Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any more potato recipes please?

What about mashed tatties with a tin of beans,tin of cornbeef and a tin of sweet corn allmixed in together with the tatties i have that sometimes i like it

That sounds very much like a recipie for a noxious gaseous explosion Eddie .

Default I'm on a roll with the spuds ...

Having just written up on the "potato slice" thread, another potato favourite amongst our crowd was "hassleback potatoes" (no, not Hasselhoff, that would be icky..)
    Take a potato and thinly slice all the way along its length, but don't cut all the way through. So you have a spud with lots of little cuts down it.
    Take some crushed garlic and chopped parsley and softened butter (not marg!!), blend together and rub this over the spud, forcing some of the herby garlicky butter into the grooves.
    Cook in the oven for about 30 mins (depending on the spud size). Sprinkle with some sea salt afterwards.
    Brilliant with a nice rump steak and a glass of red.

Thumbs up potato recipe

i had left over mash from last nights tea(about 12oz) so the night i beat in 2 egg yolk & 2tbsp milk, finely diced half a small onino, finely diced a half green pepper and beat them in to potato mix. next i whipped the 2 egg whites till soft peaks & folded this into mix along side 100g grated cheese. butter a casserole dish & put tatties in put in oven gas 6 alongside the chicken for half an hour. it was braw. fed me, hubby & daughter.
    i

Colcannon is a good one and goes with everything!

One I do is to get baby potatoes and quarter them, add a jar of Scala aubergine pesto, diddy tomatoes and some chopped up choriso. Cover with tinfoil and bake in the oven at 200 for about 30 mins (long enough for caramelisation to start).

It's bl**dy gorgeous!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12