Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Britain’s Got Talent (merged threads)

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Yip he has been busy doing alot more than what someone has put on wikipedia.

Source(The Times 17th May 2009):"He has just returned from the States, where he appeared on Oprah Winfrey’s show — an achievement of which few other UK talent-show winners can boast — and he was very well received."

Source(the times):"Straight after the tearful reprise of his winning rain-drenched Singin’ in the Rain routine on finals night a year ago, he was whisked into a nationwide Britain’s Got Talent tour, then immediately into the West End for a month, starring in the break-dance musical Into the Hoods. In November he began work on an online television show, the brainchild of the social-networking site Bebo and Simon Cowell, George’s new patron, who had signed him to his record label. A single followed, and then a hugely popular dance DVD in December."

If thats failure then I would hate to see what you would describe as success!!!!!!
    SuBo has been on the Oprah and Larry King shows, already she has eclipsed Sampson. It's been forecast that she will make 8M shekel by next year whilst Sampson will be lucky to be the guest "Star" at the next opening of a burger king.
    Last edited by TBH; 31-May-09 at 23:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I thought I was being hard when Holly annoyed me but glad I'm not the only one.
    Methinks she has a pushy mother!
    me too liz she camw across as a spoilet brat maybe that sounds awful but the way i think x

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    this mayby why the x factor doesnt allow anyone under the age of 14 to enter. if she couldnt handle singing in the semi final could you imagine her, sining if she knew the queen was watching.
    Yes maybe the age limit should be raised to 14. Mind you a lot of the adults seemed to act their shoe size rather than their age!
    Even wee Aiden (can't remember if that it is the correct spelling)was upset when Simon said he wasn't so good.
    Why does everyone only want a good comment from Simon Cowell? It doesn't matter whether Piers and Amanda said they were great if Simon didn't like them it seems.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Quote Originally Posted by purplelady View Post
    me too liz she camw across as a spoilet brat maybe that sounds awful but the way i think x
    oh glad you said that, thought i would end uip getting more grief if i said that i didnt think she was that good to be honest.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Ha ha. Think quite a few folk agree.

these 2 should have won though, just genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovgXSYTtUNw
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

oh glad you said that, thought i would end uip getting more grief if i said that i didnt think she was that good to be honest.
    Yes I was afraid of saying this as well so glad I am not alone in thinking it.

these 2 should have won though, just genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovgXSYTtUNw
    Yes they are absolutely brilliant and a real tonic.

I have kept the recording so I can watch them again and again.

She came across as a poor wee kid, one of those pushed to the limit by an over-bearing Mother who sees success for her child as a substitute for the success that she would have loved but could never attain. This kid is more to be pitied than derided i.m.h.o.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Yes I was afraid of saying this as well so glad I am not alone in thinking it.
    oh thats 3 of us going to a really hot place now lol, glad im not alone anymore lol.

can i add adaonny osmond was a child star and is still going strong and is very normal x
    I suspect the majority of child stars are 'very normal' and people only pick up on the odd few that go off the rails.

I am slightly bemused by the suggestion that we should protect wannabe child stars from their ambition and at the same time decry them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...breakdown.html

It's such a shame that after all the hype with Susan Boyle that she has now ended up being admitted to the Priory with exhaustion. Being a vulnerable adult, it has all become too much for her. Let's hope she recovers soon and carries on singing.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post

It's such a shame that after all the hype with Susan Boyle that she has now ended up being admitted to the Priory with exhaustion. Being a vulnerable adult, it has all become too much for her. Let's hope she recovers soon and carries on singing.
    Yes, lets fire up the sympathy train.

For someone who enetered a competition of her own will, kept going by her own choice and then winds up in The Priory with exhaustion. If in fact that is true and not just a bit of spin its not like it isnt her own fault at all is it ?? ..

Says it all. Or not. Just noticed a sweary word in the link. Thank you Scorrie for the heads up, I did not see that this morning when I linked.
    Last edited by Gene Hunt; 01-Jun-09 at 21:49. Reason: Link Edited.

Got to her in the end....

Britain's Got Talent's runner-up Susan Boyle has been taken to a private London clinic with exhaustion. A woman was taken voluntarily by ambulance to a clinic, police said.
    Officers were called to a London hotel on Sunday at 1800 BST to doctors assessing a woman under the Mental Health Act, Scotland Yard said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8076413.stm

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Got to her in the end....

Britain's Got Talent's runner-up Susan Boyle has been taken to a private London clinic with exhaustion. A woman was taken voluntarily by ambulance to a clinic, police said.
    Officers were called to a London hotel on Sunday at 1800 BST to doctors assessing a woman under the Mental Health Act, Scotland Yard said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8076413.stm
    I see that pathetic excuse for a Prime Minister has been checking up that dear old Susie is OK. I mean it's not like he has anything to worry about has he:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8076611.stm

Get on with what is left of your job mate, instead of milking someone else's limelight. Diddy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post

I am no mental health expert but it would seem to me that if a career in showbiz was leading to a mental health institute, it MIGHT be an idea to get away from it.

As I said early on regarding Susan Boyle:-

"I wish her the best of success, but ask her to bear in mind that, sometimes, the things you wish for can turn out to be different from what you had imagined. Compared to the endless media scrum that follows celebrities around, the quiet life can be a blessing. Fame and money do not ensure happiness. I think the woman may end up being turned into something that is simply not her true self."

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post

For someone who enetered a competition of her own will, kept going by her own choice and then winds up in The Priory with exhaustion. If in fact that is true and not just a bit of spin its not like it isnt her own fault at all is it ?? ..

Says it all .. http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-200906011793/
    Should be called 'The Daily Trash'.....what a disgusting piece of 'journalism'
    Susan Boyle is limited in her capacity to understand life, never mind the whirlwind she has been caught up in which would see anyone losing it.
    She should have had people around her to protect her from the start and she most certainly should not be mocked or condemned.
    When the worlds over reaction first began Simon Cowell etc should have stepped in making sure this susceptable lady, was in no way exposed to the pressure that has now led to her present situation.
    On a positive...she will now be given the care and support within the Priory Clinic and hopefully she will come through and continue her singing in a way and environment that is good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post

Says it all .. http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-200906011793/

You are all heart...............

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Should be called 'The Daily Trash'.....what a disgusting piece of 'journalism'
    Susan Boyle is limited in her capacity to understand life, never mind the whirlwind she has been caught up in which would see anyone losing it.
    She should have had people around her to protect her from the start and she most certainly should not be mocked or condemned.
    When the worlds over reaction first began Simon Cowell etc should have stepped in making sure this susceptable lady, was in no way exposed to the pressure that has now led to her present situation.
    On a positive...she will now be given the care and support within the Priory Clinic and hopefully she will come through and continue her singing in a way and environment that is good for her.
    Well said, Teenybash.
    The poor woman needs help now, not contempt.

if she wasnt capable of making these decisions for herself then, who ever helps her out should have seen what was happening and pulled her away from it all if she couldnt handle it, i wonder if she had won would she be in the clinic now, dont think so to be honest.