Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: msm messenger and the internet

Default msm messenger and the internet

Jus got our vodofone dongle through the post last night for our internet. i took it up to my mates house. he's a computer genius and kept me right on what I was doing when setting it up.

This morning i discovered i couldn't get explorer or firefox to display anything but i could get msn messenger to run perfectly.

I spent ages trying to work it out and after a while and a restart it suddenly started to work. by using msn messenger to keep the internet up i managed to get firefox working I found as long as i kept the internet busy on msn everything else worked perfectly.

Anyone else experience any difficuties with the internet dongles?
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

I use Firefox and MSN on BT Broadband and have never had any problems. It sounds like resetting your Modem did the trick but it might be an idea to make sure that you have the latest version of Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post
    I use Firefox and MSN on BT Broadband and have never had any problems. It sounds like resetting your Modem did the trick but it might be an idea to make sure that you have the latest version of Internet Explorer and Firefox.
    Aye think so too.

No fear there i always have the up to date version of firefox and explorer. i use firefox more than explorer as there are things on the net that it is jus better than explorer than.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *