Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Puff Pastry

Default Puff Pastry

Not a recipe needed but can anyone tell me where to buy Puff Pastry in Wick?
    I checked out Tesco and Somerfield yesterday and nothing happening.

Anyone know of anywhere? If not, how do I make it????
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

You should be able to get it in Tesco, if it is not in the chiller cabinet then there should be some in the freezers.

If not I have recently bought some in Bews butchers in Thurso - or if all else fails and you need it desperately send me a PM, I have a block in my freezer.

Hi There

there are 2 ways of making puff or flakey pastry both are ever so long and require patients the 1st method is the english method and the other is the french the french is better and more likely to work.....if you find a trusted recipie, jamie oliver is good for pastry or try leiths pastry/dessert bible, it was invented by a french commis (training) chef who was making pastry but forgot to incoporate his butter so to avoid getting in the S*** he laminated it in to his flour and eggs ........ to be honest i have never worked in a resterant/pub/hotel/bakery that makes puff/flakey pastry its so uneconomical

hope this helps