Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: aol.

Default aol.

Right this lot are getting on my nerves, my aol broadband has been playing up for a few weeks now, so slow and sometimes not responding, i have decided to find a new provider but unsure who is the best value for money at the moment i pay about £21.00 per month but thats for my phone calls and broadband, so before i was a bit wary to give them the push but now i have had enough so any ideas please would be greatfull, well anything except bt that is.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Whatever you do, do not go with Tiscali - quite easily the worst broadband service I've ever had.

Conversely, BT's Total Broadband Option 3 was by far and away the best service I've ever had.

im with tiscali and have had no problems, even when moving house, i would recommend them.

i get unlimited internet, line rental and free evening calls for £25.00 per month.

we have tiscali and 1mb speed unlimited, and al telephone calls (not high price or mobile) for £17.01 + vat

Red face aol

We changed 18months ago to plus net and haven't had any problems. Son who lives in Edinburgh is also with them and the service has been first class.

Quote Originally Posted by Blast! View Post
    Whatever you do, do not go with Tiscali - quite easily the worst broadband service I've ever had.

Conversely, BT's Total Broadband Option 3 was by far and away the best service I've ever had.
    yes i agree with that
    if u worry u die, u die any way so why worry?

i started off with bt and had nothing but trouble so changed to tiscali, and tiscali was less than half the price

Im with orange and have never had a problem yet!!
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Right this lot are getting on my nerves, my aol broadband has been playing up for a few weeks now, so slow and sometimes not responding, i have decided to find a new provider but unsure who is the best value for money at the moment i pay about £21.00 per month but thats for my phone calls and broadband, so before i was a bit wary to give them the push but now i have had enough so any ideas please would be greatfull, well anything except bt that is.
    We are on BT so I cannot suggest anything for you.
    However, a friend in the computer industry refers to AOL as a cancer, as once your pc has it, you can never get rid of it. As a previous AOL customer myself, and one who will never touch them again, I am afraid he is right, as you will soon discover
    Hopefully you find a better provider next time