Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Brokeback Mountain

Default Brokeback Mountain

Watched this on channel 4 last night, I have wanted to see it for a while.
    I was pleasantly surprised, it was a very good film and the acting was brilliant.
    I can see why it was oscar winning etc.. and I did shed a wee tear at the end.
    Well worth watching
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

Default sniff sniff

i seen this film ages ago and i totally agree with you i had a good cry at the end of the film and i have done a few times again when i have watched it

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

I just watched it, it was okay but a bit boring in parts.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

I have it on DVD. I own every movie Jake Gyllenhaal has been in...sad i know but he is my favourite actor!

Brokeback Mountain was genius made. Great Film. My OH refuses to watch it though.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Wink

Strange that Shelley, my OH refused to watch it too!!

I have it recorded and going to watch it one night this week when he is away - and the little cherub is in bed!

Nobody could accuse Brokeback Mountain of being romantic!

The film caused a long, vituperative thread on the general forum upon its release. I commented then that I didn't fancy the prospect of kissing cowpokes - or even handy holding hombres. My views haven't change but I'd probably watch it now.
    I missed its recent screening. One day I'll catch up with it but I'm in no hurry.

p. Jake Gyllenhall wa s on in 'Proof' last night BBC 2 - which perhaps I should have stuck with. It seemed a highly unusual film. An eleven hour drive had made me tired though. He is the image of my next door neighbours Grandson.

Percy be warned, it is surprisingly graphic!
    (\__/)

I'm now a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal, RAWR!! He's top totty!

I have seen this once as I bought it for my wife, I thought it was pretty good but the scenes of the blokes kissing made me cringe. In the words of Austin Powers .. "that's not my bag baby"

I am waiting for the remake called "Thrownonyourback Mountain" starring two playboy bunnies who become hot oil wrestlers and develop an attraction for each other ... now that I would watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    I have it on DVD. I own every movie Jake Gyllenhaal has been in...sad i know but he is my favourite actor!

Brokeback Mountain was genius made. Great Film. My OH refuses to watch it though.
    funny shelley mine does to, but if it was 2 cowgirls it would be a different story.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Default Cowboys

I watched it on 4 as well just to be a modern man and I think I would rather a good John Wayne film anyday.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Ah Kevin don't lie, I bet you were blubbering like a baby at the end!
    (\__/)

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post
    I have seen this once as I bought it for my wife, I thought it was pretty good but the scenes of the blokes kissing made me cringe. In the words of Austin Powers .. "that's not my bag baby"

I am waiting for the remake called "Thrownonyourback Mountain" starring two playboy bunnies who become hot oil wrestlers and develop an attraction for each other ... now that I would watch.
    Me too!!!
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Smile

Doesn't bother me seeing them kiss, but might be different if I saw two girls going at it hammer and tongs... The story is a good one though and the cinematography is just superb, but I did find it was hard to catch what Heath Ledger said in places.
    cape locum et fac vestigium