Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinclairs Windows or Norscot?

Question Sinclairs Windows or Norscot?

I have now received quotes from them both and there isn't much between them.

I know they are both good but just wondered which was the 'best'?

Thanks!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I went with Norscot for my windows in 2002 and apart from a problem with one handle - which they sorted as soon as I contacted them, I have had no problems whatsoever and had great service from start to finish.

I was disappointed with Sinclair Windows service when asking for a price and wouldn't have touched them even if they were considerably cheaper. Maybe they've improved customer services since then though.

Easter Ross gave great customer service too when I asked for a price, but Norscot won on price. Easter Ross were dearest of 3, but I'd have gone with them over Sinclair windows because of their customer service.

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

I have to say though that Terry from Sinclairs Windows was very nice indeed.
    Last edited by Liz; 10-Apr-09 at 19:33.

I agree, Norscot is the one to choose.

we had sinclairs install our windows and door, and also a cut down for patio doors, they were very good, quick, and tidy! i agree terry is very good, does the best for you. we had a problem with one of our handles on a bedroom window and they came the same day since there was men in the town. very good!!

It would seem that they are both okay and wouldn't do wrong to go with either?

Default Sinclair windows

I have used this company three times now to supply and first fit three different buildings.
    They have always been efficient, friendly, easy to deal with and reasonably priced.
    I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.
    My properties are remote and very exposed, constantly battered by the elements and I have never had any problems with leaks or whistles.
    Highly recommended.

Cheers Bull. I appreciate the recommendation.

Have sent you a PM.

Thanks Margaret. x

Having had occasion to use both companies at diff times I would go back to Sinclair windows.

The quality of the windows is around the same but Sinclair win on customer care and installation.

Which ever you choose hope you will be warm and cosy
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Thumbs up

Thanks ever so much Bad Manners.

Yes anything will be an improvement on the doors and windows we have just now.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Manners View Post
    Having had occasion to use both companies at diff times I would go back to Sinclair windows.

The quality of the windows is around the same but Sinclair win on customer care and installation.

Which ever you choose hope you will be warm and cosy
    Things must have improved because the quality of windows was superior at Norscot and Cairngorm & better guarantees,when the Sinclair man came to our house all he did was slag of Norscot and Cairngorm,telling me that a window is a window,they're all the same which at the time they certainly were not,the air gap in the sinclair windows was a lot less than the other two and in general they were flimsier in cross section.
    Thats probably why they were so cheap.
    I went with Cairngorm in the end.Best guarantees at the time and they were about the same price as Norscot.This was several years ago so like i said,things must have changed.
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 11-Apr-09 at 13:24.

Oh crikey now I'm confused!

It might be a case of eetle ottle black bottle.

Default windows

I have also had both but sinclairs are far ahead of norscot for sevice still waiting for norscot to rectify problems after 9 years

Thanks Juniper. Sinclairs it is!!!

Default Windows

I have just had windows fitted by Sinclairs and cannot find any reason to fault them, the quality was good, price slightly cheaper than Norscot, a lot cheaper than Easter Ross, Cairngorm and Trappers. The windows were also fitted with self cleaning glass which work a treat after they have become activated which is about 3 or 4 days after installation and assuming there is rain within that period as well. The windows were fitted by Colin Sutherland and Don Sutherland who said from the outset that the windows would take a fotrnight to fit and that is what they took. I selected the mahogany upvc frames with top swing style, mahagony faced MDF for the ingoes and mahogany facings. These were all fitted to a very high standard as I am very pernickety when work is done for me. When I was self employed I worked to the same ethos and any work I did for people would be to the same standard which I would expect as if the work was for myself. I did not have double standards, work for other people would have to be of a similar standard as for myself. The ingoes and facings were rubbed down, given a coat of medium mahogany stain, the nail holes filled with the appropriate cloour of wax crayon or wax crayons which would be mixed to give the correct shade, being practically indistinguishable from the surrounding wood.The ingoes and facings would then be rubbed down lightly again using a 600 grade wet and dry paper before giving them another coat of medium mahogany stain.
    Once the stain was dried sufficiently a Briwax Original wax polish in a Spanish Mahogany finish was applied using 0000 steel wool to the ingoes and facings. When this was dried everything was buffed up to give a beautiful very smooth lustre finish. A lot of work is required to achieve this finish but one I think is well worth the effort that has been achieved. To get reasonable results it is the amount of work put in to the preparation of the wood and to the finish you wish to achieve gives rise to the final result. No matter what finishing materials you use it is the preparity work which ultimately signifies the final finish. Spending more time on the preparity work should mean less work on the finishing works to achieve the desired effect.

Many thanks indeed for such a great review.

I am glad that you are happy with your new windows and they sound lovely.

we used Norscot, we asked both for a price Norscot were very professional & Geoffrey was lovely. Sinclairs on the other hand gave me a price for each individual window & when I asked for a price of them all together he told me I could work that out for myself! I found them very rude! they were cheaper than Norscot but I prefer to deal with someone with a better customer service.Norscot were brilliant even when we had a bit of a mishap with the door they came & collected it & repaired it within a week.
    life may not be a party be while were here we might as well dance!!

I take it that it wasn't Terry Clarke you spoke to Brie?

He was ever so nice and helpful (as indeed was Norscot)and wouldn't hesitate to deal with Sinclairs Windows as long as he is their representative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast