Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thrumster Mills

Default Thrumster Horses

Thrumster Mains Farm, Tony. Garnet.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet View Post
    Thrumster Mains Farm, Tony. Garnet.
    knew they went down there somewhere and must have assumed it was about the mill there was a fleet of horse and carts on the site no canny
    that would make sense regards tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tam 2000 View Post
    I lived at Thrumster Mill for thirty years,
    We moved into the Mill in April. Do you have any old pictures of the place before you renovated it. Also of the old mill. Would love to know the exact layout.
    Also in response sgmcgregor. I am a mcgregor and so we have returned to the Mill. My family is not from up here though.

Quote Originally Posted by gerry4 View Post
    Also in response sgmcgregor. I am a mcgregor and so we have returned to the Mill. My family is not from up here though.
    Gerry4,

Nice to hear from another McGregor.

My family weren't living at the mill, but they were living and working around the Thrumster area, hence the photograph.

Hopefully the pictures are of interest to someone.

There are many unidentified pictures in my family album, and it would be nice to know who they all are - or be able to reunite the pictures with long lost family.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by sgmcgregor View Post
    Gerry4,

Nice to hear from another McGregor.

There are many unidentified pictures in my family album, and it would be nice to know who they all are - or be able to reunite the pictures with long lost family.

Steven
    I have been researching my family and the McGregor side is from Renfrewshire. I think I have gone as far back as 1800 but hit a brick wall.

If any of your pictures from around here are of the old mill would love to see them.

Gerry

Default Neilsons of Mill House Thrumster Little

sent smcgregor pm today.
    the oags are related to Henrietta and William Neilson. He was the headmaster in Thrumster public school start of 20th C. As far as I know he lived there until he passed away (1930). Henrietta would have been there even in 1945. She lived a long time!
    tried to get in touch with Peter Oag in Thrumster - maybe I go the wrong one? thanks
    Lorna
    Joey and Peter Oag knew some of my family who came up north on holiday from Glasgow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12