Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Britain’s Got Talent (merged threads)

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    She's got a great voice, I like her choice of music. She's single-I'm single........watch this space.

Susan Boyle run for your life!

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    As for her "look" a new haircut, eyebrows plucked and a bit of styling will do the trick, she has hardly any wrinkles and a pretty smile and whilst not skinny she has a neat enough figure. We arent talking plastic surgery here.

So how does britains got talent work then? Whats the next step then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporran View Post
    I agree. I would definitely start with the eyebrows (my tweezers are are twitching, lol!) Some light makeup, an updated hairdo, more fashionable and colourful clothes, and I think we would see quite a transformation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Sporran, I certainly agree with you and Squidge...just a bit of smartening up would make an huge difference, and I'm sure Susan would enjoy it, too! But I would urge only the basic essentials, as too much 'glamourising' wouldn't suit her at all.
    What's more important here - how she looks or how she sings?

All the clamour for a make-over just shows us judgementalists for what we are. Shallow.

Did Mama Cass have to have a make-over? Or Janis Joplin or Maggie Bell?
    Montserrat Caballé, anyone?

Just let the woman sing.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post

What's more important here - how she looks or how she sings?

All the clamour for a make-over just shows us judgementalists for what we are. Shallow.

Did Mama Cass have to have a make-over? Or Janis Joplin or Maggie Bell?
    Montserrat Caballé, anyone?

Just let the woman sing.
    Dear Mr Metal,

I hope you're not calling Squidge, Elenna and myself shallow! We're not suggesting a major makeover - just a little tweaking! You're right that how she sings is more important than how she looks. But let's face it, a little help from Trinny and Susannah hasn't hurt anyone yet!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

That was one heck of a thread Gronnuck,thanks for it an well done.

I'm with Metalattak on this one. There seems to be some confusion over the difference between glamour and talent here.....

Why is everyone so keen to judge on image? I couldn't care less if a singer is the same size and features of a Silverback gorilla, I want to listen to them and watch their performance, not sit there commenting on their appearance.

Trinny and Susannah?....Jeeves, release the leopards immediately!

I watched BGT last Saturday - it was priceless to see the judges faces when she began to sing. Susan's voice is brilliant. I can't wait to hear more from her. Re the restyling her - I hope they leave her more or less as she is...after all she is who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporran View Post
    I hope you're not calling Squidge, Elenna and myself shallow!

I guess if the cap fits lol.....

i wasnt suggesting "glamourising" her just opening her lovely face up and making the best of what she has. AS for trinny and susannah eeeeeeeeeeeeek i think they would scare her to death - they do me!

If people love her voice they will buy her music no matter what she looks like.I have listened to her singing a few times now and her appearance hasnt put me off listening.Her singing really is amazing!

Why do people want to change someone into something that they are not. I think she's lovely as she is. I am totally mesmerized by her. Susan Boyle is Susan Boyle and I would think that she would be thoroughly uncomfortable with a makeover but maybe I'm wrong.......being your natural self in my eyes is far more important...........it's what's in the package that counts not the packaging and she appears to have done pretty well for herself since Saturday night without having any major changes to her appearance! The ones who are irked by her appearance should only listen to her and and not watch.....or maybe try putting a paper bag over your head or something and visualize her as you think she should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Nvidi4 View Post
    Why do people want to change someone into something that they are not. I think she's lovely as she is. I am totally mesmerized by her. Susan Boyle is Susan Boyle and I would think that she would be thoroughly uncomfortable with a makeover but maybe I'm wrong.......being your natural self in my eyes is far more important...........it's what's in the package that counts not the packaging and she appears to have done pretty well for herself since Saturday night without having any major changes to her appearance! The ones who are irked by her appearance should only listen to her and and not watch.....or maybe try putting a paper bag over your head or something and visualize her as you think she should be!
    Maybe some of those critical of her looks ought to take a very long hard look in a mirror occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Maybe some of those critical of her looks ought to take a very long hard look in a mirror occasionally.

Lol how do you think i know what a difference plucking her eyebrows will make!!!!!

Default Caithness beauties...

"Oooh, she needs a bit of a makeover, bless her" quoth Mr & Mrs .Org......

Default Amazing

Just watched Susan Boyle on you-tube I thought she was truly amazing made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, by her audition I think she is a right character and hope her becoming famous(which she will) doesn't change that, well done Susan you were brilliant(she might visit the org)
    Families are like fudge,mostly sweet with a few nuts

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Aye I think so there was not a tattoed eyebrow in sight, no bottox/buttox whatever the word is, no breast implants, more than likely no waxings, no hair extensions........all completely unspoiled and natural........just like a breath of fresh air! You could almost see in Simon Cowell's expression at one point that he thought it was a refreshing change from all the made up artificial wannabees!

This charity one of hers is just as good.if not better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owNnTRWzh4A&NR=1

i am still no wiser as to what happens next in this show. Will we see her again, how does she "get through" Can someone explain it to me. I d like to watch her even if she doesnt decide to pluck her eyebrows

hi squidge yes we will see susan again but not until round 2 which will be a few weeks yet i think

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    i am still no wiser as to what happens next in this show. Will we see her again, how does she "get through" Can someone explain it to me. I d like to watch her even if she doesnt decide to pluck her eyebrows
    If you want to see talentless bimbos with plucked eyebrows, fake tans, fake everything else, (That's just David Hasselhoff), then watch repeats of baywatch. If you want to listen to a beautiful singer then Susan Boyle's your woman.

Lets see TBH... talentless bimbos??? thats why i dont watch the programme in the first place. Thats how come i dont know how it works. These programmes always make me feel like they are designed to encourage us to laugh at others and thats why i dont like it.

Susan Boyle however has caught my imagination for her natural talent and her artlessness. I havent suggested she would look better with an extreme makeover - crikey I dont care what she looks like, I responded to a post about her image during which i made the a light hearted suggestion that she would benefit from her eyebrows plucked and a new hairdo! Most women benefit from their eyebrows plucked and a new hairdo. I think i mentioned this would make the most of her lovely smile and her crease free face. She is a breath of fresh air and I am looking forward to following her progress.

One post has been removed here already because of the "jump down your throat brigade" for goodness sake is it a full moon tonight?

Now - im off to get my hair done and my eyebrows plucked - shallow old cow that i am

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    This charity one of hers is just as good.if not better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owNnTRWzh4A&NR=1
    You're right Oddquine it was a track on a CD released by Whitbun Community Council as part of the millenium celebrations in 1999. Details at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8004712.stm It seems Susan has gone global with another hit on You Tube! Good on her!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast