Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Britain’s Got Talent (merged threads)

Quote Originally Posted by lynne duncan View Post
    took my breath away, how i wish i could sing..
    i bet there is a budding singing diva just waiting to get out lynne lol
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

I had the priviledge of meeting Susan Boyle about eleven years ago in Livingston at a talent contest. That night she sang "Whistle down the wind" and it was amazing. Whether she wins the contest or not she should be snapped up for an album and the chance to be in a musical, after all there are parts for older ladies too. Reefing is not as easy as finding a good deal on Prouds Catalogue.

I have sent her a good luck card with the comment she has the voice of an angel.

Have bookmarked the link to keep us going until the album.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Susan and Flawless were brilliant, and this is only the first show, what more talent might be uncovered..I would hate to have to be a judge...

i really liked flawless.......but then i googled them.
    "Flawless began there journey as a dance group in Feb 2005 and since then have gone from being the UK’s top Street Dance Champions, to International in just one year and most recently crowned World Hip Hop Dance Champions in 2006 by the IDO in Bremen (Germany) coming out 1st place and also the first group to get full marks from all the World Judges in Hip Hop Dance History.
    Flawless continue to appear and work in Music videos for MTV and on Big Screen, some of the stars Flawless have worked with are Madonna, Beyonce, Amerie, Victoria Beckham and many more to mention."
    so im sorry but as much as i love them.......in my eyes they are already established, they should let someone else have their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporran View Post
    Susan Boyle may not be a bonnie woman, but what a beautiful voice! I hope she goes a long way with it. She looks older than 47, but that's partly due to her dowdy image. With a makeover, she might look quite different.

I wish her the best of luck, and I hope her dream does come true. Guid on ye, wifie!
    i agree i thought she was great and hopefully with some styling she will come into her own well done x

Susan Boyle was just brilliant when she started to sing and proved them all wrong.

As the saying goes 'Never judge a book by its cover'.

this lady deserves to be bumped up , sorry if it breaks any rules

Exclamation

dinna watch it myself but oh does. she knocked the look off that fellow simon cowals face, was fair chuffed shes been twice on the main news today
    maybe she didnt have life easy and as the old saying goes beauty is only skin deep tony

I first saw that YouTube video a couple of days ago when it was linked on a US web site I browse. I was in the middle of showing to my wife that evening when I glanced at the TV, which had the sound muted - there she was on the evening news in LA. Since then I have turned on my car radio to two different radio stations to be greeted by her voice (instead of classic rock on one, and political chat on the other). This morning she was interviewed from her house on one of the US national morning shows (she can belt that song without accompaniment BTW). She is just all over the place here. She may not have the looks to be a pop star (like me, she's too old for that anyway), but I bet she could handle some Broadway work. I know Paul Potts has done well, so I can't wait to see how things turn out for her.

She's got a great voice, I like her choice of music. She's single-I'm single........watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    She's got a great voice, I like her choice of music. She's single-I'm single........watch this space.
    You wouldnt.....would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    You wouldnt.....would you?
    A fresh hairstyle and some make-up.........I'm sure I'd look presentable!!

Exclamation

[quote=mrs and mr brown;532222]wow what a voice, well goes to show dont judge a book by its cover eh!!!

and shes from bathgate,

i love bathgate, all my family are from bathgate and still live there, my lovely hubbies from bathgate and we got married in bathgate, when ever i hear or someones from bathgate i turn to mush he he he.

as far as i can gather susan boyle is from midlothian in scotland tony

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    A fresh hairstyle and some make-up.........I'm sure I'd look presentable!!
    what you mean a bit of spit and polish lol.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims View Post

I first saw that YouTube video a couple of days ago when it was linked on a US web site I browse. I was in the middle of showing to my wife that evening when I glanced at the TV, which had the sound muted - there she was on the evening news in LA. Since then I have turned on my car radio to two different radio stations to be greeted by her voice (instead of classic rock on one, and political chat on the other). This morning she was interviewed from her house on one of the US national morning shows (she can belt that song without accompaniment BTW). She is just all over the place here. She may not have the looks to be a pop star (like me, she's too old for that anyway), but I bet she could handle some Broadway work. I know Paul Potts has done well, so I can't wait to see how things turn out for her.
    I'm still moved to tears every time I watch the YouTube video. Susan Boyle truly has the voice of an angel. Beauty comes in many forms, and Susan's is in her amazing singing voice. Like Paul Potts, her looks are not to her advantage, but by gum, if he can make it, then so can she! I wish they showed "Britain's Got Talent" over here in the USA, but to my knowledge, they don't. No matter what, I think Susan is well on the way to realising her dream, and you can bet I'll be one of the first in line to buy an album by her!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Susan Boyle may not 'appear' to be pretty but, take a look again at her neat little nose and lovely smile...............in her own time she will blossom, just like the ugly duckling.
    Her voice is a gift and she will have such a wonderful future to share with us all..........I am so looking forward to the dream unfolding.

I never watch this programme but this thread made me view the you tube thingie - Fantastic and lovely to wipe smug looks off people's faces. She has the chance to achieve her dream and i hope she does. As for her "look" a new haircut, eyebrows plucked and a bit of styling will do the trick, she has hardly any wrinkles and a pretty smile and whilst not skinny she has a neat enough figure. We arent talking plastic surgery here.

So how does britains got talent work then? Whats the next step then?

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post

As for her "look" a new haircut, eyebrows plucked and a bit of styling will do the trick, she has hardly any wrinkles and a pretty smile and whilst not skinny she has a neat enough figure. We arent talking plastic surgery here.
    I agree. I would definitely start with the eyebrows (my tweezers are are twitching, lol!) Some light makeup, an updated hairdo, more fashionable and colourful clothes, and I think we would see quite a transformation!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Post removed by the author so that members of the Jump Down Your Throat Brigade cannot further intentionally misconstrue what was said.
    Last edited by Elenna; 17-Apr-09 at 16:08. Reason: feeling too ill today to deal with it
    The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast