Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we wish again

Default Here we wish again

"Here we go again" but I cant help but hope. The met office has the heavy snow icon for Wick on Sunday night.

Please, Please, Please let it be right, for once and give us a good dumping of the beautiful white stuff.

Fingers crossed.

.....it gets my vote Kas......maybe this time
    You get what you give

shrek_donkey Guest

Here is hoping i have probably said this before but if not i love the snow lol.

Lets pray as then i will get a day off work please ,please let it snow lol

Is it snow forecast or just God with a severe case of dandruff
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

When it snowed big fluffy flakes, my Granny would say "They're plucking geese in Orkney".

Please,please we want snow,so my kids can get out on their sledges that i got for them in december and hav'nt been able to use yet

Weve got it forcast for lincs aswell, had a bit of a flurry yesterday so maybe this weekend we will get a covering aswell.
    computer says no ........

We.re up inCaithness beginning of next week,so pehapse because it snowed tje previous twice then it will again.whoopidooo......
    Maybe we'll get snowed in and not able to get back to Skye,fancy putting us up for a week Alice
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by candyfloss
    Please,please we want snow,so my kids can get out on their sledges that i got for them in december and hav'nt been able to use yet
    Bet you want to get on the sledge too lol i always do he he he

like the snow too. loved making slides good fun. some kids the day see snow as a good chance to chuck it at the windows thou. spoils it really.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

It does feel cold enough for snow, I really hope we get some.
    Where's Tugmistress?

Quote Originally Posted by erli
    It does feel cold enough for snow, I really hope we get some.
    Where's Tugmistress?
    Here
    just came on to post a warning about next week too
    Don't quote me on actual timings here, this is just my estimation of the charts i have been looking at for the last few days...
    first things first here, seriously, get your winter woolies out of the drawers, you will need them! the air flow is going to be coming direct from the artic (damn near north pole!) for at least 5 days from sunday evening !! This set up is looking like an almost constant hit of steady snow showers through until next thursday at the moment (but may change yet). I have been talking to guy in shetland who has been watching the weather a lot longer than i have, and his take on the situation looking at the charts is that it is a similar set up to what gave shetland 30ft drifts and 3ft level snow last time it happened in December 1995.
    Saturday is liable to fool you into thinking it isn't going to happen, but hold onto your wooly hats
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress
    Here
    just came on to post a warning about next week too
    Don't quote me on actual timings here, this is just my estimation of the charts i have been looking at for the last few days...
    first things first here, seriously, get your winter woolies out of the drawers, you will need them! the air flow is going to be coming direct from the artic (damn near north pole!) for at least 5 days from sunday evening !! This set up is looking like an almost constant hit of steady snow showers through until next thursday at the moment (but may change yet). I have been talking to guy in shetland who has been watching the weather a lot longer than i have, and his take on the situation looking at the charts is that it is a similar set up to what gave shetland 30ft drifts and 3ft level snow last time it happened in December 1995.
    Saturday is liable to fool you into thinking it isn't going to happen, but hold onto your wooly hats

Wooooohoooooo! Now your talking!

Where's me toboggan...?
    You get what you give

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop
    We.re up inCaithness beginning of next week,so pehapse because it snowed tje previous twice then it will again.whoopidooo......
    Maybe we'll get snowed in and not able to get back to Skye,fancy putting us up for a week Alice
    No problem cuddlepop I can give the dishwasher a rest for a week I cant wait for the snow my kids are driving me nuts asking when can they get out on their sledges.

rich62_uk Guest

I know everyone is looking forward to the snow I just hope it holds off till Monday! I leave London Friday at 4PM with four children under the age of eight and me on my lonesome, I have NEVER driven in the snow. I expect to be in Thurso around Sunday late afternoon early evening If anyone sees me driving around in circles PLEASE HELP !!!!!.......Trish.

Please no snow.. hate the stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress
    I have a newone! lined with 'thinsulate' from my dear wife, sporting the legend 'Lonsdale' in thankfully tiny writing. I relish this sting in winter tail and hope it ventures this far south. My thermals are at the ready too.

Bring it on!

Great. Just great. My Mrs is heading for Scotland on Sunday, arriving Monday in Inverness. What do you think Tugmistress, will it get that far South?

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims
    Great. Just great. My Mrs is heading for Scotland on Sunday, arriving Monday in Inverness. What do you think Tugmistress, will it get that far South?
    let's just say that if she hasn't got there by monday tea time i for one would not like to be travelling after that if these charts stay as they are
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast