Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dunnethead lighthouse

Thumbs up dunnethead lighthouse

went to another great gig at the lighthouse and really enjoyed it.clive carroll this time and he is a maestro on the guitar.john and isaac as usual were great hosts and the banter was cracking good.next gig is april and it canna come round fast enough for me!did anybody else have the pleasure of being there and what did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    went to another great gig at the lighthouse and really enjoyed it.clive carroll this time and he is a maestro on the guitar.john and isaac as usual were great hosts and the banter was cracking good.next gig is april and it canna come round fast enough for me!did anybody else have the pleasure of being there and what did you think of it?
    Thanks for the kind words. Clive is certainly a master. Dan Arborise is next and he has quite a reputation also.

Stunning performances all round - Clive Carroll blew my mind - very nice chap too

It was textbook. The music was matched by clive's banter.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

It was a brilliant night indeed. I had seen Clive Caroll before and enjoyed him then too. A top night. Thx John and Isaac.

Is it by invitation only or can anyone go? I have heard that they are great nights.

a night at the light house would be good i am getting back to my old self now that the years have passed and starting to enjoy music a lot more, i haven't been there in years but i must say magnificent collection of guitars when i was there! I have just recently bought a cheap guitar to practice on but i must admit it will take some time to produce anything near the quality of john and isaac i will most likely be in a zimmer frame by the time i can play anywhere near their quality
    Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

'e nite wis indeed fantastic....top class. 1st half wis a class act also. a nice way til break on 'e musical season at 'e litehoose.

i wis lucky enough til enjoy a wee session efterwards wi mr fattz an mr carroll, absolutely brilliant....wis totally blown awie. cana wait til 'e next one.

Quote Originally Posted by windness View Post
    Is it by invitation only or can anyone go? I have heard that they are great nights.
    its true what they say windness....''if yer names not doon....then yer not gettin in''
    however, bein 'e fine cheil that 'e glebe-master is, am sure if ye pm'd 'e dude an speak nice he may put yer name doon.....mite see ye at 'e next one then

for all 'e ither kiddies that go i da ken if ye's hev got yer copy o' 'e previous concert when Barrere an Tackett fie little feat were playin? if ye hevna, ye should get'ed, its really fantastic lek.
    david on 'e accordian an gypsy dave is brilliant.....john an isaac are out-standin as usual.....

an excellent cd....

iv checkt oot dan arborise on utube an really lookin forward til seein him.....
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    'e nite wis indeed fantastic....top class. 1st half wis a class act also. a nice way til break on 'e musical season at 'e litehoose.

i wis lucky enough til enjoy a wee session efterwards wi mr fattz an mr carroll, absolutely brilliant....wis totally blown awie. cana wait til 'e next one.

its true what they say windness....''if yer names not doon....then yer not gettin in''
    however, bein 'e fine cheil that 'e glebe-master is, am sure if ye pm'd 'e dude an speak nice he may put yer name doon.....mite see ye at 'e next one then

for all 'e ither kiddies that go i da ken if ye's hev got yer copy o' 'e previous concert when Barrere an Tackett fie little feat were playin? if ye hevna, ye should get'ed, its really fantastic lek.
    david on 'e accordian an gypsy dave is brilliant.....john an isaac are out-standin as usual.....

an excellent cd....

iv checkt oot dan arborise on utube an really lookin forward til seein him.....
    I've not heard, or seen, footage from the Barrere/ Tackett show yet, trix. But I hope to, soon.

Speaking of the peedie feeties, there's a good chance we'll be supporting the full Little Feat band when they come to th ABC in Glasgow on May 12th. You might want to cadge a lift doon to Glesga yon night, trix

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    I've not heard, or seen, footage from the Barrere/ Tackett show yet, trix. But I hope to, soon.

Speaking of the peedie feeties, there's a good chance we'll be supporting the full Little Feat band when they come to th ABC in Glasgow on May 12th. You might want to cadge a lift doon to Glesga yon night, trix
    cadge a lift?? wi a bit o' luck il be drivin masel

cana wait....!

worth checkin oot 'at album pepsi...its weel guid
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    cadge a lift?? wi a bit o' luck il be drivin masel

cana wait....!

worth checkin oot 'at album pepsi...its weel guid
    Good good, trix. Fingers crossed.

Can someone tell me if the next gig at lighthoose is on the 16th or 19th?I canna remember what date Gleber2 said it was......

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Can someone tell me if the next gig at lighthoose is on the 16th or 19th?I canna remember what date Gleber2 said it was......
    It's the 16th, a Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    It's the 16th, a Thursday.
    Thanks for the reminder Gleber2!

I agree with Butterfly the nite was exellent and great to see a masterful guitarist and also fats an isaac as edgy as ever.
    Also hearing the accordian and the bongo drums being played struck me as new and really interesting,would like to hear more o dis.

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    I agree with Butterfly the nite was exellent and great to see a masterful guitarist and also fats an isaac as edgy as ever.
    Also hearing the accordian and the bongo drums being played struck me as new and really interesting,would like to hear more o dis.

You will on the 16th,see you there!

How are these excellent gigs funded? Is it supported by HI-Arts or lottery money or anything?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

These gigs are private parties with invited guests and they are funded by contributions from these guests. Each person is contacted personally with no public admission. Indeed there are many people who would like to come and consider themselves my friend but I may overlook a number of folk when preparing for a concert. If you fall into that category, PM me.

And there is always birthday cake at the August concert.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    surly id get in for nothin....ma pal?

no 'e first time iv seen li'l feat as a vip
    Blessed Be...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast