Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: Westie free to good home

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wick
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    This is just my tuppence worth, but here goes..

    The opening post was badly worded, it came across as new baby in, dog out, I am afraid that is how I and obviously others read it.

    Rehoming is a highly emotive subject and Porshipoo did the right thing starting a new thread when this one got heated.

    Maybe in future anyone offering a dog for rehoming should just give the breed, sex and age in their post and lock the topic. Dealing with any serious enquiries by pm or by giving a phone number.
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Costa Del Wick
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Maybe this post was badly worded, but I have not hidden any information with all the reasons for rehoming with anyone that have replied to me. I simply felt that I didnt need a great big novel to begin with I only wish to discuss our situation with someone that actually cares. I should of just done as carasmam says, but no matter what was written some people cant see a genuine heartbroken situation and will always jump infor the kill!

    Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    This is just my tuppence worth, but here goes..

    The opening post was badly worded, it came across as new baby in, dog out, I am afraid that is how I and obviously others read it.

    Rehoming is a highly emotive subject and Porshipoo did the right thing starting a new thread when this one got heated.

    Maybe in future anyone offering a dog for rehoming should just give the breed, sex and age in their post and lock the topic. Dealing with any serious enquiries by pm or by giving a phone number.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Your nightmares!
    Posts
    3,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Well said Cat.Porshiepoo,who mentioned hand book-not me,you invented that.Child Safety-no one,certainly not the owner either.And to say" the dogs health problems is not even an issue" is really stupid because anyone who takes this dog or shows an interest is in it will want to know about it's health.You also say JWM has "given a quick run down of the personality of the dog".WHERE?There's nowt on here about that either!
    You said "JWM's said her dog "require's constant medication".Again WHERE?None of us have read this!
    "Right to attack"WHERE did i mention this?If anyone has "jeopardised"the rehoming of this dog it's not JWM it's YOU for all your fabricated rubbish you have been spouting.
    There is only one thing you did get right and that's that i and others who have responded to this thread are dog lover's.So you wind your neck in and stop talking rubbish and fabricating things that have just not been said by me or anyone else on this thread.Could it be that this thread has hit a nerve with you because you gave your animals away?If the cap fit's wear it,i am sure it will suit you.Go on now ,shoo,away with you!

    Hmmmm, it would appear that I owe an apology with regards to my comments on quoting your right to attack.
    Having re read the post again I can see that you did in fact not say this at all, quite the opposite in fact. So I do apologise to you for that comment.

    The rest of my comments stand however.

    I am not suggesting that this Westie is a dog on edge ready to attack any child it comes in sight of, I was simply pointing out that there are many reasons people choose to re home dogs and was asking whether your 'dog for life' attitude meant that dogs should be kept regardless.
    Obviously most people would say that if a dog is a danger to a person then re homing is the best option - those people should not then be spouting 'a dog is for life' and making people feel guilty.

    Yes I re homed 2 dogs but the reasons were correct at the time and were in the best interests of those 2 dogs. Both dogs are now very happy and contented.
    I am not sure as to what cap you are referencing that I should wear? Do we re homers now have our own 're home gang' cap? Does this somehow mark us as unkind to dogs? Should we feel guilty for doing the best by our dogs? Even if those dogs are now happier?
    A turn of phrase can be taken many ways.

    When I pointed out that the skin condition wasn't even the issue, what I meant was that the skin condition is not even a factor in the owner deciding to re home this dog. Of course prospective new owners need to know of this condition and that is why I applauded JWM for being open and honest about this in her intial post.
    Maybe her initial post wasn't detailed enough or was vague as to her reason for re homing, however, I believe the pont is that she does not have to explain herself or her reasons to anyone.
    Yes, there were many posts offering possible solutions to the reasons that JWM had put forward but there were many more accusing her of not loving her dog and just wanting to get rid of it. All those are cruel comments to someone already having to make difficult decisions.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

    http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Your nightmares!
    Posts
    3,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    This is just my tuppence worth, but here goes..

    The opening post was badly worded, it came across as new baby in, dog out, I am afraid that is how I and obviously others read it.

    Rehoming is a highly emotive subject and Porshipoo did the right thing starting a new thread when this one got heated.

    Maybe in future anyone offering a dog for rehoming should just give the breed, sex and age in their post and lock the topic. Dealing with any serious enquiries by pm or by giving a phone number.

