Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Black Stone Cherry!

Default Black Stone Cherry!

Hey,

new dates for their UK tour announced!!
    they rock!!
    anyone goin or a fan?

October

10 Birmingham, Academy
    14 Portsmouth, Guildhall
    15 London, Hammersmith Apollo
    16 Leeds, Academy
    17 Glasgow, Academy
    19 Newcastle, Academy
    20 Manchester, Apollo
    21 Bristol, Academy
    23 Norwich, UEA

check them out!
    http://www.myspace.com/blackstonecherry
    http://www.youtube.com/user/blackstonecherry
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/video/ ... ongID=2395

I do believe they are the support band to Nickelback in Glasgow tomorrow night. I must have a listen, I'd never heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I do believe they are the support band to Nickelback in Glasgow tomorrow night. I must have a listen, I'd never heard of them.
    yeh that they are...they sound nothin alike though...jst same record company. Yeh chek them out defo

I saw Black Stone Cherry last year at the Barrowlands and the year before at the Cathouse (both Glasgow) - brilliant gigs the both of them!

Will have to seriously consider attending this next one ...... its good to see that they are progressing through to bigger venues.

Anybody who hasn't had a listen should make sure they check out the first album - vastly superior to the 2nd one IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Would love to see that, too bad i'm skint. I love BSC.

Has anyone else's opinion of Nickelback gone down since they became more popular and Radio 1 material?
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Quote Originally Posted by orcadian1964 View Post
    Anybody who hasn't had a listen should make sure they check out the first album - vastly superior to the 2nd one IMHO.

i'll agree with u there...1st album is immense!...
    wel it aint really their 1st coz they have released 3 altogether...one before the self titled album!

I've never had a high opinion of nickleback. There was an interview with the singer in sound on sound magazine a few years ago. He is definitely a minion with a big opinion.

He rattled on about what a studio expert he is and that How You Remind Me is the Stairway of the new millenium.

Aye right pal, your songs are of led zeppelin standard. Or maybe they're just micro-produced concoctions that are an afront to the notion of taste and texture in song-writing and recording.

And he's got girly hair. And he's called Chad. What kind of name is that? How about a proper manly name like Rab or Hector?
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Kroeger is a fud

Yeah. Maybe i should have just said that instead of trying to be eloquent in my slagging off of the great plank.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Cheers Ben!

I have seen them twice, when they were supporting Def Leppard last year and two weeks ago when they were supporting Nickelback.

The lead singer of BSC came on during Nickelbacks performance to perform a duet of AC/DC's Highway to Hell which went down a storm!

I am going to see them again next weekend at the Download festival! Hopefully they play 'Peace is Free' and 'You.'

Must admit I am tempted to go and see them for a fourth time in Oct.....

Their drummer is awesome to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cogy View Post
    Cheers Ben!

I have seen them twice, when they were supporting Def Leppard last year and two weeks ago when they were supporting Nickelback.

The lead singer of BSC came on during Nickelbacks performance to perform a duet of AC/DC's Highway to Hell which went down a storm!

I am going to see them again next weekend at the Download festival! Hopefully they play 'Peace is Free' and 'You.'

Must admit I am tempted to go and see them for a fourth time in Oct.....

Their drummer is awesome to watch!
    yeh i was at the glasgow gig myself...awesome!!
    it takes some guts to cover an AC/DC song nevermind in glasgow but Chris's vocals were ace!!
    im not hittin download but im sure they wil play peace is free...not sure about you...but its an awesome song!!!

have fun and dnt get too drunk!!