Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just watched the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post
    The link could possibly be the bombers and circumstances of that day have strong links to the city that yesterdays protest was held in. Might suggest that there are a few extremists there it would be worth keeping an eye on. Particularly as heavily veiled women were taking photographs of the soldiers on the parade as well.

But hey, don't let your inability to research someones posts stop you from throwing claims of racism and bigotry about. Seems even mentioning something that Muslims actually did now makes you a racist and a bigot to some people.

Don't worry though, I have my "Diversity Training" next week on my return to work. It might even work, you never know. I am going to sit at the back of the class and get my West Indian colleague to call me "honky" for the day and a half while he insists I call him "my negro amigo", just like we did last time.

Making left wing PC Mentalists blow their stack is such fun ..
    We know that the 7/7 bombers met at Luton prior to moving on to London. We know that Luton has a large South Asian population. We know that there will be people that the security services are watching. Unfortunately there are too many people that think the whole population of Luton are now fundamental extremists.

My reference to racism and bigotry is because there is a clear distinction between abusing someone because of the job they do and abusing someone because of their religion/colour. Although I acknowledge some people have yet to recognize that difference. There are evidently some who will use the slightest excuse to insult someone because they happen to be a Muslim.

Your description of "Diversity Training" sounds as if it’s the sort of training that does more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    The point I was trying to make, maybe not very well put, was this. You stated that the protesters were in the minority of law abiding muslims in the UK. Well so were the the 7/7 murderers.
    Another point Id like to make is that recently a law has been passed prohibiting the photographing of Police, Service personnel etc if it is deemed a threat to national security. Why then, werent the burkha clad women, who were clearly seen taking photos of the passing troops arrested?
    As I said in my response to Gene Hunt these protesters are a minority and we should not allow their misplaced dogma to cause social hysteria. The Bedford police quickly corralled them and held them in a designated space until the march was over. So the police had a good idea that it was going to happen. These groups are being watched and the police walk a fine line in judging these activities.
    There is no law as yet against photographing a policeman. Although you could be charged with a public order offence should your actions hinder their activities.

Btw, if Im the one who youre accusing of being racist and bigoted, how is it that youre not even allowed to build a church in many Islamic countries. That to me is racism and bigotry at its worst.
    I'm not accusing anyone of being a racist; I'm just trying to point out that racism and bigotry are easy traps to fall into when people get wound up about these issues.
    There are only a few Islamic countries where building a church is problematic, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and many areas of Pakistan are examples. The UAE has churches as do many other middle eastern countries including Iraq and Iran.
    Last edited by Gronnuck; 11-Mar-09 at 12:56.

This protest was unfortunate, but that is right that everybody has in this PC country of ours. The majority of Muslims living here are good law abiding citizens, many have made great contributions to our country and enjoy the freedoms we have to offer without attempting to abuse them. However, there are also a minority of Muslims living in this country who do not appreciated the freedoms we have, but use them at every opportunity to critise us and our way of life, and are being allowed to feed their hatred of our western ways to the younger generation through the extremist views of their clerics, who use our freedoms to preach their vitriolic bile. They would never have been allowed to do this in the Islamic countries they left behind. Our freedoms even allowed the Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary air time this morning to expess his condemnation of us.
    At times like this that great speach of Australias ex Prime Minister John Howard comes to mind when Muslims attempted to intoduce Islamic Sharia law in Australia. (I will not quote the speach here, can't remember it all). It is just a pity that one or two of our own politicians would not take a leaf out of his book and speak out in support of our way of life.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    The UAE has churches as do many other middle eastern countries including Iraq and Iran.
    I know its not the middle east, but so did the Serbian province of Kosovo, until it was betrayed and handed over to muslims, who then proceded to loot them and burn them to the ground. But thats another story.

I know its not the middle east, but so did the Serbian province of Kosovo, until it was betrayed and handed over to muslims, who then proceded to loot them and burn them to the ground. But thats another story.
    This is nothing new, Catholic Spain did the same to the Moors hundreds of years ago, they even built catherdrals over the Mosques, go to the Catherdral in Seville if you wish to make sure.
    Why bring up Serbia, and not Spain?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Which Muslim invaders are these? The ones who hail from the local ethnic population and, together with the Roman Catholic Kosovar Albanians, make up 98% of the population?

The Serbian Orthodox churches are also still there. Those mostly likely to have been destroyed were the Catholic churches and Albanian big houses, mostly in the 1990s.
    Last edited by Melancholy Man; 11-Mar-09 at 23:13.

Would these same protesters still shout at These brave men if they were in Iraq,Afghanistan and had to be protected from the Taliban?
    If they dont like it and want to show solidarity for their "people" then maybe they should heard for Dover jump on the ferry and head for their "Adopted Homeland".We'll see how long they last without all the benefits of living in Britain!

Gronnuck .. apologies if my reply to your post came across as a dig. Was not meant that way. My daughter had a great idea last night, we just convince the Plane Stupid group that these protesters are all for runway expansion and then its just a matter of watching the gunging commence. Although I know she was joking its fun to imagine.

Its a shame that almost every discussion these days on issues involving muslims ends up with the race issue as the subject matter. My wife is mixed race and so are our kids, this is why I have a dislike of the PC culture and the Diversity brigade always pointing out they are different. We have brung our kids up as people not "ethnic minorities" in a demographic, anyone who thinks Britian is racist needs to have seen the endless stream of young men asking for my 15 year old twin daughters. If one more lad in the village asks me if the young Halle Barry's are in I wont be responsible.

My son is just 18 and in training with the Marines right now and says that the general attitude to these protesters is "look, laugh and jog on" in marine speak. Although he did say that a protest at a repatration of those killed in action would not go down well. He sent me a link to this pic .. http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...in_724907a.jpg .. It was taken in a Wiltshire town called Woolton Bassett near the base that those killed in action are brought home through. The people in this town make sure the streets are lined whenever this happens. Its just a pity that the media cant concentrate on things like this instead of hypocritical thugs who arent fit to lace the boots of those they screamed at and insulted.

Genehunt; "Its just a pity that the media cant concentrate on things like this instead of hypocritical thugs who arent fit to lace the boots of those they screamed at and insulted."

Fully agreee and good luck to your son - one of mine is off to Afghan in a couple of weeks for another tour, he's none too bothered about the scum referred to in this post either..

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Would these same protesters still shout at These brave men if they were in Iraq,Afghanistan and had to be protected from the Taliban?
    Hotrod, they are Taleban.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    They all love their own countries, Percy. Pity none of them want to live in them.
    Very well said TBH.

But if it were white scum with anti muslim placards, the Police would have been straight in with their batons and horses. It appears to me that in this country now, muslims seem to get away with a lot more than the rest of the population.
    I tend to agree with you there, Bazeye.

There's a reason I don't read The Independent, and this is it.

Default rich

... and, as the sun sinks in the west, another day's round of backslapping intolerence draws to it's utterly predictable conclusion....
    Richard Sutherland

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholy Man View Post
    There's a reason I don't read The Independent, and this is it.
    I can see why. That guy in the article is a right hypocrite, funny how "freedom of speech" is so important to him now that he wants to use it to insult our troops. "Freedom of speech" apparently doesn't apply to anyone who draws cartoons in Denmark though or says or does anything that Muslims don't like.

I thought you were just upset that they had spelt Taliban incorrectly though ..

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt View Post
    I can see why. That guy in the article is a right hypocrite, funny how "freedom of speech" is so important to him now that he wants to use it to insult our troops. "Freedom of speech" apparently doesn't apply to anyone who draws cartoons in Denmark though or says or does anything that Muslims don't like.
    Ask Salman Rushdie

On consideration that photograph of the several black-burkha enveloped , bat like females most of whom were wearing trainers - somewhat incongruous of you ask me - was deeply unsettling. They appear to be a rather muddled lot. Best covered up though probably.... It's said they do it to wind us non-muslims up you know....I'm not sure.

Their parents perhaps came here for a better life and it wouldn't have been hard to find for their daughters .

Islam is such a patriarchal system - or at least appears that way - do they long to be under the thumb...left uneducated in a masculine led system. The workshop manual of which says it's okay to give 'em the odd slap - according to some interpretations.

As I said originally the protestors were small in number. They are better in the open than plotting more scurrilous activities in their homes. I would so like to know how many of them are surviving on benefits though because frankly, the very idea galls me no end. Those placard bearing protestors all looked the same...bushy black beards and angry eyes - pity they don't cover the blokes up en all.
    Last edited by percy toboggan; 12-Mar-09 at 20:09. Reason: clad to enveloped

Default conclusion...what conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    ... and, as the sun sinks in the west, another day's round of backslapping intolerence draws to it's utterly predictable conclusion....
    Maybe it's the time difference between here and your neck of the woods ... but I don't think it's finished yet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123