Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Paypal

Default Paypal

Here's the deal.

I just sold a phone on another forum I use.

He paid buy paypal.

I withdrew the funds (Paypal say 3-5 days until they are in my bank)

Should I wait until the money is in my bank before sending the item?

If I send it, can the person retract their payment?

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Default yes the

yes the payment can be retracted, wait until payment is cleared then send

Quote Originally Posted by *Martin* View Post
    Here's the deal.

I just sold a phone on another forum I use.

He paid buy paypal.

I withdrew the funds (Paypal say 3-5 days until they are in my bank)

From the Paypal Help pages:-

"PayPal cannot reverse a transaction which is ‘Completed’. In this case, we suggest that you contact the recipient directly to arrange a refund."

I always post my goods as soon as people pay by Paypal. At the end of the day, a buyer can always claim that you didn't send the goods and file a complaint with Paypal (If they are going to be that way inclined) I always use recorded delivery and keep the receipts for a while, in case of any problems. Most people I buy from on eBay, using Paypal, also send the goods out quickly. It would slow the whole process down if everyone was to wait five days before sending and it would be a major factor in considering whether Paypal was a useful payment method.

Cheers!!

I always send out goods once I have recieved payment into paypal, However i now only sens goods by recorded delivery as it cuts down on the false claims buyer make. wh had two occasions when a buyer said they did not recieve an item and within a few days of having their money back they were selling the same item on ebay.
    So now everything goes recorded and is signed for
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Once you have received that payment into your PayPal account it's then safe to send the item. If you have gone as far as instigating a withdrawal from PayPal then the money is no longer even in your PayPal account. As soon as I receive notification of a payment I go ahead and post whatever it is I have sold.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

If a seller waited 5 days afore posting something out when I had paid by pay pal I would never buy from them again. The reason I use paypal to pay is to get things quicker.
    Last edited by changilass; 18-Mar-09 at 16:49.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by *Martin* View Post

No, you should send the item as you have the payment. Paypal is pretty instant and goods should be sent when payyment appears in your Paypal account. Everyone is right in what they have said.

Goods should be sent as soon an Payment is paid by PayPal.

Riggerboy is 100% Incorrect in what he says as the Buyer Can Not reverse the payment so you should send the item ASAP.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Talking fun

on that i stand corrected, have always been of the opinon that it can be retracted,

i am so sorry for giving out the wrong information please please forgive me

whip me o master but please dont sell me,

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    Gee whizzz, I didn't this was that kind of forum

Don't get me started about this! It's a disg... oh, I thought you meant Interpal...

<goes back to sleep>

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    on that i stand corrected, have always been of the opinon that it can be retracted,

i am so sorry for giving out the wrong information please please forgive me

I had also heard stories about buyers retracting payments through Paypal. I think there was a confusion regarding genuine buyers who had not received the goods they had paid for, and who had been refunded after filing a complaint with Paypal. Once you file a complaint, Paypal sends an email to the seller. If the seller does not respond within the given timescale, Paypal automatically finds in favour of the complainant. This happened to me when I bought a computer game from Thailand and never received it, or any response from the seller. I was refunded in full. I sympathise somewhat with high volume sellers, as packages can become lost or delayed, and some buyers are very impatient and either won't wait for a response, or simply not even bother to contact the seller.

Caution is advised in some cases though. I was in the Post Office a couple of years ago when a young lad was enquiring about postal charges to foreign countries. The boy had sold an item on eBay and was telling the clerk that his buyer was not going to pay for the item until he had a tracking number to prove his item had been sent to him!! Once the lad mentioned that Nigeria was the destination, I felt like screaming at him to get a grip on himself!! I intended to have a chat with him after I had been served but he took off, saying he would have a think about sending the parcel before being paid by the buyer. I can't believe some people can be so gullible.

Ok thanks for the help guys. I'll nip to the post office in the morning!