Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boss Hogg, Tenesee Kait, Falter - The Redwood, Thurso

i'm with zebebdy totally lethal gig tongiht havnt heard music liekt hat in caithness for a long time, if at all. both tennesse kait n falter will def hav fans whenever they come up here, n well bosshogg are loved up here anyway and they showe why 2nite once again, even thru sound issues

Exclamation *hopes*

SO Dar... lol

Next gig.. WHEN ARE THEY BK>?????????

We need to change the music scene to what it is down perth way .. With the likes of BossHogg and CrimsonTide we can make Caithness a better scene to play!

Really envyed all the bands last night.. To have a band that good and do the music they love most!... Grr... * WANTS *

once again!

Well done!
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

that was total amazing last night. awesome show guys!

Thumbs up

excellent night lads all the bands played really well,the hoggs totally rocked and they even had some drunken bum singing backing vocals on one of there songs lol

Awesome gig, really enjoyed it guys. Was quite fun writing obscenities on hands as people came in!

Hey hey. Thanks to EVERYONE who came along on Saturday night. The crowd made the night for me. A fantastic audience who stayed til the bitter end.

We had a few technical issues throughout the set but think we managed to power through ok.

Again, thanks very much.

Darren Hogg

good show lads, its a shame that we couldnt get Mark to do any T Kait style acrobatics though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy
    SO Dar... lol

Really envyed all the bands last night.. To have a band that good and do the music they love most!... Grr... * WANTS *
    believe me dude u are nto the only one. we need more band sup here like boss hogg or crimson tide who actually get into thier stuff nto sjut stand up there like inanimate objects. christ i fling myself around like a when i'm practicin on my own let alone by the time i get on stage... if i ever get round to that....

Well done to all who played, attended and supported in some way. I never thought Thurso, let alone Caithness, would attract such a sizeable crowd to hear original music courtesy of local talent. I was impressed in many ways.

Boss, check out the live review in Friday's Record's live page. I might have to cover the Buzzcocks on Wednesday - which may mean having to trim a wee bit off your review - but if so, I'll email you the full un-cut version.

Again, congratulations on a great night.

I wouldn't mind seeing the full version too

Five reviews now going in this week's live page. So that means there will be definitely be a bit of trimming going on for the Boss Hogg review. Sorry dudes. But you will get something positive going in. It's your own fault for playing on a week when the Raconteurs, Graham Coxon and Fightstar are playing in Caledonia. Honestly, dinnae fret - there will be a good 100 words - well chosen ones at that - dedicated to yez. After Friday I'll send on the full uncut version.

Quote Originally Posted by scridge
    believe me dude u are nto the only one. we need more band sup here like boss hogg or crimson tide who actually get into thier stuff nto sjut stand up there like inanimate objects. christ i fling myself around like a when i'm practicin on my own let alone by the time i get on stage... if i ever get round to that....
    Just because someone doesnt throw themselves around like a when they're playing, doesnt mean they arent really enjoying, and 'getting into' the music. Each to their own etc

yeah i know that but there hav been plenty of bands aorund caithness over the years who have covered music that would inspire them to elt go an go with the music.. but i knwo what u mean, its jsut a thign i hav i like to see bands who u can see giving there all. jsut somethign that inhances a live show for me, si the bands are REALLY getin onto it and u can see it, but then thta is probably all tied into the kind aof music i liek so your right as u say each to their own

Sadly we had to chop the words off a few reviews this week, due to there being so much on. Anyway, here's the uncut version of today's Boss Hogg review.

Cheers!

BOSS HOGG ****
    THE REDWOOD, THURSO, MAR 18

Thurso rocks! No, really. The most northerly British town might be closer to Oslo than Carlisle, but it has just as much talent as any Glasgow or Edinburgh band. Take Boss Hogg here. Led by vocalist Darren McLeod and guitarist Stuart Maitland, they might look like fashion-conscious Vikings, but they hammer their guitars with as much venom as Lord Thor himself. Their hard-rocking music (Valhalla-meets-Guns-‘n’-Roses) ensured neighbours complained about the noise, but that deterred Boss Hogg little, as these big and beefy teuchters thoroughly entertained their loyal legion of head-banging, cattle dealing fans. City promoters – please cajole these four porkers out of Caithness. You won’t be disappointed.

linesix Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Plastic_Food
    Just because someone doesnt throw themselves around like a when they're playing, doesnt mean they arent really enjoying, and 'getting into' the music. Each to their own etc

Completely agree with that. To me - personally - music first, stage show second. Nothing annoys me more when you see a bunch o twats putting more effort and concentration into their stage show and hitting wrong notes here there and everywhere.

Ofcourse that certainly wasnt an issue with the BHogg gig ... it was ace, not a duff note from any of the bands, and they felt their music,which = rocking-out in each band members' own way!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12