Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: $40 million pound heist

Default $40 million pound heist

Whats your thoughts on the $40million pound heist just seen it on the tv but dont know much about what happend can anyone fill me in

A young family were terrorised at gunpoint for several hours, and so were staff working at the Securitas depot.

Thieves got away with millions of pounds, some of it untraceable in used notes.

A £2m reward has been offered and I hope someone collects it.

The gangs mistake is that they have stolen too much. THe establishment will pursue this to limit in an effort to bring them to justice. The narks and informants will be going into overdrive.

I dont like bullies. I hope they are caught quickly. Sentences will be savage.
    I remember 1963 & the Great Train Robbery. The state was affronted & always places greater value on money & property than it does on human life.

I applaud them for having the ingenuity and the cojones to pull of such a great scam, crime like that is fascinating, the amount of planning that has to go into it is like a military operation. That said, waving guns in people faces is a bad thing to do, especially to kids, and these guys will do some serious time if they're caught.

They put a lot of thought into that robbery..let's hope when they get caught the sheriff put's a lot of thought into their sentence..

Quote Originally Posted by MGB1979
    I applaud them for having the ingenuity and the cojones to pull of such a great scam, crime like that is fascinating, the amount of planning that has to go into it is like a military operation. <snip>
    Such is our attitude to serious crime because of the promotion and romanticizing of such things in the entertainment industry....ie. Oceans Eleven etc.
    What a world!

It's not big and it's not clever.

Two people arrested tonight in connection with this.
    You get what you give

i wish i knew who did it so i could cash in on the reward hope the victims of this incident are going to be ok
    Last edited by Bingobabe; 24-Feb-06 at 00:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Saveman
    Such is our attitude to serious crime because of the promotion and romanticizing of such things in the entertainment industry....ie. Oceans Eleven etc.
    What a world!

It's not big and it's not clever.
    One can be fascinated with something without condoning it, and most grown ups can tell the difference between the movies and real life. No need to despair big man.

Selective quoting, especially when it changes the context is also not very big or clever.

One can be fascinated with something without condoning it, and most grown ups can tell the difference between the movies and real life. No need to despair big man.

Selective quoting, especially when it changes the context is also not very big or clever.
    I also find it fascinating but i dont condon it

By saying "our attitude" I was sharing responsibilty.
    You said you applauded their ingenuity.....to me that comes across as condoning them.
    We'll not get into the whole "fantasy/reality good/bad influence of entertainment" as its been discussed before.

I didn't think I took your comments out of context. You condemned them waving guns in peoples faces but applaud their ingenuity. I think we get the picture.
    You get what you give

My Boss's son said 'nice one' on hearing about this robbery.
    I gave him a flea in his ear and when I explained what had actually happened he seemed almost apologetic. This was not a victimless crime.
    If banks were ripped off in a way which harmed nobody at all I might think differently myself. Sadly though the trauma of this will probably haunt innocent people for a long time.

Anyway, why should criminals rob their way to a luxurious lifestyle when the rest of us mugs have to graft for lifes pleasures? The arrests have started, the net will close in. Fifteen year minimum sentences I reckon. You wouldn't get that for coshing an old lady to death for her pension. The establishment has been wounded here.

Default Ha payback!

See if anybody offers to pay for anything with a Bank of englandshire note, wouldn't it just be great to hold it up to the light and say 'sorry we don't accept Bank of England notes, too many dodgy ones on the go mate!'

Payback for all thon times i've had it happen down there with scottish notes!!