Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Caithness Auction Website?

watching and waiting.....xx
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

me too! My cupboards are heaving!

Estimated start date is beginning of June if everything goes to plan! There will be free listings at start up for probably a month or two to get things going. So looking forward to everyone putting things up for sale! :P

Note to people that were helping beta test: I have moved the website to a new domain and beta testing is paused currently until I have made registrations on the site automatically work for the website forum. This will mean that you will not need to register for a auction account and a forum account seperately.

Really looking forward to this....What way will the pics of goods for sale be uploaded?

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Really looking forward to this....What way will the pics of goods for sale be uploaded?

Pictures of items will be uploaded through the website when you are listing items for sale. You will be able to upload up to 6 images for free and they are automatically resized to fit on the page.

How is it going Matthew? Still all OK for a start in the beginning of June. I have a few things waiting to be listed.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Looking forward to this will you be able to use paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Yes there will be online payment methods of course. There will be at least paypal. Possibly others like googlecheckout and 2CheckOut.
    As Matthew says PayPal will be a Payment method,

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

cness.co.uk???

Quote Originally Posted by dereek View Post
    cness.co.uk???
    Blame a certain Orger for coming up with that name.

Only joking missus.

Talking

check out http://www.cness.co.uk

lol

Quote Originally Posted by dereek View Post
    Looks fantastic. Can't wait till the auctions are up and running. One thing I noticed is that the registration page isn't encrypted and so isn't secure. Don't fancy registering until that is done. Other than that, it looks really impressive.

Edit: Sorry mistake.
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    How is it going Matthew? Still all OK for a start in the beginning of June. I have a few things waiting to be listed.
    Things are behind slightly. I still need to find charities that would like to benefit from cness.co.uk. I have sent a few letters out to some and phoned some but have had very little luck.

If there are any charities reading this please let me know if you think you charity would like to benefit from this. You can PM me or send me an email at matthew@cness.co.uk. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kmahon2001 View Post
    Looks fantastic. Can't wait till the auctions are up and running. One thing I noticed is that the registration page isn't encrypted and so isn't secure. Don't fancy registering until that is done. Other than that, it looks really impressive.
    Will be adding an SSL certificate to the site to make sure that all information transferred over the server is secure and encrypted so don't worry. But thank you for your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Things are behind slightly. I still need to find charities that would like to benefit from cness.co.uk. I have sent a few letters out to some and phoned some but have had very little luck.

If there are any charities reading this please let me know if you think you charity would like to benefit from this. You can PM me or send me an email at matthew@cness.co.uk. Thank you
    This really surprises me. I would have thought the charities would be falling over themselves to get involved.

Will be adding an SSL certificate to the site to make sure that all information transferred over the server is secure and encrypted so don't worry. But thank you for your concern.
    That's good to know. Will register as soon as this is done. Can't wait till it's all up and running.

BTW What are you doing about advertising it? Will you be producing bumper stickers, flyers etc that we can stick in our cars, house windows, local shops etc?

Looking Good Mathew....well done you for all your hard work...I am sure the charities will come round when they are convinced everything is genuine.

If you are looking for a good Charity I would suggest the Local Red Cross or the Local Scout and Guide Groups.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Blame a certain Orger for coming up with that name.

Only joking missus.
    I'll be seeing you in Heaven Joxy !!
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

Quote Originally Posted by kmahon2001 View Post
    This really surprises me. I would have thought the charities would be falling over themselves to get involved.

That's good to know. Will register as soon as this is done. Can't wait till it's all up and running.

BTW What are you doing about advertising it? Will you be producing bumper stickers, flyers etc that we can stick in our cars, house windows, local shops etc?
    I would have thought that all charities would be really interested too.

Advertising-wise, I am hoping to have newspaper adverts and flyers up in shops. I'll also probably be handing out leaflets and maybe getting some mousemats, keyrings etc sorted out.

Just had a look at the website and i must say it looks really good!!!

Thought i'd try my luck at the registration process and was really surprised at how easy and user friendly it was!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast