Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BYE BYE

Default BYE BYE

Absolutely delighted to have left Caithness. It has been the worst years of my life living in such a hell hole. I wouldn't send my worst enemy there.

jjc Guest

Yawn!!!

Gallacher Guest

Good do not come back !

Thats you in good company with Robert Louis Stephenson then.

Mr Sensitive Guest

Default Goodnight Deacon!

Goodnight Deacon!

You were a good man
    Deacon
    Everyone loves you
    Now you're gone

Where are you gone, kid? You must be near because I can hear you sing your final song.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallacher
    Good do not come back !
    No fear of that happening.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Sailed away in a ship called dignity
    tra la la tra la la

Well its not nice to hear that Caithness is bad is especially when I'm moving up in November - I won't let it put me off though..... lol

Sandra, I guess it all depends on which area you move to. Like any county, Caithness has its good areas and bad areas. I hope you're happier than deacon was, wherever you move to.

pity he didn't take Lorraine Mann with him, then we would all be happy

jjc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by squidge
    Sailed away in a ship called dignity
    tra la la tra la la
    I'm pretty sure that dignity sailed away without him aboard a long time ago - around day two of that daft countdown he had going is my guess

Default good luck

I want to wish Deacon Blue and his family the best of luck.
    He was obviously struggling in Caithness.
    Thats not much fun.
    He will always be welcomed back though.
    Good luck!

Default bye bye

I think there are some places where nothing ever seems to go right for you.
    COnversely there are other places where one gets lucky and has a marvellous time.
    Speaking personally, the city of Dublin is a wonderful place but I spent years of utter wretchedness there. N obody's fault really.
    But Toronto Canda has always been lucky city for me - where I've been able to take chances and have them work out.
    In theory I love Manhattan because of the jazz clubs and the galleries and the shopping. But every time I go there I get lost and infuriated by their subway system or I manage to time my visit with a smog alert. And yet I am married to a former New Yorker...
    On the other hand Chicago is one of my favourite places on the planet and Washington DC is always good - for me at any rate.
    Finally, hell on earth - anywhere in Switzerland.

Anonymous Guest

What amazes me is, these folk come up here in the first place and rob a local of a good job then do nout but moan, i hope where ever you are going Mr Blue, that the folks there are as good to you as the folks of Caithness have( prat)

Quote Originally Posted by george
    What amazes me is, these folk come up here in the first place and rob a local of a good job then do nout but moan, i hope where ever you are going Mr Blue, that the folks there are as good to you as the folks of Caithness have( prat)
    Fact of the matter is. As hard as I tried, I could not get a decent job in Caithness, so I never robbed anyone of a job. If anything, it was a case of who you know, and as for the folk of Caithness being good to us, far from it. Never thought I would experience racial harrassment as much as we did in Caithness. The last place I worked in Wick my boss made it known to me he is anti english.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Well Deacon Blue sweetie I am english too

I have lived here for six years and have never experienced any racial harrassment. As for anti english.... i dunno whether people are or are not but i find that if you take people as you find them they do the same for you. I know that the children would not say the same as me - they were picked on and teased initially, however that is mainly to do with being different and would have been just the same if their ears stuck out or they wore specs.

I am not sure i like what George wrote about robbing a local of a good job. That is very simplistic and not particularly true. Many people who have jobs here have them because they cant be filled by a local person. The skills and experience is not always available. Take chefs for instance... employers cannot fill vacancis for chefs for love nor money. They have to look outside of caithness.

I think what Rich said about places not being good for you at certain times in your life is quite true. But then a friend of mine once said to me that life is a struggle and fitting in is perhaps part of that. If you dont fit then move on and Deacon Blue is perhaps tdoing that.

jjc Guest

Hmmm... I'm English too but I’ve spent more of my life in Caithness than out…

I got a lot of grief at school for being English but in the main that was just ignorance being passed from father to son – the kind of ignorance, George, that allows people to believe that anybody can ‘rob’ a job from anybody else.

Fortunately most people came to realise (as they matured, George) that my being English was just an excuse to tease and bully me. It stopped.

Deacon, I can’t say that I’ve agreed with your constant whining about getting out of Caithness. Personally, I love the place and still think of it as home and it was irksome to hear your constant complaining. The people are among the friendliest I’ve met (with a few exceptions, obviously). True, it doesn’t matter how long you live there, unless you are born in Caithness there will always be some who see you as an ‘incomer’… but I never met anybody who actually held that against me; it was just a label. I suppose you just need to take it as being part of the landscape and learn to accept it.

That said, I do understand where you are coming from. I grew up in the place from around eight years old so it was really all I knew. I got used to the ways of some of the older, steadfast Caithnesians. I learned to accept that, although I would always be considered an ‘incomer’, the majority of people never meant any harm by the phrase. If I had come to Caithness later in life (as, I assume, you did) then I think I too would have struggled to understand that it’s just the way some of the older locals deal with the changes they have seen since Dounreay arrived… unfortunately some of the younger generations have the same attitude, but nobody listens to them anyway.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by deacon blue
    Quote Originally Posted by george

Fact of the matter is. As hard as I tried, I could not get a decent job in Caithness, so I never robbed anyone of a job. If anything, it was a case of who you know, and as for the folk of Caithness being good to us, far from it. Never thought I would experience racial harrassment as much as we did in Caithness. The last place I worked in Wick my boss made it known to me he is anti english.
    So is that why you like to Threaten folks like you just done to me in a PM some big man you are, YES Folks thats what he has done he told me "its a small world and should think twice about the guy was going to grass" Well for your in formation Mr Blue i have already let it drop, but now you mad me wish i had not. So did you not say some thing or made it public?, I feel sad for you and hope you find what you are looking for in life or in England where we all no there is no racil tention going on at all What a joke i think you should go live on ye own on an island, BYE BYE MR BLUE

Mr Sensitive Guest

Default Re: bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by rich
    I think there are some places where nothing ever seems to go right for you.
    Conversely there are other places where one gets lucky and has a marvellous time.
    ...and you can't predict a priori which will be which.

Deacon Blue was perhaps just unlucky in Caithness. I would like to join Gleeber and wish him the best of luck in his new life.

Anonymous Guest

Yes Mr Blue i wish you good luck now i no where you have gone, got a funny feeling you might get the same there behind your back, But if you do then ask your self why? is it because you are from England but what have they done thats so bad over the years?
    I know we should all live to gether in pace but try tell the world that, not just here in the UK, but try telling Iraq and all the other places through time that good old England has stick its unwanted nose in.
    Try telling all the Highlands who where killed in cold blood by the good old English Boys.
    As for the jobs, thats Englands fault again, they deprive our schools of much needed founds to teach our kids the skills of tommrow, This could go on for ever, as for racisem that to will go on for ever till one day we can all live as one.
    Once more I george Wish you and your family all the luck in the world where ever you live.
    Yours sincerely,
    George.
    PS If any one is offended by this reply,Then i am sorry, i have not set out to do so in any way what so ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast