Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Da Vinci Code.

Quote Originally Posted by Saveman
    Very briefly these were all laws given specifically to the Israelites. Jesus did away with that law. Rom 10:4
    How convenient
    some of this stuff would bring a tear to a glass eye.

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber
    How convenient
    some of this stuff would bring a tear to a glass eye.
    An explaination was requested. I gave one.
    This is why debates don't work.
    The reason given to questions aren't excepted because they're rationalised away.....and I'm unwilling to accept the rationalisation.

But hey I'm delighted with what I believe! I hope you're just as pleased with what you believe.
    I'll be debating no more...
    Last edited by Saveman; 04-Mar-06 at 19:45.
    You get what you give

Default Religious Hypocrisy

An Irish priest and a Mullah found themselves sharing a compartment in a railway carriage.

After a while, the priest opened the conversation by saying, 'I know that in your religion,you're not supposed to eat pork, have you actually tasted it?'

The Mullah said, 'I must tell the truth, yes I have, on the odd occasion.'

Then the Mullah asked the Priest 'In your religion you priests are supposed to be celibate, but have you ever had a sexual relationship with a female?'

The Priest replied, 'Yes, I knew you would ask that, I have succumbed once or twice.'

There was dead silence for a while.

Then the Mullah peeped over his newspaper and said...'Better than pork, isn't it?'

Oh dear - been away for a night and the world has gone mad. I've missed too much of this to jump in at all the places I'd like to so, briefly, I agree with Katarine and Saveman. Porshie - you seem to have some very odd ideas about modern Christianity and I wonder how much you know about the great discussions and questions that take place where people of faith gather together. I'm not R.C. so I don't believe you have to confess in a box; I'm not Fundamentalist so don't believe every word of the Bible is literal historical fact. I do believe that God sent his Son to show people a better way of living and finally to die for them in one of the most agonizing ways imaginable. Have you read John Robinson's Honest to God? It was written many years ago now but caused a sensation at the time and is just one illustration of the fact that Christians have questioned many aspects of the church's teaching for years but still retain their basic faith.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Very briefly these were all laws given specifically to the Israelites. Jesus did away with that law. Rom 10:4
    So, what you're saying is...the Bible evolved?

You could be right, if you interpret "telos" as meaning "termination", however if you use the usual interpretation of "purpose" then it has a completely different meaning.

There is a lot to take in here.

A few ramblings of my own...

Somewhere I remember reading that the word that work in the origional Bible texts ment young woman rather than virgin.

I always found it interesting that it was the women who witnessed Christ’s death at the end. At the time they were not considered great witnesses but they saw it all to the end: makes them very important in Christ’s eyes not matter how much their role has been played down.

An explaination was requested. I gave one.
    This is why debates don't work.
    The reason given to questions aren't excepted because they're rationalised away.....and I'm unwilling to accept the rationalisation.

But hey I'm delighted with what I believe! I hope you're just as pleased with what you believe.
    I'll be debating no more...
    You don't have to accept the rationalisation, just keep on stating what you believe.
    These 'debates' only strengthen with people like yourself who are not afraid to stand up and say what they believe.
    Yay for you!!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Oh No not this again!!!
    Patience is the ability to put up with someone you'd like to put down.

Yep! Hahahahahahaha
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    Is there any specific examples which you want to draw our attention to?
    It would seem the newly translated gospel of Judas may come under his category.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567