Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westie free to good home

Porshiepoo read my post again.Where in my post did you read that i "assume" the dog is unloved? Eh?Where?
    BINBOB,BALTO,KCI,JUSTINE,DRAGONFLY,TEENYBASH,PURPL ELADY,EDDIE,CAT,UNICORN,and myself have all given sound advice.Are we all wrong,dont think so.JWM stated on her first post she did not have enough time for the dog.On her second post it's because the dog isnt happy with the new arrival.Maybe more care and thought should have been taken by JWM when she worded her post then it might not have looked like the poor animal was being shunted off to another home when the going got tough.You only have to speak to the staff at Balmore to find out how many animals are disposed of in this way because of "changed circumstances" .
    Before i got my Westie i researched the breed and was well aware of the problems that they may bring also talked to the vet.Still got him though with the intention of keeping him for all of his life no matter what problems he may develop.
    Porshiepoo why dont you get off your high horse and stop firing accusations at people who have responded to JWMs post.What right have you to tell Binbob get a life when he was only responding to a post that was not thought out very well.He has a life and i am sure he is perfectly happy with it.And yes this is a public forum and no one has the right to attack anyone but remember that includes you too! You were very good at "going in for the attack" yourself so maybe you should practice what you preach to others .
    I will not be saying anymore on this subject so feel free to have an arguement with yourself.I have said my piece,END OF!

binbob Guest

well said..and i am she...and i love my life..most of the time.thanks ,butterfly.

Crikey I think there is some unnecessary 'nastiness' on this thread.

Those who replied to JWM initially were only concerned for the dog and the reasons given at first were not enough to justify the poor dog being rehomed.

I am well aware that there are many genuine reasons why pets are rehomed and it is often better for them that they are.

However, there are far too many pets being rehomed, put into care etc just because their owners can't be bothered with them any more. Also there are those who get a pet on a 'whim' and do not understand the work involved.

See my post 'Warning. This will make you cry'.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    if you dont want peoples opinions, then dont post it on here, there are lots of pet lovers here who are going to give you there thoughts, at most are the same thinking. why in the 1st post you said you didnt have time for him, yet in this one the poor thing isnt coping with your new baby, well have you given him a chance, my dog didnt take to kindly to my 3 year old at the start but we gave him the chance now he is fine.
    Thank goodness for common sense lol!

[quote=Liz;528248]Crikey I think there is some unnecessary 'nastiness' on this thread.

Those who replied to JWM initially were only concerned for the dog and the reasons given at first were not enough to justify the poor dog being rehomed.

Thankyou,you obviously read it the same way we did!

You miss the point.
    JWM does not have to justify her reason for re homing this dog to anyone on here, nor should she have to accept that in advertising it on here she will be subject to such an attack as was issued almost immediately.

There were many many people who's first reaction was to accuse her of nothing short of not loving her dog enough to keep it. I merely pointed out that she loves her dog enough to re home it when the necessity has arisen.

Should you all need to verbally attack someone who does something that goes so against your principles maybe you should stop and think first.
    Do you not think that someone who has owned a dog for 4 years, has medicated it for the time needed, walked it every day, fed it, loved it, intigrated it into a new family etc has not asked herself the very same questions you all have? Do you honestly believe that re homing a dog is that easy?

BinBob, you now appear to be playing the role of a poor, bullied victim. Woe is you, you are so upset that anyone might say the truth to you. But please remember that my pm to you was in response to the rather childish, ignorant and nasty one that you sent me first. Do not dish out opinions that you are not willing to receive in return.
    Opinions are one thing, what has happened here is entirely another.

Butterfly, get over yourself. Yes, you researched the breed, good for you. How do you know that JWM didn't? Have you asked? Have any of you asked? Anything|???
    While you were researching this breed what did the handbook say about what to do if your circumstances change to the point that you can no longer care for the dog? Or what to do if in the dogs best interests it would be kinder to rehome it, or in the interests of the child it would be best to re home it? What should you do if you've tried everything for a long time but still the situation is worsening or at least not improving??? And tell me O wise one what should a person do if a childs safety is a concern???
    The dogs health problems are not even the issue in this re homing case anyway. JWM has given a quick run down of the personality of the dog and has offered up front to any prospective interest that the dog has a health condition that requires constant medication. Most of us would call that responsible dog ownership!
    But you all have decided that this is the main reason for its re homing and lynched the poor woman.
    You mention a right to attack! Seriously??? You believe that you have a right to attack?? That says alot more about your personality than it does anything else.

