Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinclairs Windows or Norscot?

no it wasnt Terry, & I have dealt with Terry before & he is lovely.
    Norscot were a far superior window too & a much better guarantee.
    life may not be a party be while were here we might as well dance!!

Default sinclair windows

i would recommend sinclair windows they have the most hard working and plesant fitters and always put there customers first.i had my windows installed by billy miller and tam mulraine theyb also never left any mess the hooverd right threw my house brillant.

Default windows

Hello,we just had 10 windows,2 doors and a double french door fitted by norscot,the whole job took one week with two men and the quality of work was excellent,at the start we got prices from sinclairs as well and they were actually cheaper,but not much in it..make sure you haggle with them on price,we managed 700 pound off
    They have both been fitting windows for years so they shouldn't be much between them in quality anyway.

norscot have been fantastic with us, we're building a house and have chopped and changed what we wanted near 5 times now but they have been great, no arguements just swapped to what we asked. they we're always friendly, phoned us to keep us up to date with as and whens.
    definatly would deal with them again

Default Fenestration

I couldnt comment on the work of either company, but given our ongoing experience with cairngorm windows (four years ) I would recommend whoever you choose is a member of a nationally recognised organisation like the Glass and glazing federation.
    It wont guarantee a good job but it does afford you some form of protection.

Default windows

I would highly recommend WINDOWCRAFT. They give excellent service and quality goods. Depots in Caithness, Orkney and Inverness. Tel -Gary Dickson 01955 641336/07831630234

Default Window worries

Hiya,

We are in process of getting quotes for windows......
    Who to choose???
    Any more advice from anyone who has Sinclair or Norscot windows???

thanks
    treat others as you would want to be treated yourself

Default Norscot

Had our kit from Norscot, along with windows & doors, can't fault them they are fine, had a problem with one window & they came & fixed it no problem, very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by eezymover View Post
    I would highly recommend WINDOWCRAFT. They give excellent service and quality goods. Depots in Caithness, Orkney and Inverness. Tel -Gary Dickson 01955 641336/07831630234

Windowcraft are highly recommended by me as well, have had windows and doors fitted excellent service and nothing was to much trouble. Price was good to.

I have Norscot windows and I also have wind and at times rain coming in them.
    Our house is exposed and we have had them back and forth changing the seals and so on but still the wind and muck gets in when the wind gets up .......

I get grieff constantly from Weeboyagee that I should have used Geddes Windows ( good quality he reckons ) but the builders wanted to use Norscot and I went with them.

My friend has just had Sinclair windows fitted and the finish looks much better but thats only looks.

uv jot 2 watch sinclair windows fitted wrong window and wrong front door so he said he would take money off the final price however he went back on his word and never done this and then we get letter saying we have 2 go 2 court so think long and hard about who u are going 2 use

Angry windows

For the past 4 and a half years I have been in dispute with a double glazing company who claim to build them thougher for highland weather (!!!) hopefully the case will reach court and conclusion soon but for some reason the company that issued the court writ against us are now reluctant to meet us in court. Doesnt take much working out why they keep stalling when you see the job the two best fitters they have did. Its nice that you can see outside through the gap and it gives a very tunefull whistle when the north wind blows.

My advice to anyone looking to use a double glazing company would be to get one that is registered with a nationally recognised association which in the event of problems will afford some protection. Better still get hold of a good joiner and have them install windows. Avoid credit arranged by the companies as this is probably through a third party. Either way according to Cairngorm fenestration is not a panacea (answers on a postcard please) Still Windswept

we had terrible problems with Cairngorm too, would never recommend them. Have also used Easter Ross, Norscot and Sinclairs in the past, Easter Ross were more expensive but the quality was a lot better

Cairngorm - quality seems fine however I'm dubious about workmanship and the sales pitch.

Norscot - Quality again seems fine but the customer service is suspect in my opinion, this is based on a number of factors. In certain aspects they seem very good, these being the areas that don't cost much money, however when it is an area that incurs them some cost, the fault apparently lies with us!

Sinclair Windows - Terry is a nice guy, very engaging and I have time for him, but he is a salesman!
    Go to the office / workshop on the Industrial Estate in Wick and speak to the gaffer.
    We got the right windows and doors, at the right price and were lent the tools to fit them.

My opinion - Sinclair Windows.

Thumbs up

Well we are getting new doors and windows fitted by Sinclairs Windows the first week in November.

So am very glad that they are recommended. Thanks folks. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Cairngorm took us to court for non-payment as we refused to pay for faulty windows and WE WON!!!!

Really poor customer services - beats me how they are still in business as I've never heard a good word about them (found out after we had ordered from them unfortunately).

That's why it's so helpfu to read forums like this - before you buy.

Sorry this is not helping with the Sinclairs/Norscot debate!

18 windows to replace, so did in stages got sinclairs to fit to front of house, after many calls about leaking window one year later the came and sealed around all windows, which wasnt done at the time ...... so told them i will get another company for the remaining 10 windows and 2 doors go Norscot and after a year the front door handle broke called them and they came that day, so would recommend them windows been in 8 yrs now and no problems

I think it's 6 and 2 3's between the lot of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12