Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the scariest movie you know?

Default What's the scariest movie you know?

mine is The Entity....very scary and based on a true haunting. Have someone with you when you watch this one...

Highly taut and suspenseful ghost story starring Barbara Hershey as a single mother who is repeatedly attacked and raped by forces unseen in her California home. Though her children witness one of the attacks, Hershey follows the counsel of a psychologist played by Ron Silver, who believes her “attacks” are psychic trauma from her childhood and a reaction against her relationships with men.

Last edited by bettedaviseyes; 24-Mar-09 at 18:49.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

Default scariest ever

The Haunting direced by Robert Wise in 1963 and starred Julie Harris based on a novel by Shirley Jackson (a brilliant contributor to the New Yorker in the 1950s.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Haunting_(1963_film)

http://www.litencyc.com/php/speople....=true&UID=2326
    Richard Sutherland

haha the first thing i thought when i read the title was entity i think it freaks me out too just coz its based on a true story creeps me right out but i get scared easy all horrors scare me lol
    I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.

Im yet to find a really good horror! Even watched pretty much all the classics! The only one that came close was 'The Blob' but i aint seen it since i was 4!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

The Fog.....still to this day creeps me out

IT... not the scariest film ever... but it has a clown in it... nuff said...
    "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…What a sick, masochistic lion."

i find the exorcist scary, dont like when she rolls her eyes back in her head, also the emily rose one
    my partner is teriffied of scary films and wont watch any with me, i love grudge aswell, i screamed alot and jumped alot watching them, japanese remakes are the best IMO
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    IT... not the scariest film ever... but it has a clown in it... nuff said...
    Loved that one but I would go for The Shining. Jack Nicholson was brilliant in it but the whole atmosphere of the deserted Hotel just puts you on edge from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post
    Loved that one but I would go for The Shining. Jack Nicholson was brilliant in it but the whole atmosphere of the deserted Hotel just puts you on edge from the start.
    the 1st time i saw that i was a bit to young to understand everything that was going on, but i appreciated it a lot more when i watched it again later.

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose is another good film, took me 2 watches to get through it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post
    Yeah,The Shining for me too,Gene.Exorcist was good but a bit overated.What about these Saw movies are they as good as their made out to be?Also liked The Others,although somebody did spoil the twist for me at the end.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

japanese the ring films are quite scary hate subtitle films but you get over that in seconds with these's films SCARYYYYYYYYYY

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

recenntly watched a film called 'Rec', which is very scary! Its a Spanish film with subtitles, the recent remake of this film was 'Quarantine', not seen it yet, but dont think it got great reviews. Original is apparently better. Check it out. Very scary!

The closing moments of 'Carrie' did it for me.
    The hand suddenly shooting out from the grave.
    Cinema audience gasped/shrieked to a man ! - the women screamed .
    It frit the living daylights out of me for a second or three.

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    The closing moments of 'Carrie' did it for me.
    The hand suddenly shooting out from the grave.
    Cinema audience gasped/shrieked to a man ! - the women screamed .
    It frit the living daylights out of me for a second or three.
    ooh, i forgot about that one!!!!

The American Werewolf in London too.... when he "wakes up" and the nurse opens the curtains...

The exorsist scared me IT did as well but so did the saw films.

The Abominable Dr Phibes really did it for me. No sleep for a few days after that one.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

The Haunting....black and white movie from the 60's..........eerie, spine chilling, brilliant plot and just so frightening.

Jeepers Creepers!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

all of the saw film

the hole http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfb-KmKpC6U if you havnt seen it watch the clip

the descent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5I1q4KhKNU another trapped underground one

the hills have eyes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O76m3kpgPTQ nasty

or anything with misshappen hillbillies god they freak me out
    Last edited by kitty kat; 27-Mar-09 at 00:24.
    "You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humansuseful domestic animals."- George Mikes

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    recenntly watched a film called 'Rec', which is very scary! Its a Spanish film with subtitles, the recent remake of this film was 'Quarantine', not seen it yet, but dont think it got great reviews. Original is apparently better. Check it out. Very scary!
    i have seen it i think its pretty scary has rakes of jumpy bits in it although the start is pretty boring
    I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast