Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Have you met anyone famous??

My list's not as impressive, but there's a couple of big enough names to mention. lol

Years ago I met Cobra from the Gladiators (that show was great!) in Inverness.

Last year I met KT Tunsdall and the Fun Lovin' Criminals backstage at the Skye Music Festival. Only got backstage as I was working there as a security officer lol. Got into an argument with one of the FLC... but Huey was great craic!

Also met Alyssa Bonagura a couple of years ago in Thurso - she's a fantastic singer!

And one of my neighbours apparently plays for Calley - met him at local pub but can't for the life of me remember his name!
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Ihave meet most the Caley thistle football team had drinky poos with Ian Black one night also had pic taken with Charlie Christie as i am one of Charlies Angels !!!!ohhh and my son when he goes to respite his carers live next door to one of the ICT players !!!

Lol. They seem to get everywhere, don't they?
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Default famous?

This is the most pathetic thread I have ever encountered.
    It is verging on the cult of celebrity. I expect there will be an oubreak of head shaving on the Org. Or multiple applications to remove African babies from the land of their birth to be installed as trophies in Beverley Hills somewhere.
    I have met NOBODY famous. And if I did I wouldn't boast about it.
    As far as I am concerned it makes no difference my having met the famous blues player Lonnie Johnson, or Jimmy Page, or Muhammed Ali or the Rolling Stones. ALthough I have met all these people. But I don't brag about it.
    Listen up, Caithness, in your own, ever-so-humble way you are all celebrities.
    Now excuse me please, I have to revise my notes on the Al Gore interview...
    Richard Sutherland

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Now excuse me please, I have to revise my notes on the Al Gore interview...
    Excuse me rich, who is Al Gore?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Excuse me rich, who is Al Gore?
    I think he teamed up with a guy called Tex & made waterproof clothing

Ive met and made a cuppa for status quo, even though i was to young to know who they were. lol Ive met una stubbs, (worzil gummage`s wife aunt sally ) Roger moore, the saint and bonny prince charlie when he came to lybster . jan x
    computer says no ........

Matt Busby once asked me to 'please move my car'
    It wasn't mine & I told him so, respectfully.
    Not a bad feat for a City fan.
    RIP Sir Matt - one of football's gentlemen.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

I met Roy "wish it could be Xmas everyday" Wood. Coming off stage in Norfolk

shared the stage with George "Abilene" Hamilton IV

Had a good craic with Chris "bassist of the Byrds" Hillman & Herb Pederson who played with the Dillingers, & also was muso partners with Gerry Garcia

Lesley Riddoch.................my radio hero

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Pathetic as you think the thread may be, methinks it's just a bit of fun. But anyway I do like your contribution!!!

I'm away to be a socialite now, dah-lin'!

Oh I think I'd rather be a regular nonentity than a 'humble celebrity' which strikes me is an oxymoron and might suggest failure in one chosen field. I'm down here in the gutter, but surveying the stars. The astral variety of course as most of the others - dead Beatles aside - simply do not interest me.

I think this thread - far from being 'pathetic' is a whimsical one. Fame exists as a concept , like it or not. I should think it can be an onerous burden to bear. Though it often accompanies wealth, I would much rather have the wealth, without any attendant 'fame'. I'll probably go my grave with neither but I'm resigned to it.

Laugh a minute am I not?

when i used to live down in england i met giant haystacks(you know the big fat wrestler)
    ............................AHOY HOY........................

SNOWDOG Guest

I once met Kenneth Branagh, Jeremy Irons and Philip Schofield all at the same bash and i couldnt believe how peedie they were, and im not that tall myself. They say TV puts 10 pounds on you, i think it must add a foot in height as well!

I've met Prince Charles, The Krankies and Matthew Pincent & Steve Redgrave.
    Plus I snogged a Radio 1 DJ - Craig Strong! (I was but 16 years old) Thats it I think!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456