Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Caithness Auction Website?

Brilliant idea and I too would use it,paying a fortune to ebay sellers drives me nuts!x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

This seems like an excellent idea, but a question if you do not mind.

Would you be implimenting a On-Line Payment method, if so which one? I.E. PayPal, PPPay etc.

Or since you would be limiting it to caithness Only would you not wish to use such a payment method?

I wish you well with this and I do think it could work and I would sign up to buy as well as sell.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Judging by the responses and if you check out the amount of "for sale" etc on Caithness.org there is definitely a market.
    Why not contact Bill to see if he could point you in the right direction for server costs or any grants that you may get.Seeing as it would be a local site that will benefit local charities then I am sure there is some kind of assistance that you could get to help finance the site.

Cant wait till its up and running!!
    I think I will cotact him. Thanks for the advice hotrod.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Brilliant idea and I too would use it,paying a fortune to ebay sellers drives me nuts!x
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    This seems like an excellent idea, but a question if you do not mind.

Would you be implimenting a On-Line Payment method, if so which one? I.E. PayPal, PPPay etc.

Or since you would be limiting it to caithness Only would you not wish to use such a payment method?

I wish you well with this and I do think it could work and I would sign up to buy as well as sell.
    Yes there will be online payment methods of course. There will be at least paypal. Possibly others like googlecheckout and 2CheckOut.

That does look really good Matthew and I would definitely sign up.

Well done and good luck!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

cant we sell your things on the org for free

Thumbs up

Forgot to say, I would be happy to be a beta tester for you if it helps you get this venture going. PM if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by im behind you View Post
    cant we sell your things on the org for free
    You are quite correct you can offer things for sale for free on the org.

What is being offered is an auction facility that people can bit for an item this way the person who wants it most can win.

It is also helping out local charities.

It will also hopefully reach even those who havent found the org yet
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Talking

How are things progressing Matthew?
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

It is going ok. Main layout is done. Just having to go over everything and make sure find things that need to be changed.

If anyone is interested in helping find bugs, typos and stuff like that please let me know and you can help out if you want.

I emailed Bill Fernie this morning like somebody advised. So just waiting to hear back from him hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    It is going ok. Main layout is done. Just having to go over everything and make sure find things that need to be changed.

If anyone is interested in helping find bugs, typos and stuff like that please let me know and you can help out if you want.

I emailed Bill Fernie this morning like somebody advised. So just waiting to hear back from him hopefully.
    i would like to help you out with this ??

Default Auction

Good luck with your new venture Matthew, it looks very interesting and exciting. Well done.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

This sounds like a great idea. Maybe Caithness.Org can provide you with space for a link under their "Business" page?

Also I wouldn't worry about non-locals purchasing stuff. If it has to be shipped, the purchaser pays the shipping costs, so the seller won't be left out-of-pocket.
    Rockchick

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so (Douglas Adams)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    This sounds like a great idea. Maybe Caithness.Org can provide you with space for a link under their "Business" page?

Also I wouldn't worry about non-locals purchasing stuff. If it has to be shipped, the purchaser pays the shipping costs, so the seller won't be left out-of-pocket.
    How's it all going Matthew? Not that I'm excited or anything......

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    Going very well indeed. Bug tracking is going well too. Just need to get a few minor bugs fixed and it should be ready.

I also need to change to a better domain name. In fact, I am going to go with the domain name that you suggested.

Estimated start date: June 2009

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    Going very well indeed. Bug tracking is going well too. Just need to get a few minor bugs fixed and it should be ready.

I also need to change to a better domain name. In fact, I am going to go with the domain name that you suggested.

Oh God, watch her head expand!

Memo to self: Must not display envy.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Oh God, watch her head expand!

Memo to self: Must not display envy.
    Better my head than your babygro....................

Wooooo Hoooooooo Shucks, thanks Matthew...........

count me in have used ebay alot and the charges for here are a crime let us know when you are up and running good luck x

Thanks purplelady!

Small update... Finished typing my business plan today and having a meeting with Ian Thompson from business gateway to get some advice tomorrow!

Things are going well...

Also bought the cness.co.uk domain name.

Things are moving fast........just so looking forward to it all.......so are my cupboards.............

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast