Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loch More Star Trails

1. Default

Brilliant capture Astroman,have seen two at the same time before but never side by side like this one,very rare i would say.Well done indeed.
    Do you fancy having a go at trying to capturing the ISS through your main scope?Seen a few pics of ppl who just manually guide their scopes to follow it.you can make out the solar panels and main body,quite amazing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Brilliant capture Astroman,have seen two at the same time before but never side by side like this one,very rare i would say.Well done indeed.
    Do you fancy having a go at trying to capturing the ISS through your main scope?Seen a few pics of ppl who just manually guide their scopes to follow it.you can make out the solar panels and main body,quite amazing really.
    I agree, the detail some manage to get photographing the ISS is quite amazing. Not convinced I'd be able to track it and photograph it with the speed it moves across the sky, but might give it a go some time.

Default More Star Trails

Just had to try a long exposure myself before the summer nights arrive...

30 minutes at ISO100 on a static tripod. Pole Star bottom left with bright trails at the top belonging to the Plough
    Last edited by astroman; 22-Apr-09 at 21:45.

4. Default

Great shot.like the framing too.The dreaded long days are getting near.

That's fab astroman! Love the orange branch!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12