I would have to say again, this thread required no opinion. It's an advert for re homing a dog. If you all feel the need to mull over your opinions of what constitutes responsible dog ownership then start a new thread and go for it.
    But what you need to consider is that your attack on JWM and her re homing issue could very well jeopordise this Westie finding the perfect forever home.
    But you just carry on telling yourselves that you're dog lovers and that dogs come first. Say it long enough and loud enough and you might just convince yourselves.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Porshiepoo - I was one of the first to reply to this thread. Are you accusing me of verbally attacking JWM?

I offered a link to another post on the forum, thinking it may help JWM, and that was my only intention.
    You are accusing everyone of attacking and lynching JWM, which is a bit unfair, as I don't think that was everyone's intention.
    Can I just point out that the very first post did say that JWM did not have time for the dog anymore, which is the part we were replying to.

On this forum, we see so many threads about rehoming animals, and people who have been involved in animal charities will know how devastating this is. Some of us just wanted to offer some help/advice/suggestions to see if we could help in any way.

I think posts like these will always end in a debate, as it is such an emotional subject, so I suppose we should all try to find a way to accept other people's opinions.

Anyway, I hope this works out for the wee dog and for JWM, whatever the outcome.

JWM needs to rehome her dog, she posted it on the org hoping to find a new forever home for it. JWM dosen't need to tell us why she needs to rehome it but she says she has thought long and hard about it and taken advice from professionals such as the vet. I feel there is no need to jump all over JWM as they started this thread to find a home for the dog not to be bullied into keeping it by other people as there are times when folk genuinely need to find a new home for a pet without being made to feel like they are being heartless. I am a pet owner and i don't know JWM but i wish them the best of luck finding it a forever home.

Quote Originally Posted by KCI View Post
    Porshiepoo - I was one of the first to reply to this thread. Are you accusing me of verbally attacking JWM?

I offered a link to another post on the forum, thinking it may help JWM, and that was my only intention.
    You are accusing everyone of attacking and lynching JWM, which is a bit unfair, as I don't think that was everyone's intention.
    Can I just point out that the very first post did say that JWM did not have time for the dog anymore, which is the part we were replying to.

On this forum, we see so many threads about rehoming animals, and people who have been involved in animal charities will know how devastating this is. Some of us just wanted to offer some help/advice/suggestions to see if we could help in any way.

I think posts like these will always end in a debate, as it is such an emotional subject, so I suppose we should all try to find a way to accept other people's opinions.

Anyway, I hope this works out for the wee dog and for JWM, whatever the outcome.

It's the condescending way that you and others have suggested that JWM is trying to "Get Rid" (your words not mine) of their family pet because it's somehow in the way.

Why does advice have to be so negative? Why even give the advice? JWM did not ask for anyones advice or opinion, she simply wanted to look for a loving home for her dog. But the vultures are never very far away and are just ready to pounce of fresh pickings.

You all dish out your harsh opinions on those who choose to re home but one day your nasty opinions will be the direct result of an animal being left in a situation that is not healthy for it and that animal suffering. (Not this particular instance)
    Heaven knows how many people have come on here to do what is best for their pet, have received verbal Diarrhoea from forum members and are now struggling with pets as they changed their mind through guilt.
    How can any dog lover believe that that is what is best for the dog?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

She aint listening to common sense lol!

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post
    It's the condescending way that you and others have suggested that JWM is trying to "Get Rid" (your words not mine) of their family pet because it's somehow in the way.

Why does advice have to be so negative? Why even give the advice? JWM did not ask for anyones advice or opinion, she simply wanted to look for a loving home for her dog. But the vultures are never very far away and are just ready to pounce of fresh pickings.

You all dish out your harsh opinions on those who choose to re home but one day your nasty opinions will be the direct result of an animal being left in a situation that is not healthy for it and that animal suffering. (Not this particular instance)
    Heaven knows how many people have come on here to do what is best for their pet, have received verbal Diarrhoea from forum members and are now struggling with pets as they changed their mind through guilt.
    How can any dog lover believe that that is what is best for the dog?

I don't want to turn this into a huge argument, but in one post you have managed to judge me as condescending, negative, vulture, harsh, and nasty!

JWM - I apologise for caring, and for suggesting the dog walker in case you were not aware of the service - I had only just read it and thought I was being helpful. I should have known better.

Porshiepoo, you talk about everyone else verbally attacking JWM. At no point did I do this, and I was not aware that I had given negative advice. However, I don't think you have been fair in your judgement of me, and calling me 5 different names in one post feels like a personal attack....but of course, I'm sure you wouldn't do that.

Default Well said Foxy

Totally agree with you Foxy - whatever reason somebody decides to do anything is nobody elses business.

Until you personally have walked in that persons shoes and lived their lives - do not judge.

