Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Cool gadget for .org addicts!

Arrow Cool gadget for .org addicts!

Do you miss the good telly while your on the org?
    Well get one of these £40 they work great - the ariel is good and mine works great round central scotland in Wick it did need a booster or plugging to the main tv ariel but still can be done and you can get the 100`s of digital channels in a little window next to the forum page!
    You can so record programmes.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Freecom-DVB-T-...QQcmdZViewItem

Hey Granty, thats nifty, I might just think about getting on of them.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

krieve Guest

Thats a great idea grantyg lol

I gotta get me one of those!
    You get what you give

knightofeth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by grantyg
    Do you miss the good telly while your on the org?
    Well get one of these £40 they work great - the ariel is good and mine works great round central scotland in Wick it did need a booster or plugging to the main tv ariel but still can be done and you can get the 100`s of digital channels in a little window next to the forum page!
    You can so record programmes.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Freecom-DVB-T-...QQcmdZViewItem

I recently bought this exact hardware but couldn't get it to work in Thurso. I then took it with me to Inverness along with my laptop but it wouldn't work there either. I have plugged it into my booster aeriel at home and everything Any suggestions?

Our signal is still rubbish sometimes with a real ariel so I dont know what that wee tidily thing would do.

I just picked up one of these - http://www.elgato.com/index.php?file=products_eyetvdtt

I can get most of the Freeview channels but not BBC1 or 2 - seems I might need a wideband antenna - the very small aerial supplied is only getting a signal of about 60%.

Its a great gadget providing you have a great reception the only thing i dont like about it they try to sell it as portable tv what u can use while your on the move but the gadget needs good reception for it to work and if you are mobile a lot u will not always get good reception plus u have to mess about with the arial a lot to get good reception