    I think that is the most sensible idea that any of us have managed to come up with on this thread.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

    http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

  5. #65
    binbob Guest

    Default

    i am now in full possesion of all the facts.....i will not post any more here.
    i publicly apologise to JWM and am willing to help her if that is what she would like me to do.

    it is not as simple as having a new baby and wanting rid of the dog.it is very complex and she is distraught.

    i am passionate about dogs and have in the past worked tirelessly for them.

    to all who supported me against personal attack,thank u.it was appreciated.
    to the one who attacked me..u are on my ignore list forever.
    i am now going,no more to be said publicly on this subject.
    take care.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Your nightmares!
    Posts
    3,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by binbob View Post
    i am now in full possesion of all the facts.....i will not post any more here.
    i publicly apologise to JWM and am willing to help her if that is what she would like me to do.

    it is not as simple as having a new baby and wanting rid of the dog.it is very complex and she is distraught.

    i am passionate about dogs and have in the past worked tirelessly for them.

    to all who supported me against personal attack,thank u.it was appreciated.
    to the one who attacked me..u are on my ignore list forever.
    i am now going,no more to be said publicly on this subject.
    take care.
    I assume I am the one you are accusing of attacking and since I assume I am on your ignore list I can only say this here, however I'll only say it once as this thread is not the appropriate place.

    Finally you claim you are aware of the full facts of this matter. Hoo bloomin ray. It won't take back all the upset and grief your comments may have caused this owner but...............
    I'm sorry you feel that I have attacked you. I fail to see where this has happened exactly as I have only responded to your comments and your rather nasty (some would say 'attacking' pm to me.) I completely accept any opinion of me and my comments which is why I never attempt to play a victim when someone responds to them. All I ask is that others do the same.
    I accused you and others of attacking JWM and well you did. Many of you who were quick to condemn JWM never bothered to get a full grasp of the facts, you simply waded in on your high horses and accused her of allsorts.
    I am not aware of the entire story either but neither do I have to be.
    No one who uses this forum has to explain themselves to anyone else on here, accept opinion yes perhaps if the thread warrants it. However, they should not expect to be called uncaring or a bad owner simply because some cannot or do not want to grasp the entire situation.

    I hope you find the perfect home for your Westie JWM. You both deserve it.

    Take care.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

    http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

  7. #67

    Default

    Are we not all getting a wee bit judgemental here? Am sure it is a big decision to rehome a dog, must be hard enough without people who know nothing about the situation sticking their oars in!!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    wick
    Posts
    201

    Default westie

    I agree with Porshiepoo. Your comments not only put people off posting, but will contribute to animals being dumped or nipped along to the vets. Whatever you feel about this , the person is trying to find a good home for their dog. If they are not coping, surely this is the right thing to do! And as for their reasons, how quick some are to judge. Not coping with a dog after having another baby is no worse than someone trying to rehome dogs because they are getting divorced! The point here is that a poor westie is looking to be re-homed, not that the person putting up the advert deserves a grilling for what, after all are personal reasons! nor is just a fine excuse for a slanging match, which almost amounts to bullying.
    This is not the first post that has turned like this and it really puts people off the Org.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,352

    Default

    What started out as a person wanting to rehome an animal has descended into a slanging match.There are some who think they are whiter than white and feel good throwing stones at people,this in my mind is wrong.At least the person who started the thread was honest and upfront about the animal but it seems some who think they are the orgs vets and honesty police jump all over the person.It seems to be a "pack" mentality and has a very bitter taste in my mouth.Good luck at rehoming the dog with all the negative comments on here it must make it even harder.
    "he is without sin should cast the first stone"

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,070

    Default

    JWM I also hope you get your wee westie a new home and know this will be heartbreaking for you.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    [quote=porshiepoo;528640]Hmmmm, it would appear that I owe an apology with regards to my comments on quoting your right to attack.
    Having re read the post again I can see that you did in fact not say this at all, quite the opposite in fact. So I do apologise to you for that comment.

    Thankyou for the apology Porshiepoo,I would never attack anyone.Jwm i hope you find a solution to the problem.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Clyth
    Posts
    4,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    JWM needs to rehome her dog, she posted it on the org hoping to find a new forever home for it. JWM dosen't need to tell us why she needs to rehome it but she says she has thought long and hard about it and taken advice from professionals such as the vet. I feel there is no need to jump all over JWM as they started this thread to find a home for the dog not to be bullied into keeping it by other people as there are times when folk genuinely need to find a new home for a pet without being made to feel like they are being heartless. I am a pet owner and i don't know JWM but i wish them the best of luck finding it a forever home.
    Absolutely correct, Foxy. JWM needs to rehome a dog and by posting that information here it is obvious, certainly to me, that the aim is to find the dog a new home. The attitude of tearing her to shreds for doing that could well put somebody in a similar situation of posting such a request here in future.

    Perhaps those criticising her would prefer she avoided their moral indignation by doing what a lot of people do, dump a dog in the middle of nowhere and simply drive off leaving the animal to run frantically trying to catch the car up.

    JWM, why you need to rehome the dog is your business and yours alone and other people should accept that.

    Of course, JWM could always keep the dog until it bites the baby causing it serious injury and end up having to have it put down, perhaps that solution might make some posters more satisfied.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •