Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tear jerkers

Ok just to add another 2 to my list. Juno and PS I love you.

I watched these 2 the other day. Juno was hilarious but right at the end i felt myself welling up, and then there came the tears!

PS I love you, OMG! From the first 10 minutes until the end i was in floods o tears! That is so sad!

And am no usually one for a chick flick!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Watership Down...........

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Ok just to add another 2 to my list. Juno and PS I love you.

I watched these 2 the other day. Juno was hilarious but right at the end i felt myself welling up, and then there came the tears!

PS I love you, OMG! From the first 10 minutes until the end i was in floods o tears! That is so sad!

And am no usually one for a chick flick!
    Mmm i've never seen ps i love you. Might have a watch of that one.
    The last thing i watched that i cried at has to an eposide of heroes when hiro gpes back in time to get his memories back. His mother is dying and as i love this show and know how it feels to lose a parent it made me cry buckets. Nowadays anything that goes along the same lines of losing someone you love I cry. I'd like to say i'm a tough nut but films and tv shows that have stories like that in it get in and make me shed.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

i cry mostly at animal films,the music from international velvet sets me off!
    seabiscuit,im really blubbering at that.
    ghost,think it took five attempts to watch it to the end.
    bambi,hate to say,but i killed one on the road a couple of years ago and my OH picked it up and did a wee bambi impression and i was a right state then!
    my son was really embarased when we saw racing stripes,at the start when they drive away and the baby zebra is alone,i howled,in the cinema,my boy was about 8,and he went and sat at the other end of the isle!
    mind you,pregnancy does strange things to you,years ago,with my son,it was the last bisto family advert!this time it was the sma milk ad,still fill up at the baby shoes beside the dads ones!!

Default shellys right, pregnancy messes your head up! im a fellow sap now!

braveheart.
    watched it about a hundred times......tried really hard but have cried EVERY time!
    same situation with the green mile. poor john coffee

Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    that was on sky a few months ago.. i howled... again....
    HHmm, i cry at anything

A Place for Annie was on sky the other day... my 9 year old couldnt beleive i was sobbing at it..

lets see..

Last Snows of Spring
    A message from Holly
    ET
    The Notebook
    The Colour Purple
    The Outsiders
    Kramer Vs Kramer
    The Champ
    The Elephant Man
    Sophies Choice (i saw a clip of this and couldnt stop crying at that!!)
    Watership Down (was on yesterday, but no one else wanted to watch it)

i love a good cry.. can you tell...
    Ooh The Last Snows of Spring! I saw it about 5 times when I was a young teenager and cried and cried, even when I was telling the story to people I'd cry! The music was so lovely and the scene at the end.....well, sniff!!! Can you get it on DVD???

Quote Originally Posted by flyfifer View Post
    Ooh The Last Snows of Spring! I saw it about 5 times when I was a young teenager and cried and cried, even when I was telling the story to people I'd cry! The music was so lovely and the scene at the end.....well, sniff!!! Can you get it on DVD???
    it was the 1st film i ever cried at. I was so bad i couldnt breath!!!

Hmm, good question.. seems to be available on good old VHS on amazon
    "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…What a sick, masochistic lion."

'Beaches' with Bette Midler, seen it loads of times but still blubb every time, especially when she sings 'Wind Beneath my Wings' at the end.

Also 'Gorillas in the Mist'.

I saw last snows of spring at the cinema and cried too.

The Railway Children ( the old one with bernard Cribbens) always makes me cry at the end when her dad comes back - she shouts "Daddy my daddy" and I'm away. Last time I only caught the end of it and cried - the boys didnt half laugh at me.

The other film that had me in tears recently was Crash - where the shopkeeper shoots the locksmith and the little girl jumps up to save her daddy witht he invisible cloak. My god it made my heart stop and I bawled my head off. I watched it again a week or so ago and although i didnt cry i still think it made hard watching.

Shelley is right though - Im banned from watching anything remotely tear jerking at the moment. I can cry over anything - sheesh hormones!!!!

Went to see Love Story at the pictures and came out like most of the females with red eyes and a pocket full of wet tissues.
    Ghost is another I need the tissues for.
    Then there's Schindler's List ~ (as fluff said) it's that wee girl in the red coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Went to see Love Story at the pictures and came out like most of the females with red eyes and a pocket full of wet tissues.
    Ghost is another I need the tissues for.
    Then there's Schindler's List ~ (as fluff said) it's that wee girl in the red

i was just about to say ghost i cant believe no one had said before omg i cried so much at the end gotta go im welling up
    "You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humansuseful domestic animals."- George Mikes

Just had a good greet watching Field of Dreams, again. ET always has me reaching for the tissues. I'm usually OK until his wee heart lights up and the rose comes to life. Welling up at the thought..........
    And "daddy my daddy" gets me every time.

Thankyou Nightowl thought I was the only person one who would admit to crying at Field of Dreams, my favourite film ever.

Post tear jerkers

Marley and me! great film very funny at start but hould at the end!!

1.broke back mountain
    2.ghost
    3.marley&me
    4.E.T
    5.green mile
    6.beaches
    7.titanic
    8.The Colour Purple.
    Last edited by bettedaviseyes; 25-Mar-10 at 23:22.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

I just finished watching Marley and Me, that was so sad! Not my type of film really. But the tears was streaming down my face for over 20 minutes!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

A Perfect World with Kevin Costner - first watched it in cinema with my sister, when lights went up we were the only 2 crying

have watched it on dvd andtv since and I still cry at it!

City of Angles... even just listening to the song from that film, 'Angels' by Sarah McLachlan makes me sad!!

Also The Green Mile - gets me every time!

Do love a good tear jerker though

I also cry every time at the very end of 'Homeward Bound' - Such a classic 'Boxing Day' film, haven't seen it in years!!

First time I saw the "The Elephant Man" and all the way through making my mothers tribute DVD!!
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast