Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westie free to good home

I've spoken to JWM and can assure you all that there are good reasons for her to be looking to rehome her dog and it isn't something she is taking lightly. Its been a very hard decision for her and the dog will not be just packed off to any old home I can assure you.

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JWM View Post
    People who arent interested and dont know the whole story should just butt out and keep their opinions to themselves!!!! This is not a descision that has come very easy and has been made with discussions with vets and people with dog training experience. The reason we are looking to rehome the dog is because he isn't happy and isn't coping with the arrival of no2 not because we cant be bothered with him!!

As for his skin, do not make judgements that we are making his skin bad. He has been on every special diet that you can think of I have been at the vet and had neumorus tests done to try to identify causes for it. He never gets any form of human food!! Sometimes westie bad skin is a form of hayfever on dogs. If you had a westie and had been speaking to the vets yourself you would be aware of things like this.

You should all be ashamed of yourselfs for judging a situation that you know nothing about!

this forum is for OPINIONS ...and we do know about him..because ,u told us.

if u did not want this sort of reaction,then perhaps u should have advertised privately.i hope he does go to forever home soon.

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post
    If the dog is unhappy now it is because there is an imbalance in the pack, not because it feels unloved or pushed out. They are human emotions, do not transfer those onto a pet.
    The only way to make this dog "happy" ( a human term. 'Stable' is more a canine term) is to integrate it into a pack that is stable and provides everything a dog needs.
    Sitting at home being loved is not enough for a dog, only a human, and to assume that re homing your dog means you must somehow not love it is completely wrong.
    It takes more love from a human to admit they cannot do right by a family pet and find someone who can than it does to "just keep it" and ignore the fact that the dog is not getting what it needs and is therefore suffering.

can not agree with any of this...sorry..the dog is being pushed away as the owners simply want rid..too easy.i do hope he gets a loving family..but morally this lady is wrong.as indeed are many others........

binbob Guest

Actually I am a parent that is out walking most of the day with my dog the problems that we are having is when we are at home. I know lots of parents also who are like that but I most certainly am not one of them. I have always made sure that my dog gets more than adequate exercise.

Unfortunately there are times that you cannot take the dog if your are going shopping or to toddlers and things like that and that is the only time he is left alone. He has company nearly all day eveyday and when I am at work my parents take the dog as well as the kids so he doesnt feel left out. he is not a dog that likes to be left alone.

his problems seem to grow with every post u make....skin,heart ..anxiety....he needs a new home for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by binbob View Post
    this forum is for OPINIONS ...and we do know about him..because ,u told us.

if u did not want this sort of reaction,then perhaps u should have advertised privately.i hope he does go to forever home soon.

Seriously Binbob, get a life. You would know the whole story if only you had bothered to ask real questions instead of going straight in for the attack.

If you feel the need to spout your ignorant opinions then find a thread that really warrants that. This particular thread did not ask for any opinions nor did it warrant it. Someone is simply advertising the fact they need to re home their pet and as this is a community website figured it would be a good place to start.

You may not agree with a persons reasons for re homing an animal but should you feel the need to attack them in this way, start a thread dedicated to it if you must, that way we don't all have to read such drivel.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

binbob Guest

What right do any of you have to attack this person the way you have?
    This forum is not just about your right to state that you disagree with someone. Yes, there are times that when that kind of response is requested, this is not one of them.
    This person has advertised on this forum to re home a much loved family pet. Quite frankly, her reasons for doing so is absolutely none of our business unless one of us is interested in taking the dog.
    If you do not require info on the animal with a possibility of being interested in homing it then why say anything at all? Do you think such hurtful comments have helped this family in any way at all? Did anyone ask for advice on opinion as to whether it was cruel to give it away or not?

Perhaps you should all go back to your perfect little pack of dogs and wallow in your profound experience of all matters canine and human and comfort yourself with the fact that you have never and will never make such a hard decision.
    The rest of us can all but hope and pray that such wisdom and perfection falls upon our shoulders.

In the meantime, while we all catch up with y'all, stop attacking this person.
    it must be WONDERFUL to feel so high and mighty.if JWM did not want this sort of reaction,then she should have advertised PRIVATELY.do we now need another area where folk can say..

FED UP OF MY DOG
    NEEDS NEW HOME
    NEW HOME,NEW BABY,NEW CAR
    FORCES THIS
    VERY SAD
    HE HAS PROBLEMS
    PLEASE DO NOT NOT MAKE ANY OPINION OF ME

i could go on,but i will not.REMEMBER ...A DOG IS FOR LIFE.i have even made provisions for my 4 beasties should i die while i still have them.that is the ONLY reason that would mean they would be rehomed.

binbob Guest

Seriously Binbob, get a life. You would know the whole story if only you had bothered to ask real questions instead of going straight in for the attack.

If you feel the need to spout your ignorant opinions then find a thread that really warrants that. This particular thread did not ask for any opinions nor did it warrant it. Someone is simply advertising the fact they need to re home their pet and as this is a community website figured it would be a good place to start.

You may not agree with a persons reasons for re homing an animal but should you feel the need to attack them in this way, start a thread dedicated to it if you must, that way we don't all have to read such drivel.
    DRIVEL........u seem quite good urself..is JWM a friend..perhaps????

Maybe a bit off topic here but have you tried you dog on wafcol sensitive salmon and potato, my old boxer had terrible skin issues and I eventually after going round in circles watching her suffer and nobody knowing what to do, email Peter Forsythe pictures and within hours we had our answer as to her allergies. She was originally put on royal canin but I honestly couldn't afford it so I trialed different things slowly and she thrived on wafcol.
    A dog with skin issues and children is very hard, all it takes is a dropped bit of food and if they get it before you do the circle is starting again.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

binbob Guest

i do not wastre my time.........why would i start a stupid thread for no reason..

it must be WONDERFUL to feel so high and mighty.if JWM did not want this sort of reaction,then she should have advertised PRIVATELY.do we now need another area where folk can say..

FED UP OF MY DOG
    NEEDS NEW HOME
    NEW HOME,NEW BABY,NEW CAR
    FORCES THIS
    VERY SAD
    HE HAS PROBLEMS
    PLEASE DO NOT NOT MAKE ANY OPINION OF ME

i could go on,but i will not.REMEMBER ...A DOG IS FOR LIFE.i have even made provisions for my 4 beasties should i die while i still have them.that is the ONLY reason that would mean they would be rehomed.

Binbob, just because this forum is for the community it does not mean you have a right to attack people who use it.

So are you saying that if your circumstances changed to the extent where your so called beloved dog would suffer, you would still keep it? Regardless of its suffering? You could turn a blind eye to that could you? Ignore your beloved pets suffering?
    And why? Because 'a pet is for life'? That sentence is all well and good but it was really supposed to concern pets being bought for gifts at birthdays or xmases or on a whim.
    4 years is neither a xmas gift now bored of, or a whim!

I'm sure you and many others really do believe that you should keep a dog regardless of its needs and whether you can continue to provide them, however fortunately for the canine world there are those who can admit that their pet needs more than they are able to provide and can show enough love to that pet to seek a new loving home for it.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I don't think this thread should be a place for squabbles, unless you have experienced any of these problems in a dog, dont judge. They are extremely hard work and stress makes the allergies and heart murmer worse. I spent 9 years working hard with my boxer to give her a comfortable life. If the best thing is a quiet home for this little dog then that is what needs to be done and I applaude the owner for being able to see clearly what their dog needs.

i do not wastre my time.........why would i start a stupid thread for no reason..
    Well you send me stupid pm's for no reason so why not??????????
    You waste our time having to read your attacks on this forum member just to sift through the constructive answers to the drivel such as yours.

We understand that you do not agree with this persons decision, despite the fact that you do not have the full details of the situation.
    We also understand that you would choose to keep your dog regardless of whether it would be suffering and we also understand that this to you, constitutes good, loving and responsible dog ownership.

Now put your toys back in your pram and go play elsewhere so that this forum member (who incidentally I have never met or heard of in my life) may be able to start working out how best to proceed with this awful situation she finds herself in.

Now Shoo, go away, be off.

have to agree, theres no need to attack a person but the conflicts of reasons have confused a few. reasons for rehoming this dog changed.

maybe others who are considering having a family and a family dog should consider what this entails. As i previously stated in my first post, we all have our reasons for rehoming any animal, and i know as i have taken on a few unwanted animals from orgers without judgement, all i say is families and dogs take up alot of time and if they cant be put together then maybe people should leave out getting a dog.

A pack of dogs, introduce new pups into the pack carefully and slowly. The pups would not leave the den until atleast 3 weeks old and even then they would not meet the other pack members, so in logic it tells us that a dog wont accept a baby just because they are good with others.A dog need boundaries and limitations and a good pack leader, without either of these the dog will feel pushed down the line, and thats when conflicts start.
    As previously said i do hope that you find a deserving home for your dog, but people who are starting out with a family must think ahead and consider time you will have to spend with dogs and kids.

binbob Guest

Well you send me stupid pm's for no reason so why not??????????
    You waste our time having to read your attacks on this forum member just to sift through the constructive answers to the drivel such as yours.

We understand that you do not agree with this persons decision, despite the fact that you do not have the full details of the situation.
    We also understand that you would choose to keep your dog regardless of whether it would be suffering and we also understand that this to you, constitutes good, loving and responsible dog ownership.

Now put your toys back in your pram and go play elsewhere so that this forum member (who incidentally I have never met or heard of in my life) may be able to start working out how best to proceed with this awful situation she finds herself in.

Now Shoo, go away, be off.
    THANK U SO MUCH.............................................. ...........REMEMBER ...A DOG IS FOR LIFE.

I don't see a conflict of reasons at all having owned a dog with these conditions. They do take up extra time in bathing, cleaning etc. I had to bath mine 2 times a week, wash her bed daily otherwise it smelled bad. When she was at her worst I had to clean scabs and open sores daily, wash blood off everywhere as mine lost all her nails and had a chin that looked like a bleeding brain.Getting overexcited and collapsing and wetting herself. Maybe this wee dog is not as bad but it is a lot of extra work and stress and if this can be cut out by giving him a relaxed and peaceful home atmosphere which cannot be offered in a household with little ones then well done to the owner.

People who arent interested and dont know the whole story should just butt out and keep their opinions to themselves!!!! This is not a descision that has come very easy and has been made with discussions with vets and people with dog training experience. The reason we are looking to rehome the dog is because he isn't happy and isn't coping with the arrival of no2 not because we cant be bothered with him!!

As for his skin, do not make judgements that we are making his skin bad. He has been on every special diet that you can think of I have been at the vet and had neumorus tests done to try to identify causes for it. He never gets any form of human food!! Sometimes westie bad skin is a form of hayfever on dogs. If you had a westie and had been speaking to the vets yourself you would be aware of things like this.

You should all be ashamed of yourselfs for judging a situation that you know nothing about!
    if you dont want peoples opinions, then dont post it on here, there are lots of pet lovers here who are going to give you there thoughts, at most are the same thinking. why in the 1st post you said you didnt have time for him, yet in this one the poor thing isnt coping with your new baby, well have you given him a chance, my dog didnt take to kindly to my 3 year old at the start but we gave him the chance now he is fine.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I don't see a conflict of reasons at all having owned a dog with these conditions. They do take up extra time in bathing, cleaning etc. I had to bath mine 2 times a week, wash her bed daily otherwise it smelled bad. When she was at her worst I had to clean scabs and open sores daily, wash blood off everywhere as mine lost all her nails and had a chin that looked like a bleeding brain.Getting overexcited and collapsing and wetting herself. Maybe this wee dog is not as bad but it is a lot of extra work and stress and if this can be cut out by giving him a relaxed and peaceful home atmosphere which cannot be offered in a household with little ones then well done to the owner.

I agree that it is a lot of hard work, but then if that was a child that needed that amount of care we would do it no questions asked. Its not the same i hear you shout but to some a dog is a baby and they put that amount of work into keeping their dogs healthy.

I have a disabled rabbit and he lives in my home and he takes more time than the others, but i make time, when my kids have settled then i do what needs to be done. Nails, teeth, bathing, trimming of long fur, i dont find it a challenge, but we as humans are not the same.

Maybe a thread should be started this type of conversation and maybe we dont use the titled thread to disagree with a persons reasons for rehoming.I am the first to admit that i have ahd to rehome a dog for reasons stated in my earlier thread and its not an easy choice, but they are alot who get rid for seemingly no reason.

I would never have rehomed mine as I had the time and when I did not I made the time but I can understand how difficult it is.
    There are many acting like god here and I will say again unless you have been there then do not judge.

Goodness.....goodness...goodness! Whats going on here. Shelley steps away and something arises!

Anyway. Hope that the dog gets a new home soon, either that or it comes to like baby no2.

I am on NO side here...but it is hard to have pets and children, i find it easier to consider my OH and son as monkeys, its all animals here then!

And yes sometimes pets dont like Children. Wee Fintan never liked athrun when we first took him home. It took a few months for Fintan to come around to the idea i had another baby aswell as him. now they get on like 2 peas in a pod! Athrun is the only person (baby) to let pull his tail! Ever!!

It takes time.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    if you dont want peoples opinions, then dont post it on here, there are lots of pet lovers here who are going to give you there thoughts, at most are the same thinking. why in the 1st post you said you didnt have time for him, yet in this one the poor thing isnt coping with your new baby, well have you given him a chance, my dog didnt take to kindly to my 3 year old at the start but we gave him the chance now he is fine.
    well said,balto..sense shines through....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast