Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wedding Band

Default Wedding Band

Can anyone recommend a good band to play at a wedding that will be half english, half scottish and have guests aged 1 - 70?

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...t=bands+whisky

this came from a thread on the org

hope it helps?
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

You could try the Riddel family band. Depends what your after

Alice:01847895737

Talking

How about Whisky, think they do wedding's and they are really good......

What kind of music are you after? A good mixture?

Default band

remix were excellent for my wedding. Played every sort of music for all ages. really got everyone going. They were priced right as well. Whiskey and Kate bain are good but they are more expensive

You can get there numbers usually from your venue for your dance. Most placed do a wedding packs.

Thank you for all the replies, much appreciated, we wanted something that little kids can dance to as well as scottish stuff for the adults, a bit of everything really. Does anyone have a number for Remix as the number I have states it is not receiving incoming calls?

Default re band

Hi I had a few kids at my wedding of mixed ages and they loved remix. Number is June Macloed on 01955 603793. I had Adie Harper play with them which gave a wider range but you can have them without him if you wish. It was cheaper without as well.

Hope this helps and good luck for the wedding

Default bands

i have a few other band numbers if you are needing as well

Angry

Thanks for the number, I tried yesterday and today but still can't get through, last week when I tried I got the message that the line doesn't accept incoming calls and now the line is dead, does anyone have another number or email for Remix?

Coreyjay, you need to get in touch with Addie Harper.

Try: http://www.addieharper.com/ for details.

If your still having difficulty you could also consider contacting Whisky at:
    www.whisky-band.co.uk and/or www.bebo.com/whiskyband

I take the bookings for Whisky.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Thanks for your msg, I contacted Whisky, they are already booked for our date but thank you

Default Remix

Contact Addie Harper on 01955 603216

After Hours are also available for bookings. Rhythm n blues, 60's pop, rock n roll and quality tunes to dance and sing along to. The band can also provide a lively scottish dance music section for traditional scottish "strip the willow"-style dances.

PM me or call Ian on 01847 821 724.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Cool Kw1

You should try the band KW1.
    We were at a wedding they played at last year and they were great - got everyone up dancing right from the first song. Played a good mix of modern, old stuff and scottish music. Think Gerry Henderson the builder in Wick is in the band, so you could try phoning him to book them.

This is probably too late but we were married in Caithness last year and got this wedding band to come up from the lothians:

www.blueexpress.co.uk

They played for 3 and a bit hours and did all the classic wedding tunes with a bit of ceilidh thrown in.

They were a fantastic wedding band and we would both tell anyone to book them in a shot!