Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music Shop

Default Music Shop

I heard from one of the employees that the Music Shop in Wick is closing. Passed it myself last night and it has a closing down sale notice in the window.
    To stay young live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age.

thats a shame. its a sign of the times though. you can get cds cheaper online nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by obiron4377
    thats a shame. its a sign of the times though. you can get cds cheaper online nowadays.
    Musical instrument also cost a lot of money so i suppose most will go further south if they are planning a new instrument. Still its a pity to see another local shop closing.
    To stay young live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age.

Sadly you can buy loads of things cheaper online, but when possible I try to buy locally.It would be better to keep the town center busy, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by obiron4377
    Not to mention those who "borrow" choons off the internet. Blank CD's everywhere, nor any drop to drink!!

Hope the thurso shop doesn't close too, cause i'm waiting for an album that i ordered in 2003, should be here any day now..any day now...

How many death nails does it take to shut Wick's coffin? Another shop bites the dust. It gets worse, sadly.

Lets be positive though!! We do have new shops opening

Haven't been to Wick for yonks. Is the Music Shop still down the little lane near the old police station car park.
    If so, does anyone remember (late 1950's early 60's) a big St Bernard dog that used to frequent that area? It used to happily lie down in the middle of the lane and would move for anybody or anything, cars would have to drive carefully around the big beast.
    I agree it is a shame it has to close but this is "progress" and the technology you are reading this on, is partly to blame.

krieve Guest

The music shop in thurso is to close also it says in todays courier .

Quote Originally Posted by krieve
    The music shop in thurso is to close also it says in todays courier .
    Really? You got to be kidding, right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    Really? You got to be kidding, right?
    The truth has been spoken sir

krieve Guest

no it's on the front page of the courier- caithness is to lose its 2 long established music shops.owner james sutherland said that the premises in wick and thurso will cease trading with in a matter of weeks once a stock clearance sale is complete.

I can't believe it. Another slice of peoples' memories consigned to the dustbin. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Caithness is a cultural Chernobyl.

THE MUSIC SHOP IN WICK HAS NEVER BEEN THE SAME SHOP SINCE ALEX GEDDESS SOLD IT,IT HAS GONE DOWN SINCE THEN.

Cool

Shame to see another of our wee town`s shoppies closing, Closing down sale means Knockdown giveaway prices for the cd`s ye`ve always wanted but never got round to buying them as something else more important came up-community tax of course . Shame but true folks, the vultures are gathering=Me.

Quote Originally Posted by COACHMAN
    THE MUSIC SHOP IN WICK HAS NEVER BEEN THE SAME SHOP SINCE ALEX GEDDESS SOLD IT,IT HAS GONE DOWN SINCE THEN.
    When was that? Jack Shearer was there in 1960.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Jack Shearer was Alex Geddess Father in Law.

donss Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brokencross
    Haven't been to Wick for yonks. Is the Music Shop still down the little lane near the old police station car park.
    If so, does anyone remember (late 1950's early 60's) a big St Bernard dog that used to frequent that area? It used to happily lie down in the middle of the lane and would move for anybody or anything, cars would have to drive carefully around the big beast.
    I agree it is a shame it has to close but this is "progress" and the technology you are reading this on, is partly to blame.
    His name was Daniel: i remember him well! (showing my age, I know.... LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by COACHMAN
    Jack Shearer was Alex Geddess Father in Law.
    Janette's husband then? E' beeg doug wis Chacks' wis id no. The music shop moved twice since it was in the lane side e' police station.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast