Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: video plus+ help please

Default video plus+ help please

I've recently bought a video recorder that has "video plus+" (where you type in a number and the video sets all the program details and records automatically - or it's supposed to!)
    I can get the program details to show on the menu screen but it is still not recording the program it is supposed to - or even a program it's not supposed to!
    The recorder is working because it will set manually to record OK.
    The makers manual is not much help, it covers the setup in 2 or 3 steps and says nothing about sorting problems or troubleshooting.
    I'd appreciate any hints or tips on how to get this working,
    thanks in advance

jjc Guest

Can't really give you much on this one, Les... except to say that with my recorder once you've set up the Video+ program in the memory it won't record anything unless it is then switched OFF... the recorder needs to be in standby (it switches itself on) at the time the recording is supposed to start otherwise it misses the whole program.

A word of warning for when you do get it going. Watch out for those films that have an annoying break in the middle for the news. The half of the film before the news usually has a different number than the half after the news (it took me sooo long to notice that - I just thought my recorder didn't like the news!!!)

Thanks for the tip JJC,
    I'm fairly sure that it is not a major problem and I'll probably be kicking myself once I do get it working properly!

les are you in Thurso ??

it's OK "P"

I still don't know what I was doing wrong but it is working properly now.

thanks for the interest