Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Jets in Wales

Default Jets in Wales

I am just starting out in Photography, just bought a Canon Powershot but its still a mystery to me. I have a workmate who is a bit handy with a camera and he has just posted up today's work on his usual site. He captures the jets at low level here in Wales and will be taking me up his usual hillside soon hopefully.

Hope they are of interest .. http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6920

cant think why but i saw the title and i had this flash of a dolphin riding a jetski lol Nearest thing i could find was this hehehe

If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

Stunning shots. Having tried jets myself these are just fabulous. I assume a fairly serious lens was being put to good use.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Stunning shots. Having tried jets myself these are just fabulous. I assume a fairly serious lens was being put to good use.
    He does have all the goodies including some seriously large lenses. I am just starting out with photography so not sure of the exact specs though. The jets can get VERY close though. I do a lot of hill walking around the Bwlch and Mach loop areas they low fly in. On the odd occasion you will get a wave from the crew as they skim past level with you.

Figured that if I am going to be up there I might as well take some pics so I got myself a camera, for the scenery as much as the aircraft. Will post some up when I get up there again.

Excellent shots indeed...

Very sharp and clear. Well done, great captures.

Stunning shots, very lucky boy! I`m seriously jealous,love fast jets close up. The noise,the feeling and even the smell of jet fuel. Miss Southend and Biggin Hill and Eastbourne airshows.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Thumbs up Jets in Wales

Hi 'Gene'

Unfortunately 'Bwlch' is far to common in Welsh to place, Mach Loop - is this around the Machynlech area? I know that North Wales is allocated to low flying trainijng and that Cardigan bay is used as an Arial Range , using pilotless (Jindivigs (sp)) aircraft from RAE Llanbedr,. I had hopped to maybe place where the the aircaft were flying, but all the photos were to close up. If you do much walking in Snowdonia, there is always a good chance you will catch aircraft level, or even below you. My favourites are always the Hercules practising Low Level Aid drops.

They look stunning from above, lol.

Thanks for posting the link.

Gene Hunt,
    Very impressive.