Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Caithness Auction Website?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Hi everyone

I've been living in Caithness for a couple of years now and have noticed that there seems to be a growing need for more Auction places in Caithness. Since the closure of Coghills Auction House in Watten, only the Quoybrae Auction remains... and they don't do non-livestock auctions very often.

I have come up with an idea of creating a Caithness Auction Website. It would be a website like eBay but just for Caithness. I think something like this would work out quite well...
    • A high percentage of the auctioning fees would go to local charities in Caithness.
    • It would be an cheap, quick and easy way to advertise anything you want to sell.
    • There would be a high chance of being able to pick up items instead of sending them through the post. This also means that people that are afraid of paying for goods over the internet could pay by cash.
    • It could help local businesses as they could create their own "Store" on the auction website. (If you are used to eBay you will know what I mean).

Do you think it would be useful? Do you think people would use it? I would love to know what other people think of this idea...

Thank you!
    hi your spot on what a great idea how do we go ahead with it i will support it from the begining cheers

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    how about www.cbay.co.uk
    Erm probably 'cos it's taken!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Erm probably 'cos it's taken!

sorry, it was meant in humor i dont care enough about the subject to go and check whether its taken or not !!!!

But saying you have checked thanks for the info
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Hi there,

This just a quick update to let you know that Cness.co.uk will be launching on 1st August so make note of this in your diary.

Unfortunately the admin of caithness.org is not allowing me to discuss this venture anymore on the forum as it could be classed as advertising. So this may be the last post from me in this thread.

Thank you all for your patience!

Well done to you Matthew for all your hard work in setting up this venture. I for one will certainly be using it. Good Luck.

well good luck and i do know someone who has stuff to sell on there already x

Hi there,

This just a quick update to let you know that Cness.co.uk will be launching on 1st August so make note of this in your diary.

Unfortunately the admin of caithness.org is not allowing me to discuss this venture anymore on the forum as it could be classed as advertising. So this may be the last post from me in this thread.

Looking forward to the launch Matthew. Pm me please nearer time, surely the forum will allow that !!
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

Hi there,

Looking forward to that Matthew, pity admin wont let you talk about it anymore as it is for charidee!!!!

Have seen alot more blatant advertising for people who are running a business for Themselves.
    good luck though I for one will be there!!!

Well done Matthew, I'm looking forward to the launch of what I hope is a successful venture.

Good luck Matthew. Hope you will not desert the org and will find other topics to comment on when you have time in your busy schedule.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Got myself registered and look forward to August 1st...........Well done Mathew..........

Also Registered and waiting for the the 1st August.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Wow, not long now!

I believe that cness.co.uk is now open and they have a few listings posted. Well worth a look

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Not much listed yet but hopefully in time it will grow and grow and grow and grow into a long long long list of lovely lovely stuff! And help Balmore too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I believe that cness.co.uk is now open and they have a few listings posted. Well worth a look
    Aye, there's nothing like a bit of self-promotion, eh Kodiak?
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Default just came across this site similar ebay

Hi just came across this site looks good but does'nt seem to busy its for local community www.cness.co.uk worth a look

Hi

It has been mentioned on here a couple of times

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...=cness+website

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456