Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Britain’s Got Talent (merged threads)

Default Britain’s Got Talent (merged threads)

I have to admit these are not the types of programs I usually watch but when I read there was to be a middle-aged woman who would wow the judges I had to watch. I remember Paul Potts about three years ago. Susan Boyle was wonderful, her undoubted courage paid off. It was good to see the audience have their preconceptions about age and appearance crushed.
    In case anyone missed her try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Default susan boyle

that was amazing...what a voice

binbob Guest

she was superb...may she do very well out of this.

i have never taken to this program, but just watched that and O.M.G what a shock she was brilliant.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Its just as well she has an amazing singing talent, because all 3 judges, and the audience, had judged her on her appearance before she started. I hope she goes on to do really well. The very best of luck to her.

That was lovely - thanks for putting that link on. It gave everyone a wake up call! What a judgemental lot we can be!

Just goes to show the saying, "never judge a book by it`s cover" is right.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

I'd expected the reaction she got from the audience as she walked out...shallow, snide and vacuous.
    If she'd been singing on the, say, Folk or Jazz circuits she would never have been judged on her looks by the audience as she walked out.

What a performance. Thankyou for posting that, I don't watch talent shows normally - but that was a class moment. If she cannot make it as a professional singer in the UK, then we really should be ashamed of ourselves. Check Prouds Catalogue.

Bravo.

Thanks for the link...what an amazing voice. She is one little lady whose life will never be the same. I will be watching good for you Susan Boyle, I think your dreams are gonna come true.

wow what a voice, well goes to show dont judge a book by its cover eh!!!

and shes from bathgate,

i love bathgate, all my family are from bathgate and still live there, my lovely hubbies from bathgate and we got married in bathgate, when ever i hear or someones from bathgate i turn to mush he he he.

thanks for putting that link on, and again WHAT A VOICE, HOPE SHE GOES FAR!!!!

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrs and mr brown View Post
    wow what a voice, well goes to show dont judge a book by its cover eh!!!

and shes from bathgate,

i love bathgate, all my family are from bathgate and still live there, my lovely hubbies from bathgate and we got married in bathgate, when ever i hear or someones from bathgate i turn to mush he he he.

thanks for putting that link on, and again WHAT A VOICE, HOPE SHE GOES FAR!!!!
    she is from blackburn,near bathgate........but hey..that makes no difference to susan and that amazing voice.

It really was a magical moment when she started to sing.

I really hope she gets the career she deserves. I fear that in this looks obsessed culture this may not be the case though?

I really loved the Greek father and son 'Irish Dancers'. They were hilarious!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

beautiful voice realy surprised wen i heard her
    live life to the full you never know when it will be taken from you !!!!!!!!!!

reckon they will work on her image as unfortunatly a lot of it is about looks and style which is wrong, but in the world we live in its a fact. but if it was down to me her voice would be more than enough, as i said amazing.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

This lady is such an amazing singer I hope she gets through to the final and wins as she deserves to.

She is a true gem, with an amazing voice.
    I may be in a minority here but I think Flawless will win.I know not everyones cup of tea but they were spectacular and the best I have ever seen.
    If it was a singing comp she should win without a shadow of a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    She is a true gem, with an amazing voice.
    I may be in a minority here but I think Flawless will win.I know not everyones cup of tea but they were spectacular and the best I have ever seen.
    If it was a singing comp she should win without a shadow of a doubt.
    I totally agree with you re Flawless.They were amazing and definitely the best dance act I have ever seen.

It's really difficult to judge who is the best when the acts are so different.
    I think Flawless will have a great future whatever happens.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

All I can say is WOW as i look at the goose pimples that i have. That was so mind blowing

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Susan Boyle may not be a bonnie woman, but what a beautiful voice! I hope she goes a long way with it. She looks older than 47, but that's partly due to her dowdy image. With a makeover, she might look quite different.

I wish her the best of luck, and I hope her dream does come true. Guid on ye, wifie!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

took my breath away, how i wish i could sing..

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast