Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Unusual seed help!

Default Unusual seed help!

I've just bought some seeds for plants I've never heard of, let alone grown. Has anyone got any experience of growing these things, or am I going in completely blind?
    I got Bat flower, orchid tree, japanese tree lilac and datura-which I have grown before.

Anyone with any hints or tips before I crucify these seeds in my attempt at growing them, greatly appreciated.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Default Unusual seed help!

Is there directions on the back of the envelope? Look up on internet.

A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Default unusual seed help

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo
    I've just bought some seeds for plants I've never heard of, let alone grown. Has anyone got any experience of growing these things, or am I going in completely blind?
    I got Bat flower, orchid tree, japanese tree lilac and datura-which I have grown before.

Anyone with any hints or tips before I crucify these seeds in my attempt at growing them, greatly appreciated.
    Any luck with your seeds. The Datura I sowed a couple of weeks ago are up.

Not a bean! I must have sowed em a couple of weeks ago too.

So what sort of enviroment have you got yours in??
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Default Unusual seed help

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo
    Not a bean! I must have sowed em a couple of weeks ago too.

So what sort of enviroment have you got yours in??
    John Innes seed sowing compost - small seed tray - cover lightly with soil, I use an old kitchen sieve. Completely wrap tray with cling film, to keep moisture in, and then in a heated propagator. Watch every day, as they seem to appear at random. Remove film and keep moist. Worked last year and seems to be ok this year. Time will tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!