Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Graham Beggs Wick

Thumbs down Graham Beggs Wick

We bought a Free Sat box and sky dish from Graham Beggs wick, connected it all up ( according to the instructions if you had over 50% signal that was fine!) we had 86% signal but no picture. Graham Beggs came up, took 3mins to ajdust sky dish which is at ground level and charged £45 I think that works out at £900 an hour ! What a rip off, won't be going back there again!!

We are encouraged to shop local, hmmmm I don't think so !

Beggs charge a £40 call out fee before they lift a screw driver.

did they not tell you this when you asked what the job would cost ?

Default Beggs

Beggers can't be choosers.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

You could have gone to Chessor and still be waiting for it in five weeks time.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    You could have gone to Chessor and still be waiting for it in five weeks time.

hahaha yeah i know
    then they charge you an arm and a leg
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    We bought a Free Sat box and sky dish from Graham Beggs wick, connected it all up ( according to the instructions if you had over 50% signal that was fine!) we had 86% signal but no picture. Graham Beggs came up, took 3mins to ajdust sky dish which is at ground level and charged £45 I think that works out at £900 an hour ! What a rip off, won't be going back there again!!

We are encouraged to shop local, hmmmm I don't think so !
    Thanks for that because I was going to ask them to sort out my Freeview and HDTV and was wondering what they cost. I know its not the point but did they make a difference with what they did?
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Default Callout charge

I think that most businesses charge the first hour as a call out charge.
    So what would you prefer an 86% signal and no picture or it fixed for £45?

the problem up here is that we dont have a choice of companys to go to , so the ones that are here can rip us of, and they say we should shop locally what a joke.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Default price

I think that most businesses charge the first hour as a call out charge.
    So what would you prefer an 86% signal and no picture or it fixed for £45?

I would have liked the box to do as it said and worked at 50% + (which we had) and are quite willing to pay a charge appropriate to the job. They are quick enough to give you all the patter when selling you the box !
    Last edited by candy; 16-Apr-09 at 22:13. Reason: spelling

Alacam is usually quite good with pricing. I know that someone had to get their dish re-alligned on the roof and they charged alot cheaper than chessor and graham beggs.

Mind you - I would have done it cheap as well..lol

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    the problem up here is that we dont have a choice of companys to go to , so the ones that are here can rip us of, and they say we should shop locally what a joke.
    They aren't a charity. They are a business. Are you aware of Hydro electric call out charge or Zanussi or Hotpoint?

Last time I used Hydro it was £40 call out and that was around 8 years ago.

It could be you were picking up 86% signal of a different satellite and so could not be decoded hence the no signal. I think sky charge about £60 though so in that respect you could say you got a bargain. It must be remembered that it is not just the time taken to do the job but the knowledge and tools to complete it and costs involved running a business.
    I could be wrong but I seem to recall Hotpoint were charging about £70 as standard at one point some time ago.

Was going to suggest Alacam or Moonboots. Have used both in the past, and Moonboots sorted out dad`s problem a few weeks ago.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

I would Highly Recommend Moonboots, he is very reliable and his prices are excellent. He did some work for me and I am Highly Satisfied. I would not get anyone else now to work on my TV System.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe