music.

max marches on, strange but empowering piece. raw strings and melodic strings, with pounding brass. switching into a really strange piece.

heaven to the max, reprisal of dark heaven but more intense, very deep sound.

so if any check this out let me know what you thought.

just thought i would share this with you

I have the score soundtrack to Watchmen, was actually a mistake meant to get the OST. Found the score to be very good.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Two stand out tracks from the watchmen film:

"The Times are a-Changing" - Just thought it fitted very well in the segment, it was a good opening scene, track sounded brilliant!

"Sound of Silence" Simon and Garfunkel track, never really liked or listened to it before, but sent a shiver down my spine listening to it in the Cinema! sounded great

i love the soundtrack to Interview with a Vampire
    "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…What a sick, masochistic lion."