Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you met anyone famous??

you just wish I voted for Arnie, pal

Tic Chick Guest

Mike my humble apologises. I had thought your opening sentence was a sarcastic one and I was thinking of Richey Edwards. Not sure why as I know fine who Mani is.

Anyway back to topic, I've also met Mr C and Tall Paul. Carl Cox smiled and said 'Hi' to me once, I was over the moon.

Zeebie Guest

You WERE honoured indeed 'Tic chick'!

I got drunk once with the singer from Echo & The Bunnymen, what'sisname McCulloch, in Yates' Wine Bar, Liverpool.

Oh and Derek Hatton once threw a pint of Lager at me.

Do these count as famous?

I served Ian Duncan Smith petrol at the garage when he was up staying with Mr Minter. Is he famous????????

Solastar

Mr Sensitive Guest

Who is Iain Duncan Smith?

Anonymous Guest

C'mon, you remember Ian Duncan Smith...

Was he not the chef from the muppets?

Do you not mean chief of the muppets!!!!!

Default famous people

Ive cooked for some famous people.
    WHen i worked in the merc i cooked for Bruno Brookes( old dj very short!)Eric Bristow and his obnoxious wife Maureen Flowers!.

When i was in the army i cooked for the duke and duchess of Kent.

I also spoke to Louise the popstar on the phone and was so gobsmacked i got to speak to her i forgot what i phoned in to say! and ended up asking her what her favourite chocolate is!!DUH its snickers by the way.

And my claim to fame is when i was in Germany cooking for 2000+soldiers a day i cooked and served "forbie" and David Gammie!!! I know there not famous but it goes to show no matter where u go you always meet a Weeker!!

I set up the PA system and was introduced to Kenneth Kaunda, then Zambiam president, when I was working in that country in 1979.

Have a pic taken with Beirut hostage John McCarthy and appeared (for several minutes - ooohhh!!) in an episode of his documentary series about sailing around Britain - filming was on the little island off Finstown in Orkney.

Won 2 tickets for the Royal Variety perf at the Palladium in 1969, saw loadsa stars but too shy to speak to them!

Ah.....I'm so blessed!!!

Caledonia Guest

I have met Ainsley too, he is a wee bit taller than me and he was wearing a large felt hat, very dapper!

I usually have something wise assed to say to celebs but my wife had business with his wife so I kept the flapper shut. Due mainly to geograohical reasons I have met a ton of film stars, pop stars and otherwise known folks, but I rarely really take notice. I did give the Gallaghers a Cornetto each at a mate's house.

again interesting reading BUT IS NO-ONE RELATED OR PALLY WITH ANYONE THAT WOULD BE FAMOUS ENOUGH TO LEAD THE CAMPAIGN FOR THE MATERNITY UNIT (small hobby horse or mine)
    IE PRINCE CHARLES OR ONE OF HIS WITH THEIR LOCAL CONNECTIONS

I was at the Thurso public meeting last year when Jamie Stone MSP opened his remarks by saying that as our dear Queen Mum was no longer with us, we should write to Prince Charles for his support.
    I ridiculed this nonsense then and I'd do it again. The campaign against the attacks on health sevices will be fought by ordinary peple and won by ordinary people, not by imaginary saviours like nutty prince Charlie.
    I presume Jamie has already acted on his own bold initiative and asked Charlie to speak out? Deafening silence tells its own tale. While Charlie's support would not go amiss, let's not kid ourselves by relying on The Great and The Good to fight battles on our behalf.
    Political decisions wil be made in relation to the forces pushing on them.

Reminder: Public Meeting Wick Asembly Rooms Wednesday 7.30pm to form Action Group on maternity unit.

Frank Ward
    'Put Not Your Faith In Princes'

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonia
    I usually have something wise assed to say
    You???? Surely not!!!

Default finally!

i was in HMV in oxford street today, and i bumped into Edith Bowman(well, im more or less positive it was her!) hehe, im well happy now. i said sorry and she said sorry-- i was in her way! i couldnt belive it! hehe
    im such a hillbilly!

Met quite a lot of famous people, loads of footballers, sports journos etc. Sat next to Jessica Lange on a flight to Inverness once - that was nice as she spoke to me all the way
    Last November whilst staying in Glasgow we happened to be in the hotel lift with Marti Pellow, and he wished my wee lassie Happy Birthday. Actually later that trip home we went to the panto in Inverness and Mrs Mac had a "shot" of our then 3 month old baby in the cafe Life in the fast lane.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

I've got a photograph of Hitler playing golf - is that any good?

I met Royston Vasey aka Chubby Brown in a bar in Plymouth. We had a chat about his show for about 5 minutes then he sat with his stage crew. He is not at all like his Chubby persona.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by mareng
    I've got a photograph of Hitler playing golf - is that any good?
    only if it is of him on Reay or Thurso golf course in the last week or so.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I was the house keeper at Ardverikie House where 'Monarch of the Glen' is filmed so met all the cast and they used our flat in the 'big house' for filming!!

Also lived in the same village in Devon as Jennifer Saunders and Ade Edmondson, they used to buy buns in the bakers I worked in, their kids were little brats! Michelle Dotrice (Betty in 'Some Mothers do 'ave em') came in too, oh, and Rolf Harris, he had paint all over his shoes!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast