Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Turkeys - not just for Christmas...

Default Turkeys - not just for Christmas...

What films have you bought that have proved a real let down - turkeys ?

Little Miss Sunshine - awful...was praying for cloud

The Painted Veil - cuckolded Doctor drags wife off to China hoping they'll both catch Cholera!

Outlaw - Bean is toast in this underwhelming vigilante pic.

To name but three.
    gobble-gobble

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    Little Miss Sunshine - awful...was praying for cloud

gobble-gobble
    I really liked it, percy ...so that'll be the first turkey for my 'interesting' collection....

If you don't have it, and want it I need to know where to send it - use a third party or post restante if you like.
    I'll be well shot of it.
    Actually, the commentary track is okay.

Default Rich Films

When it comes to movies I think the great age of Hollwood was in the '30s and '40s.
    Especially the comedies.
    So I went looking on U-tube.
    And here's what I found!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds47wCubqiU
    Richard Sutherland

If you don't have it, and want it I need to know where to send it - use a third party or post restante if you like.
    I'll be well shot of it.
    Actually, the commentary track is okay.
    Thanks for the kind offer, PT, but I was thinking more of a virtual turkey collection....

You can always donate LMS to your local charity shop. Hopefully they won't mistake it for one of the Mr Men/Little Miss series.....

Default Little Miss Sunshine - the knockback

It'll stay on my shelf then as a curio - to be honest shortly after offering it I'd been haunted by doubt!! - after all I paid twelve quid for it. I'm glad you knocked me back to be honest Angela. I shall keep my largesse in check in future.

After all as your epithet says - "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"...and a Turkeys not just for Christmas

Daywatch was a real let down. There was such a big write up on it then i purchased it, pure rubbish! I turned it off about an hour into it because i had no idea what on earth it was meant to be about, it had no meaning to it.

After watching one hour of it, binned!!! Does not even deserve to sit with our 400+ dvd collection!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Against the Dark 0/10 god awful film, Steven Segal aginst Zombies. Dont watch this utter rubish. My bruv inlaw who is a big segal fan told me about it and i though I'll give it a look and thats 15min of my life i wont get back.

The Painted Veil - cuckolded Doctor drags wife off to China hoping they'll both catch Cholera!
    That's a shame - I really liked that film although it had me in tears cos it was so sad. I now know what it must be like to die of cholera - and what an awful colour it turns your body!!

Quote Originally Posted by youoldduffer View Post
    Against the Dark 0/10 god awful film, Steven Segal aginst Zombies. Dont watch this utter rubish. My bruv inlaw who is a big segal fan told me about it and i though I'll give it a look and thats 15min of my life i wont get back.
    Well, at least you cashed your chips in early.
    Films of that genre appeal little to me - although I have watched Van Damme's 'Desert Heat' a couple of times. It's funny...and features Indian motorcycles. He not up against zombies as such but some extremely unpleasant folk all the same. I do find the overly macho martial arts or tough guy movies are not my bag.

Quote Originally Posted by ett23 View Post
    That's a shame - I really liked that film although it had me in tears cos it was so sad. I now know what it must be like to die of cholera - and what an awful colour it turns your body!!
    I'm glad you liked it. I shall re-visit it one day. I'd found Norton's character rather insipid I'm afraid - in a visual sense too. Naomi Watts doesn't suit dark hair either. Superficial flaws I know but if the superficialities are not quite right I'm afraid it acts a barrier to empathy for me - I suppose that suggests I'm shallow.
    Last edited by percy toboggan; 06-Mar-09 at 19:04.

Well, at least you cashed your chips in early.
    Films of that genre appeal little to me - although I have watched Van Damme's 'Desert Heat' a couple of times. It's funny...and features Indian motorcycles. He not up against zombies as such but some extremely unpleasant folk all the same. I do find the overly macho martial arts or tough guy movies are not my bag.

Gotta look out Desert Heat as I've never seen it, not a big fan of van damme though I do like tough guy movies.

Quote Originally Posted by youoldduffer View Post
    Gotta look out Desert Heat as I've never seen it, not a big fan of van damme though I do like tough guy movies.
    FYI y.o.d. this film also goes under another name - I think it's 'Inferno'
    under which title it was released in the U.S. It's not half bad...he's a tough guy allright but there is plenty of humour in there too - and some good relationships.