...not the incident with the tomato ketchup last night - dropped a bottle from the fridge onto the unforgiving quarry tiled floor. The resultant red gusher splashed ketchup all over a two week old pair of light suede hush-puppy type shoes. Glass everywhere too - eeh I did cuss. I've had a twenty four spell of droppages, spillages and general ham fistedness

Oh! and ketchup stains ! I digress..

No...what I mean to say is I've bought three dvd's this week. All of which I've seen before.
As my wage earning has hit the buffers - temporarily - I thought it best to get 'em now while I can . I've an eye to the future and want to watch a couple of 'em with my Grandaughter as she gets old enough.

Shane - one of my favourite westerns...Alan Ladd stood on a wooden crate some of the time and battling it out with a menacing Jack Palance. Brilliant.

Towering Inferno - Loved this in the seventies when I saw it at the cinema with Mrs.T. 1974 I think. Robert Wagner was interviewed on the radio t'other day and he sounds such a charming chap it brought back memories of this stellar casted blockbuster. Might watch this tonight actually.

Layer Cake - A double disc edition for just three quid. I like this stylish gangster romp even though it's about drugs - which usually get up my nose -I think Daniel Craig is excellent in it and it's very fast moving. Good performance from Sally Hawkins and a few others including Colm Meaney. Almost believable...and I really like it.

Set me back about fourteen quid altogether - not at all bad.Throw in a Pub Quiz thing for £2.99 from Morrisons and we're sorted for well....a week at least