Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Britain’s Got Talent (merged threads)

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-200906011793/

Isn't a real paper you know, it is just joke ripping the mick out of Daily Mail readers.
    It's a joke, comedy, parody type thing not a real paper / news site.

Unhappy

Yes Susan Boyle did enter the competition of her own free will but it is unfair that she was hounded by the trashy press who must have put tremendous pressure on her. Also the ridiculous 'interest' by stars such as Demi Moore.

Let's not forget she is 'vulnerable' and the BGT team should have been looking after her a bit better.

Hope she gets better soon and will be able to carry on some kind of singing career but that the hype will die down.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

After reading all of the above comments, I come away believing all of you were well entertained regardless of your views.

Just removed the link to the Daily Mash as Scorrie pointed out that there was a sweary word in it, I did not notice that this morning when I posted the link. MODS .. I apologise and did not realise that at the time, more scrutiny for links will be applied in future.

As for the "Poor Susan Boyle" crowd. Get a grip. She doesnt deserve one iota of sympathy, she has milked the publicity for all its worth. She applied, she kept going, she went to the final, she could have walked away at any time. I personally dont think there is anything wrong with her. Smacks of publicity desperation at the lack of a win if you ask me. Standby for the OK "exclusive", If it escaped your notice there were a few more people worthy of 60 seconds of your time on Saturday. They gave all they had, quite literally.

Susan Boyle ?? .. Be careful what you wish for, because sometimes you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post
    Just removed the link to the Daily Mash as Scorrie pointed out that there was a sweary word in it, I did not notice that this morning when I posted the link. MODS .. I apologise and did not realise that at the time, more scrutiny for links will be applied in future.

As for the "Poor Susan Boyle" crowd. Get a grip. She doesnt deserve one iota of sympathy, she has milked the publicity for all its worth. She applied, she kept going, she went to the final, she could have walked away at any time. I personally dont think there is anything wrong with her. Smacks of publicity desperation at the lack of a win if you ask me. Standby for the OK "exclusive", If it escaped your notice there were a few more people worthy of 60 seconds of your time on Saturday. They gave all they had, quite literally.

Susan Boyle ?? .. Be careful what you wish for, because sometimes you get it.
    well said gene, agree with you 100%, but i better be careful what i say big brother is watching. everyone harps on about how she has "special needs" but i have never looked at her like that. i wonder now if she will pull out of the live tour that starts this month, if she cant handle 7 weeks publicity how on earth is she going to handle everytihng else that is going to come her way.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

The hunt is on it seems, the hunt to bring old SuBo down like a wounded bear because her success hurts them so badly they are knotted up inside with jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    The hunt is on it seems, the hunt to bring old SuBo down like a wounded bear because her success hurts them so badly they are knotted up inside with jealousy.
    Yeah right ..

Stress and Exhaustion ?? .. work a twelve hour shift at Heathrow Approach and then talk to me about it. Wonder how much sympathy I would get for putting myself in that situation ?? .. I wonder. As for success, second place is the first of the losers. Boo Foxtrot Hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post
    Yeah right ..

Stress and Exhaustion ?? .. work a twelve hour shift at Heathrow Approach and then talk to me about it. Wonder how much sympathy I would get for putting myself in that situation ?? .. I wonder. As for success, second place is the first of the losers. Boo Foxtrot Hoo.
    I am sure you would swap your stresses for her's, especially with the carrot on a stick valued at a potential £8M. Green is definitely your colour.

Default Susan

Mr's M has had a boil sprout out on the back of her neck.

We where going to name it Lance, but decided on Susan, out of respect.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Should be called 'The Daily Trash'.....what a disgusting piece of 'journalism'
    Susan Boyle is limited in her capacity to understand life, never mind the whirlwind she has been caught up in which would see anyone losing it.
    She should have had people around her to protect her from the start and she most certainly should not be mocked or condemned.
    When the worlds over reaction first began Simon Cowell etc should have stepped in making sure this susceptable lady, was in no way exposed to the pressure that has now led to her present situation.
    On a positive...she will now be given the care and support within the Priory Clinic and hopefully she will come through and continue her singing in a way and environment that is good for her.

Thanks for that post Teenybash,it's nice to know there is folkies out there with a heart.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    SuBo has been on the Oprah and Larry King shows, already she has eclipsed Sampson. It's been forecast that she will make 8M shekel by next year whilst Sampson will be lucky to be the guest "Star" at the next opening of a burger king.
    I heard she will be doing a tour of the Highlands, starting with Dunain house and ending up god knows where!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    I heard she will be doing a tour of the Highlands, starting with Dunain house and ending up god knows where!!!!!
    oh you are bad.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    oh you are bad.
    But you love me reallyl!!!!!

But you love me reallyl!!!!!
    coming out with crack lek at who couldnt lol.

Alternative way of looking at it.

I find it slightly ironic and basically hilarious that the fans of the show, those who fed the demand for this garbage are now the ones complaining about Susan Boyles treatment. I have only seen one episode and that was because I was at a friends house and they wouldnt turn it off, even after I offered cash. Its car crash tv at its worst.

If you followed this programme, if you voted, if you wait with baited breath for the next edition of OK magazine to find out the latest inane drivel about these bunch of nobodies then the hard fact is that you are responsible in a small way for Susan ending up in this state. Because you fed the demand, and without that there would be no show. How many times have we heard people say they only watch it to see the weirdos ??, and yet I am apparenty the one that "has no heart" .. erm .. no. Just no.

What is REALLY funny is that these people are the first in line to criticise people like me who openly say they have no smypathy for her. Hard hearted I may be on this subject, no argument from me there as I believe she got herself into the situation. End of. But as someone who would rather perform a root canal on myself than watch 60 seconds of this drivel I am hardly responsible in any way for that womans condition.

So to all the self righteous .. chew on that before you climb onto your soap box.

Thats a shame, Subo was like a fish out of water or a sitting duck for the media- they built her up as per normal & now she will be knocked to pieces & her confidence shattered but someone should have prevented her from doing the show to stop this.

I thought her voice was okay but not Brilliant as some would have you believe, good luck to her if she makes a career out of it & some money- she might even get a boyfriend- A perfect xchance for all those gold diggers out there to capitalise.

Shame
    Cmey e Scorries

Why would she be starting with Dunain House?

Everytime Susan was on the show my husband and I thought she looked and acted like she was a tad.............er............ wired???!!!! Sandwich short of a picnic? Not the full loaf?

We both thought she acted really strange on Saturday night so weren't suprised by her "breakdown".

My sympathies go to the winners. Now what was their names??????? Ah yes, Diversity.
    All the press and TV has shoved the winners aside to take up on the Susan Boyle story. It always was going to be the Susan Boyle show one way or another. She doesn't even need to win to get the publicity spotlight, she just needs to have a tantrum cos she's worried she won't get a record deal now! Poor Lamb!
    Exhaustion Blah! Tantrum more like it. Plus she's just plain scary.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

I think some people here are being rather harsh in their criticisms of Susan Boyle. I think she's a very special person, and I wish her all the best. Yes, she entered the BGT contest of her own free will, but there's no way she could have anticipated the extraordinary media attention - good and bad. What she has gone through is enough to give anyone a nervous breakdown! I hope she will recover soon, and go on to have the successful singing career that she has dreamed about. I also wish the media circus would leave the poor woman alone, and let her get on with it!!!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

I think Susan Boyle rocks and should be given a "special" place on The Royal Variety show alongside Diversity seeing as she is after all a very "special" lady. Im sure the Queen and other members of the Royal Family would love to see her .....I did read somewhere that Prince Charles was a fan of hers! Get well soon Susan and don't let the negative ones get to you! There's nothing wrong with her but there's a lot wrong with the ones who criticise and make so-called "wise" cracks...makes me wonder who is the more "handicapped" ....where's the compassion!!!!!!!