Hope you manage to find a really good home for your westie.

I don't want to turn this into a huge argument, but in one post you have managed to judge me as condescending, negative, vulture, harsh, and nasty!

JWM - I apologise for caring, and for suggesting the dog walker in case you were not aware of the service - I had only just read it and thought I was being helpful. I should have known better.

Porshiepoo, you talk about everyone else verbally attacking JWM. At no point did I do this, and I was not aware that I had given negative advice. However, I don't think you have been fair in your judgement of me, and calling me 5 different names in one post feels like a personal attack....but of course, I'm sure you wouldn't do that.
    Dont worry KCI,we all know who is being nasty on this thread and we all know that she is blowing a lot of hot air.Take no heed.

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    Totally agree with you Foxy - whatever reason somebody decides to do anything is nobody elses business.

Until you personally have walked in that persons shoes and lived their lives - do not judge.

Hope you manage to find a really good home for your westie.
    My signature in practice.

its impossible to judge someones lifestyle until you are in their shoes.

Well said Pat.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE View Post
    How would u feel if your parents rehomed you when u was 4 because they were 2 busy to look after you would u like it.?
    And as for what butterfly has said about a dog being part of the family is 100% correct
    Thank's....

the post read that it was due to lack of time because of new baby.the brief part about its health doesnt enter into it,as it sounds like none of it is any problem for the dog.
    porshiepoo,iv no idea where you read a brief description of the dogs personality,it certainly wasnt here.even in the 2nd post by the owner it is saying she does walk it and vets and dog trainers think its for the best.
    at no time is there a mention of it being a threat to the baby,or of course,surely we would all agree that the dog needs rehomed,but as the add does not say this then are we to asume its ok with kids??
    if i had this problem with a dog then it would def be mentioned in my add,i certainly wouldnt leave tht bit out.
    a dog should be for life,in an ideal world,and having it for 4 years doesnt mean that then handing it on is then ok,but thats not why this dog needs rehomed,is it?
    and porshiepoo,i do think that by thinking that loads of people will read all this on here and feel guilty and be made to keep dogs that they dont want,and these animals will be dreadfully neglected because of us questioning someone is a really ridiculous thing to say.
    and it is in the pets corner and not in the adds,and yes it wasnt asking for advice,but the dog lovers on here offered it anyway.i for one thought id only given some advice,as talking from experience id made the wrong decision once.
    it wasnt asked for,but i said it from the heart(dont mean to sound melodramatic!!)and i got a S#/##* reply for my appology,so thats about it.
    scot adds is a great place for this kind of thing,you get no questions asked,or unwanted advice

Well said Cat.Porshiepoo,who mentioned hand book-not me,you invented that.Child Safety-no one,certainly not the owner either.And to say" the dogs health problems is not even an issue" is really stupid because anyone who takes this dog or shows an interest is in it will want to know about it's health.You also say JWM has "given a quick run down of the personality of the dog".WHERE?There's nowt on here about that either!
    You said "JWM's said her dog "require's constant medication".Again WHERE?None of us have read this!
    "Right to attack"WHERE did i mention this?If anyone has "jeopardised"the rehoming of this dog it's not JWM it's YOU for all your fabricated rubbish you have been spouting.
    There is only one thing you did get right and that's that i and others who have responded to this thread are dog lover's.So you wind your neck in and stop talking rubbish and fabricating things that have just not been said by me or anyone else on this thread.Could it be that this thread has hit a nerve with you because you gave your animals away?If the cap fit's wear it,i am sure it will suit you.Go on now ,shoo,away with you!

I did not realise that there was so much viciousness amongst Org members, some of you should be ashamed.

Surely if person has been honest enough to hold hands up and say "I can't cope" and wants dog to be rehomed, then this is a much better solution than to either:
    (a) dump dog
    (b) cause cruelty by keeping dog and denying it a loving home

Forget the personal bitterness and think what is best for dog.

Can I ask hoe old the baby is, am asking because if he/she is still young the dog just may not be used to having baby around yet and will just take time just as an older child can x

Quote Originally Posted by Harray View Post
    I did not realise that there was so much viciousness amongst Org members, some of you should be ashamed.

Surely if person has been honest enough to hold hands up and say "I can't cope" and wants dog to be rehomed, then this is a much better solution than to either:
    (a) dump dog
    (b) cause cruelty by keeping dog and denying it a loving home

Forget the personal bitterness and think what is best for dog.
    I agree, ultimately JWM is being a responsible pet owner trying to find her westie the best possible home and being up front about his health problems.

Good luck finding your wee dog a new home, it can't be an easy decision to make.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast