Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Kiss

Thumbs up Kiss

I know its maybe not that exciting to you but it is to me.

KISS are releasing new material around about September! yay!

I can not hide my delight!

Only i would love to see the original 4 re-unite but due to difficulties over the years it would be more carnage than the Stone Roses reunion.

- that smiley reminds me of Gene.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

My mum was stood really near them at the Calgary Stampede last year in Canada, she had absolutely no idea who they were and referred to them as a 'bunch of clowns', it was only a lot later she discovered they were Kiss but that still meant nothing to her

I'd have loved their autographs and picture!!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post
    My mum was stood really near them at the Calgary Stampede last year in Canada, she had absolutely no idea who they were and referred to them as a 'bunch of clowns', it was only a lot later she discovered they were Kiss but that still meant nothing to her

I'd have loved their autographs and picture!!
    Mind you, they are HUGE over in the US and Australia. They haven't really broke into the UK and to my knowledge have only done 2 or 3 show in the UK in their long history.

The new guitarist Tommy is really down to earth i even emailed him and Im pretty sure it was him who replied instead of like a personal assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Mind you, they are HUGE over in the US and Australia. They haven't really broke into the UK and to my knowledge have only done 2 or 3 show in the UK in their long history.

The new guitarist Tommy is really down to earth i even emailed him and Im pretty sure it was him who replied instead of like a personal assistant.
    Kiss have played in the UK many times in the last 30 odd years, over the course of several tours.
    I saw them in Edinburgh during the Lick It Up tour - I was a bit hacked off cos they'd just abandoned the make up, but the gig was excellent. Saw Michael Schenker the same weekend ..... nice

Quote Originally Posted by orcadian1964 View Post
    Kiss have played in the UK many times in the last 30 odd years, over the course of several tours.
    I saw them in Edinburgh during the Lick It Up tour - I was a bit hacked off cos they'd just abandoned the make up, but the gig was excellent. Saw Michael Schenker the same weekend ..... nice
    my bad, you think we could get them in the assembly rooms?

aye, no prob I'm sure - now that Wick is becoming the Budokan of the North it should be a breeze.
    maybe I'll just settle for going to see Heavens Basement on the 10th April and see what happens .......

you could always try Tommy Thayer's email on the off chance......

Bring back the Spaceman.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    I know its maybe not that exciting to you but it is to me.

KISS are releasing new material around about September! yay!

I can not hide my delight!

Only i would love to see the original 4 re-unite but due to difficulties over the years it would be more carnage than the Stone Roses reunion.

- that smiley reminds me of Gene.
    Kiss have not released anything worth listening to for at least 17yrs, saw them at the SECC in 1992, they were pretty good, but i only went to see the support band 'Danger Danger'

As for Tommy Thayer, he's wasted in Kiss, he should get his ass back in his old band 'Black N'Blue', or even 'Harlow' with Teresa Straley, she was a great singer.

Default KISS Album

What was the first KISS Album you bought and whats your favourite album
    1st one i bought was Dressed to Kill back in 78, as for favourite probably one of the alive ones

Quote Originally Posted by bky View Post
    What was the first KISS Album you bought and whats your favourite album
    1st one i bought was Dressed to Kill back in 78, as for favourite probably one of the alive ones
    Think it was 'Destroyer' or 'Asylum' sometime around 1986 when i first became aware of Kiss, i'm afraid it was all downhill for Kiss after 'Asylum'

Quote Originally Posted by bky View Post
    What was the first KISS Album you bought and what's your favourite album
    First one I bought was - Psycho Circus (mainly cos it was the only one in HMV at the time) there was only 2 good songs on it - the title track and I Pledge Allegiance to the State of Rock and Roll.

Favourite one has to be Destroyer

1st Kiss album i bought was creatures of the night when it was released.I still quite like it. My favourite is a toss up between alive or alive 2

good grief ...... so long ago .........
    I think the first Kiss album I bought was Alive II and I would probably have to call it my favourite, closely followed by Creatures Of The Night.
    I had the booklet type thing that came with Alive II (various photos etc, was it the US import version maybe?) but a certain young relative of mine pinched it, along with loads of other posters I had - including a huge Scorpions tour poster that had come from the Glasgow Apollo (Lovedrive or Animal Magnetism tour .... can't recall). Never saw them again
    I wasn't a happy camper.

I was never much of a Kiss fan but I saw them at Donnington in 1988.

I was pleasantly surprised at how good they were.

Still think their CD's are generally disappointing.