Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pets dying

Quote Originally Posted by wickerinca
    You are sooo evil sb
    Oh Wickerinca, you are so cruel; you've hurt my feelings.

I love love love love love love pets, especially doggiewoggies, I just couldn't eat a whole one!!!!!!!!!!!

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

Default Pets.....

......not many blokes posting on this one I see, but for what it's worth here's my tuppence.

I've been brought up with dogs - the last one was put to sleep in the livingroom with me by his side just over a year ago. He was 9 years old. English Rough Collie (lassie dog) and a great pal. He lies at the side of my front door and I can still relate to him each time as I pass the pampas grass that will blossom above him this summer.

I polished off the best part of a good bottle of malt, not something to be proud of but it fairly drowned the sorrows and yes,....big boys do cry.

I've been reading this thread, and remembering my 15yo cross collie who had to be put down after a stroke a couple of years ago. I haven't felt able to have another dog since she died, though I am coming round to thinking aout rehoming older rescue dogs.

I also wanted to say that I have a pet memorial website at http://www.celebratingpets.thefourcorners.co.uk/ set up initially in memory of our "forum dog". Maybe a bit twee for some tastes.........but I do what I'm told. If anyone wants a page to remember their pet, just PM me and I'll give you the email address to send pics/info ...........or just email me........but I don't remember if I have allowed emails....senior moments are coming thicker and faster nowadays!

wickerinca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SweatyBetty
    Oh Wickerinca, you are so cruel; you've hurt my feelings.

I love love love love love love pets, especially doggiewoggies, I just couldn't eat a whole one!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why?!.......are you watching your weight as well

wickerinca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by weeboyagee
    ......not many blokes posting on this one I see, but for what it's worth here's my tuppence.

I've been brought up with dogs - the last one was put to sleep in the livingroom with me by his side just over a year ago. He was 9 years old. English Rough Collie (lassie dog) and a great pal. He lies at the side of my front door and I can still relate to him each time as I pass the pampas grass that will blossom above him this summer.

I polished off the best part of a good bottle of malt, not something to be proud of but it fairly drowned the sorrows and yes,....big boys do cry.
    Thanks for sharing with us WBG...and it is ok to cry............some of us find it very endearing actually!
    I polished off most of a litre bottle of Dry Martini after my Daisy was killed.......not a good idea!!

Default hey wbg

awwww weeboyagee that was so sad bout ur dog. but i'm so glad u told us cos most men r too proud 2 talk bout these things, so well dun.
    that's lovely where u buried him too.

Our beautiful friend and companian for the last 12 yrs died peacefully yesterday afternoon......We are totally gutted

RIP Princess......

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    Our beautiful friend and companian for the last 12 yrs died peacefully yesterday afternoon......We are totally gutted

RIP Princess......
    Aw, sorry to hear this phoenix You have my sympathy... I don't know what i'll do when it's one of mine..
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

krieve Guest

I am so sorry to here about your pet phoenix.

Pheonix,so sorry to hear you lost your:bestest friendont be hard on yourself its like losing a human friend only worse.
    Go your walks ,have a good greet and remember there gone in the flesh but with you always
    big hug,i.m greetin for you already.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

unicorn Guest

So sorry to hear your bad news pheonix I can only imagine how it feels.. I lost one of my rescued guinea pigs on Tuesday to pregnancy toxemia and I was gutted and only had her 2 months, 12 years is a very long time

Thanks guys I cant stop blubbering........ cuddlepop she took me for a walk last night, I did feel she was with me donw the forest, the birds was twittering and I felt her there with me. Just after she died a lovely rainbow appeared in the sky! My sister told me that on their way back from Inverness she mentioned that they saw a rainbow around about Half past three, thats when she died. Its the most awful awful feeling........never thought it would be this bad.....So sorry to hear about your guinea pig Unicorn....... this is so hard

RIP Princess......
    so sorry to hear this pheonix, its like losing one of the family....deepest sympathys

Phoenix - so sorry about Princess.....it is so hard to lose a pet. Thoughts and prayers are with you xx

Lightbulb

Your kind words and sympathy has comforted us a lot thankyou all very much! This is our princess

Lightbulb

I have a message for everyone including myself...........Dont know if any of you watch John Edwards........he always says appreciate, validate and communicate with your loved ones as you never know when you may loose them! This goes for humans as well as pets, we spend more time being concerned about material matters rather than Spirit! We spend time watching tele, sitting at the PC, sending moblie messages, wondering what new item were going to get next etc etc the list is endless! Its all become about things, everyone is so busy with all the things that dont matter that much! I know we have to live in this world but does it have to really be this way? We have to take responsibility for our thought our deeds our actions and behaviour if each and everyone one of us do that then the world will change! It has to start with the self! We have just lost a very dear friend and companion, and nothing will ever replace her.....she was and still is so very special! I went a walk a short time ago, something was telling me that this is all there is........Spirit is all there is. The grass was growing, the birds were singing, all around was spirit. The pure and simple magic of it all! That is all there is ..........Take the Time to notice it all ......Take the time and Appreciate, Validate and Communicate! The best things in Life are not Things!

I have a message for everyone including myself...........Dont know if any of you watch John Edwards........he always says appreciate, validate and communicate with your loved ones as you never know when you may loose them! This goes for humans as well as pets, we spend more time being concerned about material matters rather than Spirit! We spend time watching tele, sitting at the PC, sending moblie messages, wondering what new item were going to get next etc etc the list is endless! Its all become about things, everyone is so busy with all the things that dont matter that much! I know we have to live in this world but does it have to really be this way? We have to take responsibility for our thought our deeds our actions and behaviour if each and everyone one of us do that then the world will change! It has to start with the self! We have just lost a very dear friend and companion, and nothing will ever replace her.....she was and still is so very special! I went a walk a short time ago, something was telling me that this is all there is........Spirit is all there is. The grass was growing, the birds were singing, all around was spirit. The pure and simple magic of it all! That is all there is ..........Take the Time to notice it all ......Take the time and Appreciate, Validate and Communicate! The best things in Life are not Things!
    How very well said pheonix - I think we should all take note of your comments.

My sympathies again to all of you who have lost loved ones recently whether they be human or our near human pets.

LB

Phoenix,that was lovely.Princess was and still is a beauty of a dog.The regal way in which she's sitting does her name justice..Afriend gave me a lovely card with the words.
    Listen to the silence and let your soul catch up.
    Many a time i've done exactly that.Take comfort my fellow human being in that the world is on a presisis of enlightenment that will take us all to the next level of compassion for all things living and breathing ,we just have to let it happen.
    The solar eclipse was the start of the journey,just listen and feel.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Unhappy

Phoenix I am so very, very sorry for your sad loss. What a beautiful dog!

I know how you are feeling having been there on more occasions than I would like. Our pets are so precious and when they leave us they leave a terrible gap.

You are so right we place far too much emphasise on material things and not enough on what really matters which is the life of all creatures and the enviroment we live in.

I hope very much that you will soon be able to remember her with smiles and not tears.

She was very lucky to have had such a wonderful loving home.

Take care.

Thankyou all for your kind words!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast