Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And we aere supposed to look up to them.

router Guest

Default And we aere supposed to look up to them.

Cam across this and it makes you wonder. I always thought that you had to be clean fom anything like convictions to join the police and maintain it throught your career. What is the world coming to

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7936041.stm

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Default biggest

if you concider that the police are the biggest orginised gang in the world today with branches in every country, you would have to wear really dark glasses to think that they are not crooked and twisted, they have more cover ups than a really covered up thing, cant believe you dont believe they can be corrupt from the ground level up

The Boy Scouts are also a large organised gang, with branches in every country.

Are they, by default, "corrupt from the ground (sheet) level up" too?

"It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

router Guest

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    if you concider that the police are the biggest orginised gang in the world today with branches in every country, you would have to wear really dark glasses to think that they are not crooked and twisted, they have more cover ups than a really covered up thing, cant believe you dont believe they can be corrupt from the ground level up

But they are not supposed to . How can i believe in them if this is the realistic view of things. Its hard to look at police knowing they could or have be done for speeding, being currupt, and whatever else they do. A copper stops a motorist for speeding then goes and does the same, how can they remain a police officer, joined the force to up hold the law yet willingly break it.Who is to believe in anything, when even those in authority cant be trusted.
    I know the corruption goes on im not so nieve.

Quote - More than half of the 1,063 convictions relate to speeding or other motoring offences; 77 officers have convictions for violence and 96 for dishonesty.

Considering the amount of police officers working in the UK today I would say that that is a very small amount. Hardly newsworthy.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

Tend to agree with Julia. We can't expect everyone who is a Policeman to be as pure as the driven snow. Even the best of us have a criminal record and/or have spent a night in the cells! It's no boast though!

WBG

I am sure there are Doctors,Lawyers, Brain Surgeons,Priests out there who have convictions but does that make them any worse at their job- NO!
    It makes them Human like the rest of us, well I m Human anyway!!!

router Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    I am sure there are Doctors,Lawyers, Brain Surgeons,Priests out there who have convictions but does that make them any worse at their job- NO!
    It makes them Human like the rest of us, well I m Human anyway!!!
    so a policeman is allowed to speed because hes human, that gives a doctor the right to take a life instead of healing one if he so chooses because hes human.think of shipman.

You take a job like policing and yes you are expected to uphold the law not break it.

Quote Originally Posted by router View Post
    so a policeman is allowed to speed because hes human, that gives a doctor the right to take a life instead of healing one if he so chooses because hes human.think of shipman.

You take a job like policing and yes you are expected to uphold the law not break it.
    All I can say is "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" none of us are totally innocent are we?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

router Guest

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    All I can say is "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" none of us are totally innocent are we?

"Practice what you preach" in my eyes in any thing you do, but maybe thats just me.

good comment golach,none of us are pefect!

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post

I would be more worried if none had convictions, then you would have a case to shout corruption.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    I would be more worried if none had convictions, then you would have a case to shout corruption.
    Good point Changi! That would be far more worrying
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by router View Post
    "Practice what you preach" in my eyes in any thing you do, but maybe thats just me.
    Well router, if you are totally innocent, I congratulate you. I used to be a seaman, and as such brought home a few extra cigarettes over the allowance now and again, that made me a smuggler, nine years after I left the sea, I became a member of HM Customs & Excise, my smuggling experience made me a good Revenuer
    Maybe to be a good police officer, you need to be and think like a criminal, just a thought.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I guess we all know about the poachers who became gamekeepers, reason being they made very good gamekeepers.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by weeboyagee View Post
    Tend to agree with Julia. We can't expect everyone who is a Policeman to be as pure as the driven snow. Even the best of us have a criminal record and/or have spent a night in the cells! It's no boast though!

WBG
    Thanks for making me feel a right dull lady ! I hav nae spent a night in e cells OR been handcuffed, no even penalty points on my licence............
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

But some of us are smart enough not to get caught (except for the speeding thing...)
    Last edited by George Brims; 12-Mar-09 at 01:06. Reason: baad typign

There is no-one in life who can say they have NEVER EVER done anything wrong.We have all done something though some will have done worse than others.Nicking a Towel from a hotel is theft technically,so is taking someones pen!!!!
    I just cant stand people getting on their pedastool looking down their noses at society thinking they are without sin and are the moral guardians of society.
    The truth is we all have skeletons in our cupboard it just depends if you open the door and have a look every now and again!!!!

just my opinion but all the people sticking up for the fact that police officers that have broken the law is alright because nobody's perfect and we are all human is the main reason we have crooked cops

there should be no excuse for police men having violent offences on their list and speeding offences then going out and charging people for these offences its frankly disturbing that officers can still do their job after being convicted of crimes

there are plenty people who dont fight or speed two of which i strongly disagree with the government and the police is crooked enough without people saying oh its ok they are only human, if you knew of an officer charged with drunk and disorderly speeding and fighting you may feel different if he pulls you over and hands you a ticket with a large fine for being 5mph over the limit when he got away with a small fine for being 50mph over the limit

no police man/woman with criminal offence should be in the force and no doctor that has intentionally killed or made people ill should be in a hospital and a lawyer who is known for or been involved in any sort of crime should be trying to get criminals off the hook

everything from the government down is corrupt and people just accepting it is why nothing changes because everyone just accepts the fact police are criminals and the fact the government wont change

this is just my opinion and isnt meant to offend anyone here i just get wild when it comes to the police or the government they both F us over and majority just accept it so nothing will change

the government was put together originally to run the country as the people wanted it run what happened? now the government runs the people!

sorry rant over lol
    Last edited by GetWithTheTimes; 12-Mar-09 at 07:45.
    Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

on slightly different note,
    While out walking the dog i came across a set of keys, which i handed in to the Police station in Wick. About 4 hours later i received a call from the Police saying that the owner of the keys has left a reward.
    I did not go until the following week to collect the reward, when i spoke with the lady in the station she confirmed that it was herself that phoned me and then went to find the envelope, after 5 mins she came back and said she could not find it but will call me when she does. 3 weeks has gone and still they have not found the reward!
    i don't care about the reward, but i seems abit strange to me that a envelope with money in it just disappears in a police station?
    Scottish by birth, British by law,Highlander by the grace of God.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast