Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was the first movie ye saw at the pictures?

The first film I can remember seeing was Mary Poppins at Saturday morning cinema in the Princes Picture House in Glasgow. Me and my sister used to go every saturday morning with thrupence to get in and thrupence for a bar of McGowans Toffee (by the way, for you young uns thrupence was about one and a half pence) Those were the days, you get very little change out of £30 now when two of you go to the flicks!
    I still miss my ex...but my aim is getting better every day and the next time I'll get a clean shot.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I honestly can't remember, i remember going to see 'The Fox And The Hound' and 'Condorman' at the Pavillion in Wick, they were released in 1981, i may have been to earlier movies than those, but i can't recall as i was only 10yrs old in 1981.
    My first one was Spiderman with Condorman as the B-movie circa 1981. I wanted to be Condorman for years after that!

The first one i seen was down in England it was The Brady Bunch
    A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time.

The 1st ones that i can Just remember are Jungle book & Star wars.. Think i saw Jungle book first but i canna mind right coz it was so long ago!

The King and I with Yul Brynner. I was 5 years old and got really upset about him shouting at Anna all the time. He scared hell out of me. My mum took me - she thought she was giving me a real treat and she felt really guilty when she realised I was scared.

I think it was the Lion King at La Scala when I was just knee-high to a grasshopper. lol... I kinda miss La Scala - the way we used to que up the street and then some in the pouring rain.
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12