Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: super fish & chips

Thumbs down

Was quite looking forward to my fish supper tonight but he didn't turn up! Supposed to have been at Ormlie from 4pm - 8pm, went there at 5 and he was nowhere to be seen. About 3 or 4 weeks ago we went at 7.30 and he was all closed up ~ not very reliable service.

hes not out this week normal service next week

The owner admitted four infringements, and yes they were minor ones, but the onus is on vendor to ensure that his premises, or van in this case, is "fit for purpose" in selling food.
    As the inspectors issued a notice it is clear that they did not think van was OK.

I reckon a lot of startups would get recommendations of things to fix. The amount of red tape these days is incredible. He got the big ones right and a few minor issues needed sorted. They weren't dangerous to the public. I think you're flogging a dead horse with this one. It isn't a big issue like you either think it is or want it to be.
    Last edited by Geo; 07-May-09 at 10:55.

You might be right about flogging dead horse

Default fish & chip super

Try Hemsdale the café and shop been 6/7 times know I would say they are the best in Caithness

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    Try Hemsdale the café and shop been 6/7 times know I would say they are the best in Caithness
    Take it you mean La Mirage ~ I would second that, definately the best Fish & Chips in the North.
    (BTW avalon, Helmsdale is in Sutherlandshire )

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post

Except that Helmsdale in in Sutherland and NOT Caithness !!!!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Bit of a trek, but at least you know they will be there when you get there.

SNOWDOG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Take it you mean La Mirage ~ I would second that, definately the best Fish & Chips in the North.
    (BTW avalon, Helmsdale is in Sutherlandshire )
    Best fish supper i ever had was in Whitby, the La Mirage in Helmsdale comes a very close second!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12