Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Green Beetle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Green Beetle

I'm probably the only person in Caithness who doesn't know this. Please could someone enlighten me?
    What are those little green ladybird type critters that seem to be everywhere just now? We had hundreds last year and we seem to have thousands this year. It's hard to move around this house without either standing or sitting on one.

hmmm a discription could do with a photo of the little blighter lol
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

Ah, a photo. I only once managed to actually post a photo, and it took me several days. And that was with lots of help from other Orgers. I don't think I could repeat the process, but I'll have a go tomorrow. Meanwhile the best I can do it describe it as a green ladybird. Maybe a bit smaller than a ladybird. And there are thousands of them around.
    Now, where's that camera?

I know the ones your talking about there little beetles with metallic green wings I keep seeing them outside. Their a gorgeous colour tho

will probably be a Chrysolina menthrasti; its the only bright green one i can think of that size
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

Quote Originally Posted by the_count View Post
    will probably be a Chrysolina menthrasti; its the only bright green one i can think of that size
    I've googled that and it's not the same insect. Thanks for trying anyway. S&LHEN used the word metallic to describe the beetle. I think they are talking about the same one as I am.

I've got a couple of passable photos, but just don't have time today to make another attempt at posting them.