Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Screensaver

Default Screensaver

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what I would need to make one of those screensavers that flip through photos?
    I'm not sure how to go about doing it.

Cheers
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Doing missionary work in Northern England

Try Webshots.
    Free program download.
    Create your own screensaver with your own uploaded pictures or choose from the hundreds of thousands on the Webshots domain.

www.webshots.com

OK, I'm presuming you're using Windows Xp.

Right-click on your Desktop, and select 'Properties'.

Select the 'Screensaver' tab at the top, and in the 'Screensaver' drop-down, choose 'My Pictures Slideshow'

The click on the 'Settings' button and turn off the 'Use transitional effects...' option - unless of course you'd prefer to use transitional effects. .

Here you can also choose which folder to use the images from - it's set by default to your My Pictures folder.

If you want to use another folder, copy and paste your preferred images into that folder, and then only they will be used.

Hope that explains more than it confuses.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    ...If you want to use another folder, copy and paste your preferred images into that folder, and then only they will be used...
    LOL and having been on the receiving end of a picture screensaver which I REALLY didn't want to see, please can I urge anyone doing this to be very careful what pictures / picture folders they include

Tell us more!!!